What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy's blog

eloquentEEL

First Grade
http://www.nathanhindmarsh.bigblog.com.au/index.do

some pretty funny stuff in there:

andrew ryan is my origin roommate. Lovely guy but i wish he would put some pants on when relaxing in the room.

I recently had a photo shoot for Alpha ahead of state of origin. It was a bit of a laugh. Myself, Matt King, john Thurston and Cameron Smith dressed up as ninjas.

i'd like to say i successfully channeled Bruce Lee or Michael Dudikoff for the shoot but if you have a look at the height of my high kick in the mag (shin high at best), i think you'll agree that i'm closer to the Beverley Hills Ninja.
will have to look out for that one

I was on NRL Deluxe last week as well... I got all pumped up to get in there and speak right down the barrel of the camera, then got the jitters when the cameras started rolling. Not my best effort, pretty useless actually. Hopefully I’ll get another go soon and improve a bit.

In other news my brother should be back in the lineup this week after he head butted Chris Armit’s teeth when we played the Bulldogs. He was in hospital with a bad case of head puff for a bit, looking like Sloth from The Goonies (‘Hey You Guys!’) but he’s alright now.

Archie’s had a good week, though, hanging out with some girls around the tea set (they’re the daughters of Luke Bert, Chad Robinson and Nathan Cayless).
ffs Hindy, it's not that hard to spell the 4 letter last name of one of the guys that's been lining up next to you for the last decade

My brother Ian kicked the winning field goal last week - a bonus for him. He can kick with both feet so he's definitely one of the options for FG attempts in tight spots.

i've been told that when he got his man of the match award that matt johns called him the second best player in his family. i''ll have to dig that replay up and check it out. funny stuff.

It was good to be back on the pitch with my brother as well. We sort of know what each other are doing in terms of holding opponents up to let the other one give him a nice shot but we're not exactly maestros in attack.

New coach Michael Hagan was pretty happy with my first game. He's been trying to get me to work on my attack a bit more and not be involved so much in defense but old habits die hard so i'll have to work on that.

I’ve just finished watching Dora the Explorer on Nick Jnr with Archie – top show. The little fella also has a brand new action figure of his old man. He can’t really play with it though – you can’t just take a collector’s item like that out of the plastic.

The likeness of the toy isn’t bad, but I think the head is a bit fat and swollen – not bad for a first effort, though.

Yesterday I went to a Winter fashion launch at Westfield with Nathan (check out the MMS post). Luke Bert and Ben Smith were modelling. Not a bad effort but they did go a bit red when they noticed that we were in the crowd.
again :fist:

somehow I can't imagine Ray Price writing this stuff... but appreciate it all the same

eloquentEEL

First Grade
they've got official NRL "action" figures of quite a few players. I haven't actually seen one in person, but get the impression that they don't actually have any moving parts... although after SBW's hit on Johns, the Footy Show "rearranged" SBW into the swinging arm position.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
here's Hindy:

1007845_1_113_1.jpg

you can see others here:
http://rebelsport.com.au/?action=list&category=2413

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Hindy: "The likeness of the toy isn’t bad, but I think the head is a bit fat and swollen – not bad for a first effort, though."

eloquentEEL

First Grade
yewww... that would involve actually opening that (what I assume to be trashy) thread and probably seeing a lot of posts I'd prefer not to read

Gronk

Staff member
Looking forward to Another baby

I never thought a dead rubber could be so exciting – but it was. The way we won the game, finishing over the top of the Maroons at the death was satisfying to say the least, and it answered the critics, especially some of those in the media who were quick to write obituaries for many of the Blues’ rep careers.

We went out and celebrated hard after the win, and everyone bar Noddy pulled up OK from the game.

Noddy and his injury has been a popular talking point in the papers, and while I know that Pricey wouldn’t deliberately try and injure someone, it’s now twice over a few years that he has hit a kicker in the legs and caused a serious injury.

I think now is the time for the NRL to have a close look at what happens when players dive low towards the kicker’s legs and do something about it!

We have the Knights on Monday night, and while I would have preferred to get the footy over and done with early in the weekend, it does give me a bit of a chance to rest up.

Gids reckons he is gonna take my head off, but not if I put a hit on him first!

The banter was flying during Origin camp, with Bedsy, Simmo and Gids taking advantage of their one-man advantage on Haynesy and myself, but they’re all good guys and I’m sure there will be a few laughs on the field.

Timana Tahu has been named for us, but I’m not sure he will be playing. For Timana to come back straight into the team is a huge call as Krisnan Inu has been on fire.

I don’t know if Zeb Taia is playing for the Knights, but it will be weird if he is. Just seeing him in a Knights jersey was weird, so playing him will be a strange experience.

I know some fans aren’t happy with mid-season player trades but that is the way of the future. League is a business these days and players have to look out for themselves.

We took Archie to the zoo for another ‘date’ with Mia Cayless; the kids had fun running round the place and Archie’s fave animals are the giraffes. A bit disappointed with the monkeys though – they were up to monkey business (inappropriate shenanigans).

Bonnie is due any day now and I look forward to the birth of my second child. I just hope she doesn’t go into labour on Monday night.

Latest posts