What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy's blog

Eelectrica

Referee
eloquentEEL said:
Can you imagine the 3rd generation player that Archie & Mia would produce?
Player agents are probably already trying to secure ... well something for the future until a signature can actually possible. :crazy:

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i wonder if the 2nd Hindmarsh baby will be named Rowdy like he wants!

Gronk

Staff member
Killer Overrated - No Chance

Been a bit of a controversial week this one, and while I don’t care too much what other people think, people who know me know I meant the Knights played the type of game that suited the conditions, not a boring one.

I can’t believe the uproar about it. Anyway that’s in the past now, time to move forward.

While it wasn’t good news for Luke Burt, it wasn’t as bad as it could have been. The minimum time out for Luke is six weeks and, if that is the case, we will be more than happy to have him back. The fact that his name was mentioned for Origin by a few people shows how well he was playing; add that to being the leading point scorer and it says a lot about the season he was having.

Luke is a terrific player, but I know Haynesy is itching to get to fullback and have a crack. He fancies himself as the custodian and with his ability to break the line I can’t blame him.

I just hope he scores a couple of 90m tries. I won’t be chasing him though. Expect me to be standing on the 10m line cheering him on from a distance!

Souths are not going to be easybeats. They gave the Storm a run for their money last week and have one of the best defences in the comp, as well as the ability to score some points. It’s a new South Sydney this year and my old mate JT is an astute coach, who will have them primed for this one.

Speaking of coaches, Freddy has the job ahead of him at the Roosters. Having said that if we were allowed to bet I’d be backing to boys from Bondi Junction this week as they take on the Ricky Stuart-coached Sharks.

I got asked about my stamina the other week, and I think for both myself and Ian it relates to genetics. Dad was a pretty handy footy player in his day, while mum really got into the rock climbing. I swear there is nothing in the water in Robbo… except fluoride!

“Rugby League Week” had their players’ poll this week and I couldn’t believe that Killer got most overrated. Most players say they don’t want to answer that question, before being led on a tangent about ‘insert name has the most votes’, and then they will just say “yeah Jamie” or whoever has their name inserted. Killer doesn’t deserve that tag!

For the record I voted for my big mate Willie Mason!

Our second child still hasn’t arrived. The due date is the 18th and I reckon Bonnie can’t wait to give birth right now. I’ll be a very proud father for the second time now and can’t wait.

Hindy

Gronk

Staff member
Buster Hindmarsh

Bonnie gave birth to Buster Hindmarsh last night. They're doing well, and Archie now has a little brother. It's pretty busy right now, so I'll write more next week.

Hindy

NT_Eelsfan

Juniors
“Rugby League Week” had their players’ poll this week and I couldn’t believe that Killer got most overrated. Most players say they don’t want to answer that question, before being led on a tangent about ‘insert name has the most votes’, and then they will just say “yeah Jamie” or whoever has their name inserted. Killer doesn’t deserve that tag!

For the record I voted for my big mate Willie Mason!

bahahaha

carson

Juniors
Interesting polling technique being used, such and such has the most votes, yeah he will do. Sounds like RLW is using the poll to push their own views and agendas, I wonder how many other questions they do this for? Worst ref, most disliked coach, biggest sook etc.

Sounds like the players are just doing what we all do when we get someone annoying us for a survey, saying the easisest things to get the person doing the poll the hell away from you.

Puts a great big question mark over credibility of RLW if you ask me!!

Suitman

Post Whore
carson said:
Interesting polling technique being used, such and such has the most votes, yeah he will do. Sounds like RLW is using the poll to push their own views and agendas, I wonder how many other questions they do this for? Worst ref, most disliked coach, biggest sook etc.

Sounds like the players are just doing what we all do when we get someone annoying us for a survey, saying the easisest things to get the person doing the poll the hell away from you.

Puts a great big question mark over credibility of RLW if you ask me!!

People who ring up doing a survey never even get to the first question with me.

Suity

parra pete

Referee
Looking forward to Another baby

I never thought a dead rubber could be so exciting – but it was.

That's not the cause of the baby surely....

Suitman

Post Whore
parra pete said:
Looking forward to Another baby

I never thought a dead rubber could be so exciting – but it was.

That's not the cause of the baby surely....

pete,

You're on fire lately!! :lol:

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
Happy with our new addition

I was disappointed after last night’s game, I thought we should have won by 20, but we dropped off and let the Broncos back into it. A win is a win, but I told the boys that if we do that against teams like Manly and the Bulldogs then we could be up against it.

Ian played very well last night and won the player’s player award. We don’t have the rivalry we used to, so I’ll say that it was great to see my bro play so well.

His form has left Hages with a welcome conundrum, whether to start Ian or Chad Robinson, though I don’t think it’s a problem Hages minds having!

On the flip side I thought big Tonie Carroll had a good game for the Broncos, especially in the second half when he got more of the ball, and used it well putting the likes of Sam Thaiday through gaps or through Haynesy.

I don’t know what the criticism is about. Haynesy’s eyes looked glassy and he was suffering; different guys take head knocks differently.

This week we have the Sea Eagles. It’s a huge game which will be fuelled more by the desire of Parra fans to give Jamie Lyon a hard time. I don’t think too many have forgiven Killer for the way he left the club, but he will laugh it off and focus on footy.

We have to focus on the whole team. Manly are good all over the park, and go about their business quietly and without the hype of other clubs, but their position on the ladder doesn’t lie. They are a top-notch footy team.

If we do beat them we can look forward to a four-point break over fourth, with the Tigers and Cowboys playing each other.

Personally, I look forward to renewing hostilities with Steven “The Beaver” Menzies, we’re both one-club players and have had some good battles. I would have liked to score as many tries as The Beaver though. Freak!

Thanks for all the well wishes relating to Buster. Bonnie, myself, Archie and Buster are doing great. So far he is a quiet baby (touch wood) who hasn’t given much trouble.

Archie hasn’t been bothered too much either. He usually just does his own thing, which is great, and it’s the same even though he has a little brother around.

Hindy

Gronk

Staff member
Biting and the Bandaged Bear Cup

I thought a good game was overshadowed by a pretty average act on Friday night and I’m happy I wasn’t directly involved in the incident. I guess Brad Morrin is looking at a lengthy suspension based on the TV footage.

I am also aware I dropped a few expletives out there when I was talking to the referee. Simply put, we forget the referee is miked up and it is hard to contain emotion on the field. Perhaps Channel 9 should do something about what is heard from the players.

Overall, I was stoked to win the inaugural “Bandaged Bear Cup”; it’s something we want to develop over the next few years and make it a pre-season fixture in the mould of The Charity Shield. It’s nice to win some silverware. Though the big one in October is obviously the one we are aiming for. Hages has said Luke Burt will be straight back in when he is fit, but it’s going to be hard when it comes to who to replace. The whole backline is in form and if I was Hages I would hand off the dirty work to the assistant coach. Having to make those decisions is why I wouldn’t want to be a coach!

As I mentioned earlier I was going bowling on Saturday night for a 30th, but thanks to Andrew Ryan and a few more beers than I thought I had on Saturday arvo, my bowling wasn’t really up to scratch. Bonnie was doing well till she hit her ankle with a ball, so neither of us performed that well.

We went to a christening and a BBQ on Sunday arvo, which is one thing I like about the summer months -- plenty of BBQs -- but until then I’ll be looking forward to plenty of footy.

This week we play the Sharks who showed again last night that despite their position on the ladder they can be a force to be reckoned with. They took the Storm to the limit and hopefully we will all be switched on for a big game . I don’t mind Saturday night games, but I really like the 5:30 ones because they give you more time to get home at a reasonable hour.

This leads into the Grand Final debate. I think daytime would be better from a fan’s perspective, but as a guy who doesn’t do too well in the heat I hope it stays at night for the players’ sake.

Quick answer to a question is I never liked the Dragons, Tigers or to a lesser extent the Eels when I was growing up. I hated the Tigers jersey, the Dragons were too successful for my liking and the rest of the family were Eels supporters. I was actually a Bulldogs fan, but I love Parra now and always will.

The kids are doing well, well sort of. Buster is keeping Bonnie occupied, and allowing me to fine tune my skills at Guitar Hero, while Archie is a little sick at the moment, which is kind of nice as he can be a bit of a sook and actually wants a cuddle for a change.

He’s not into footy yet, more Tonka trucks and soccer, which means my new plan is to train him up and taker him to Man U at nine years old. Ha, just kidding.

Catch ya - Hindy

Gronk

Staff member
So, so close

We were unlucky to lose to the Storm last weekend, but we have now shown we can compete at the same level as teams like Melbourne and Manly. The only difference on the weekend was that Guru got stopped over the line, which was just one of those things.

It’s funny how plenty of people comment on Eric and how strong and angry he looks out there, and put it this way I wouldn’t want to tackle him, but for a guy who doesn’t like the weights he is pretty strong and an angry runner!

Last night all the players were presented with medallions and ties with their number on them (by number I mean the number player they were to reach first grade). Number one was the 1947 captain and the last was Weller Hauraki. My number is 595 which means there were plenty before me.

This week we take on a Dragons’ side playing for nothing but pride … which makes them a very dangerous team. I was hoping we could go down there and put plenty of points on a disheartened side, but I think they will fire up for the full 80 minutes.

By the time the game comes around we will have waited nine days to play it, and while I am enjoying the long break, I know once the weekend is here I will be itching to get out there. Monday night footy is hard in that respect. I’d rather play than sit around all weekend waiting.

I couldn’t believe what I read in the paper yesterday; Souths must have been dreaming if the thought Wests Tigers would move that match from Leichhardt Oval. The Tiges have a great advantage there and the ground is an awesome place to watch footy. It was such an unbelievable request, I know if it was a Parra home game we wouldn’t move, and I reckon the Tigers have done the right thing by their club and fans.

Off the field, I took Bonnie and the kids down to Robbo at the weekend. And on the way down Bonnie duly noted it was raining, as it does every time we go there. It was good fun though; I put Archie on the front of the bike and drove him around before heading the local establishment for a few ales with some mates I hadn’t seen in a while.

If you have looked at my MMS page you’ll notice Archie likes textas. Well, he is now banned because it took forever to get that off. It was funny because two days later our strength and conditioning coach Hayden Knowles asked me if I let Archie loose in his place. Apparently his little boy Bailey enjoys drawing on the walls as well, and did a similar job.

Hope to see plenty of Parra fans at WIN Stadium on Monday

Hindy

Hellsy

Immortal
Funny how the team think so highly of Eric but certain others don't isn' it???

I know who Id trust.....

Latest posts