What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy and Burts last game.

forward pass

Coach
The crowd (Eels section anyway) was awesome, apart from a few sooks who left with ten minutes to go. I really can't understand that, Hindy and Burt's last ten minutes in the NRL and you leave because we are losing.

They dont leave because they are losing - they leave because it can be a nightmare to get out of that joint. I don't get it either - but you wouldn't turn up in the first place if you were worried about losing.

i have no idea - but i find that exceptionally hard to believe ... i realise there is an actual rebel store on the eastern side, but on the west there were 2 stalls that are effectively just little simple sheds and they very much appear to have parra staff ..... perhaps you have to pay rebel to get the stall, but i find it hard to believe rebel run them

Yeah they have merch rights for the stadium that is why club vans are parked outside.

If you buy something there on Credit card it comes up as Rebel Sport.

I think it only happened like 2 years ago, before that all those sheds were run by Playbill.

Last edited:
They dont leave because they are losing - they leave because it can be a nightmare to get out of that joint. I don't get it either - but you wouldn't turn up in the first place if you were worried about losing.

Getting out of the stadium is easy, getting out of P1 that is a little harder, because without fail some special case goes back to his car and gets to the gates before realizing he hasn't paid, then all hell breaks loose.

That is why I love being a member of the stadium, I can go back to the members lounge, sit down have a drink, talk about the game with friends, and then when I get to P1, I can almost always drive out with no issue.

Noise

Coach
Getting out of the stadium is easy, getting out of P1 that is a little harder, because without fail some special case goes back to his car and gets to the gates before realizing he hasn't paid, then all hell breaks loose.

That is why I love being a member of the stadium, I can go back to the members lounge, sit down have a drink, talk about the game with friends, and then when I get to P1, I can almost always drive out with no issue.

P3,4 and 5 is also a nightmare - walk out of the stadium , wait and line up for a bus to ur carpark, get on, get off, pay for parking then line up to get out of the car park. The place is a f**king nightmare

jono

Juniors
Happy to say it. 'Lay Down' Sowie is by far the biggest sook in the NRL. With Billy Slater still here that says a lot. Dragons fans must love a bloke who turns up to play in the last game if the season.
Yeah , he was hiding on the wing in defence as usual when he took that tap in from Burt for the intercept try . Our boys really downed tools after that one.

Springs

First Grade

I doubt that. As I said before, would those same people have left if we were winning or the game was in the balance? If so, I understand. But somehow I don't think they would have.

Kornstar

Coach
P3,4 and 5 is also a nightmare - walk out of the stadium , wait and line up for a bus to ur carpark, get on, get off, pay for parking then line up to get out of the car park. The place is a f**king nightmare

I parked in P3, stayed for the on field presentation, walked to P3 and drove out without issue. It was a ghost town at 9:05.

Why the hell would you line up to pay? Pre-pay at that place, it might cost you $4 more but it is worth it to walk straight to the car.

Was P4 and P3 in use on Sunday? I pre-book parking at P1 so I don't know. Had to park at P4 Saturday night for the Dogs game, because of a concert on a Allphones, the Giants at the showgrounds, and roller derby at the State Sports Centre. . . .but Olympic Park is a white elephant.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Why the hell would you line up to pay? Pre-pay at that place, it might cost you $4 more but it is worth it to walk straight to the car.

Was P4 and P3 in use on Sunday? I pre-book parking at P1 so I don't know. Had to Park at P4 Saturday night for the Dogs game, because of a Concert on a Allphones, the Giants at the Showgrounds, and Roller Derby at the State Sports Centre. . . . But Olympic Park is a white elephant.

Yeah I purchase P1 parking at Ticketek Westfields in the city. Cost is about $20 and you can buy the parking ticket weeks ahead if need be.

Kornstar

Coach

Was P4 and P3 in use on Sunday? I pre-book parking at P1 so I don't know. Had to park at P4 Saturday night for the Dogs game, because of a concert on a Allphones, the Giants at the showgrounds, and roller derby at the State Sports Centre. . . .but Olympic Park is a white elephant.

Yep $12 pre paid parking with Season Ticket!

richo74

Juniors
went to buy the stubbie holders at the bga shop on friday and none were available due to a shipment not arriving maybe this had something to do with the lack of shirts there

Eels Dude

Coach
went to buy the stubbie holders at the bga shop on friday and none were available due to a shipment not arriving maybe this had something to do with the lack of shirts there

Better planning needed then. There's no point in the shirts arriving now, they'll just end up having to sell them off for half price.

natheel

Coach

Yeh I parked in p4. Not a bad lineup to get out or pay after the match as everyone prepaid before

strider

Post Whore

so this suggests there will be more coming? .... i notice they are no long in hte online shop

bartman

Immortal
I wonder what they're going to do with the spare Hindy arses? I only saw one being worn/waved in the bay I was in...

Maybe some will be included in next season's ticketed members free merchandise :sarcasm:?

Latest posts