What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy and Burts last game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
according to the commentators it was his first, and the nose with eyes and his mates are never wrong so who knows ?

Joely01

Bench
So mixed emotions last night.

I didn't end up crying at all, I think because I was more angry then anything else, I was gutted that half tw team looked like they didn't give a rats out their last night. Seriously how can you not be up for Hindy and Burt's last game? That for me was very disrespectful. I hope Ricky really rips into them over pre season and teaches them a thing or 2 about pride and respect.

A quick side note, how many tackles did Hindy make? Seemed he was everywhere.

Joely01

Bench
Nice post Silverex.

I am happy for Hindy & Luke that they got a good send off. I can't say that I enjoyed the event as much as I would have at Parra. The atmosphere was pretty standard for ANZ (close to none) and that would have been 20 times better at Parra.

Loved the penalty goal at the end.

Casey Maguire was quietly dropped off the "retired list" and listening to 2MMM on the way home they said that it was Casey's last game in the NRL. So he's back off to ESL is he ?

I don't think it matters, he showed last night how hopeless he is.

Even if he stayed at the club I'd have him 4th in order for hookers:
1. MK
2. Smith ( though on the bench in a full strength side)
3. Roberts
4. McGuire

forward pass

Coach
Yeah and only 3 buses doing round trips to take people back to the club.....who would have thought? Clearly someone didn't because the last 200 people didn't get back to the club until about 10.30pm or so. Too bad if any of them had kids that needed to go to school this morning. Moving the game last minute wasn't putting the fans first and neither was the lack of buses.

The problem here was they did not declare this a 'special event'. This would have ensured the buses were ramped up.

Unfortunately, it turned in to a complete and utter schmozzle. I decided to catch the bus from Col Sutton park - why I will never know.

Waited forever, before and after the game ( I think they had 3 maybe four buses) and there is no parking at Col Sutton reserve anyway. Why was this chosen as the shuttle bus point? I could think of 20 more suitable spots than this suburban street. Very strange.

Noise

Coach
So mixed emotions last night.

I didn't end up crying at all, I think because I was more angry then anything else, I was gutted that half tw team looked like they didn't give a rats out their last night. Seriously how can you not be up for Hindy and Burt's last game? That for me was very disrespectful. I hope Ricky really rips into them over pre season and teaches them a thing or 2 about pride and respect.

A quick side note, how many tackles did Hindy make? Seemed he was everywhere.

I was pissed off too but going by the performance it seemed Burt also wasn't up for the game either

Delboy

First Grade
What I thought was sad, the Dragons basically directed their attack at our left side defence , not a surprise I guess

Dont like to say this , but their no 6 is an absolute merkin

barney gumble

Juniors
Whilst I think the way the move to ANZ was handled was very poor, at the end of the day around 20,000 extra Eels fans (me and my boy included) got to see two club legends retire in the flesh. The whole thing could and should have been handled a lot better.

Springs

First Grade
The cheer when Hindy's kick went over was itself worth the 14 hour round trip to go see the game. Although the performance was no good I didn't go to see them win, I went to see Hindmarsh and Burt play one last time.

The crowd (Eels section anyway) was awesome, apart from a few sooks who left with ten minutes to go. I really can't understand that, Hindy and Burt's last ten minutes in the NRL and you leave because we are losing.

Suitman

Post Whore
Another area where the club f**ked up massively last night were the merchandise stands. We parked in P1, and walked to the brewery for a quick beer.
Ouside the stadium we saw two St Merge merchandise stores and one Eels.
Inside the stadium, there were several Eels stores but the range of stuff was appaling and overpriced.
The guy I went with was going to buy each of his three kids a Hindy shirt, but at 40 bucks a pop said no thanks.
Wouldn't they be better off selling them at $20 and selling heaps of them, as opposed to pricing them at $40 and selling f**k all?
The kids also wanted Hindy bums, but the two stalls on the western side of the stadium sold out of those at about 5.30.
All in all, I saw about 5-6 items in each of the stands that were for sale.
It ain't rocket surgery.

Suity

Last edited:

superparra

Juniors
I really can't understand that, Hindy and Burt's last ten minutes in the NRL and you leave because we are losing.

I was disappointed with this too. I'm usually the first person to defend people that leave early, but I would've thought that for this game most people would've had more respect.

you would think they would be used to us losing by now god knows they have seen plenty of it

i only went to see off hindy and burt i wasnt even thinking of the game especially since we already had the spoon wrapped up win lose or draw

The Colonel

Immortal
Dont like to say this , but their no 6 is an absolute merkin

Happy to say it. 'Lay Down' Sowie is by far the biggest sook in the NRL. With Billy Slater still here that says a lot. Dragons fans must love a bloke who turns up to play in the last game if the season.

Noise

Coach
I was disappointed with this too. I'm usually the first person to defend people that leave early, but I would've thought that for this game most people would've had more respect.

I left early and so did fui fui, he was walking out the same time as me. I was more disappointed with burt's performance. I would have thought he had more self repect

Another area where the club f**ked up massively last night were the merchandise stands. We parked in P1, and walked to the brewery for a quick beer.
Ouside the stadium we saw two St Merge merchandise stores and one Eels.
Inside the stadium, there were several Eels stores but the range of stuff was appaling and overpriced.
The guy I went with was going to buy each of his three kids a Hindy shirt, but at 40 bucks a pop said no thanks.
Wouldn't they be better off selling them at $20 and selling heaps of them, as opposed to pricing them at $40 and selling f**k all?
The kids also wanted Hindy bums, but the two stalls on the western side of the stadium sold out of those at about 5.30.
All in all, I saw about 5-6 items in each of the stands that were for sale.
It ain't rocket surgery.

Suity

ASAIK the Merch stores inside ANZ Stadium are run by Rebel Sport.

strider

Post Whore
ASAIK the Merch stores inside ANZ Stadium are run by Rebel Sport.

i have no idea - but i find that exceptionally hard to believe ... i realise there is an actual rebel store on the eastern side, but on the west there were 2 stalls that are effectively just little simple sheds and they very much appear to have parra staff ..... perhaps you have to pay rebel to get the stall, but i find it hard to believe rebel run them

by the way - i was gonna buy a hindy tshirt, but at about 5pm when i asked the girl said they were sold out except 2XL and 3XL Burt ones ..... so if the stock had sold beofre the game then we can't be too harsh on them ... but yeah there wasn't much else on display

Gronk

Staff member
I left early and so did fui fui, he was walking out the same time as me. I was more disappointed with burt's performance. I would have thought he had more self repect

You should have asked him if he has signed on for another 2 years or not. Nobody else seems to know.

Latest posts