What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy's blog

Gronk

Staff member
Fathers' Day fun

If I looked annoyed on Monday night, I was.

Losing games we should win makes me angry and it’s starting to grate at me a little bit. We went away from our game plan and played as individuals, which cost us.

Once again I made plenty of tackles but I’d like to cut that number in half and be more useful on the fringes with the ball, but I’ll do whatever is best for the team when I’m on the park.

I think Finchy really took the loss to heart but it wasn’t his fault. It’s a team game and we didn’t perform as one, so he should keep his chin up.

Ian is ok after a heavy hit from Chase Stanley’s knee. The stretcher and the brace were just precautionary and he will be good to go this weekend. It was a bit awkward -- he put his head in the wrong place -- but he’ll learn not to do it again soon.

We have the Broncos this week and I’m hoping we get a big crowd at Parra Stadium. The Broncos are playing for their finals’ lives and that means they will be dangerous, just like Tonie Carroll, and I won’t want to get a flat ball on the line. TC hurts when he hits you, so I recommend we all stay clear of him in attack.

Sunday is also Fathers’ Day and I’m like a kid at Christmas. I wonder if I get two presents? I saw a box in the back of Bonnie’s car so I’m sussing it out and I have a bit of an idea what I’m getting.

It’s funny, I used to snoop around when I was a kid, until one year I found my Chrissy presents and was caught in the act by my parents. I copped the mother of all sprays for it, but I guess it didn’t change me.

Todd: That’s a tough question. Luke was our best player before he got injured but who’s to say he would get back in the side? I guess when it comes down to it, maybe Krisnan could be the one to move, but at the same time I wouldn’t bet on it. Honestly, I have no idea what Hages would do.

With the finals just around the corner I should acknowledge South Sydney who have turned it around this year and done a tremendous job and deserve to be there.

There are a couple of teams I would like to avoid though, and they are the Warriors and Bulldogs, more because they can hurt you by scoring quick points. They’re physicality doesn’t bother me, just their ability to score quickly.

Hindy

strider

Post Whore
he said on the footy show that a ghost writer writes it - hindy just gives him photos and a few pointers on what he's been up to ... that spoils it :(

sportsmad

Juniors
strider said:
he said on the footy show that a ghost writer writes it - hindy just gives him photos and a few pointers on what he's been up to ... that spoils it :(

thanks Stride's, now u spoilt it for me too :(;-)

Gronk

Staff member
Relax guys. I also heard Hindy on ABC sport a few weeks back (talking about the blog) and Hindy said that he gives it to the "ghosty" in point form and he "converts it to english".:lol:

Hellsy

Immortal
Hindy said:
Losing games we should win makes me angry and it’s starting to grate at me a little bit. We went away from our game plan and played as individuals, which cost us.

Once again I made plenty of tackles but I’d like to cut that number in half and be more useful on the fringes with the ball, but I’ll do whatever is best for the team when I’m on the park.

I agree Hindy

sportsmad

Juniors
We went away from our game plan and played as individuals, which cost us.

so it is all Eric's fault :roll: :lol:

Gronk

Staff member
Keeping a level head

I want to start this blog by thanking the fans who voted for me to win my third Provan Summons Award last night. We have a good fan base at Parra and I reckon my votes must have come from a lot of them, so thanks for that.

I wasn’t surprised John Thurston won last night, I though he had it locked up when there were two rounds to go. The Tigers had been struggling and with his man of the match performance last week he looked a shoe-in.

Last week we had a good win and contrary to what many think I was happy, what I said was just my way of making sure everyone stays level-headed. We will be lucky to win that easily again.

I just don’t want the guys to get ahead of themselves because we have a hard game coming up on Friday night in sunny New Zealand.

I think last week could have been a different story if Nick Emmett didn’t bomb that try; it must have been a heartbreaker for him and the Broncos.

Ian bagged an early double in the game, but he is still three tries behind me on the list, and thank God for that one, he still hasn’t shut up about his field goal. Dead set that was the highlight of his career!

Tim Smith and Finchy both played really well last week. Smithy got his talk up, and that is when he plays his best, so I hope he keeps it up this week.

I’ve had plenty of questions about why Krisnan Inu smiles/smirks when he is about to kick a goal. Apparently it’s because he is about to score points on TV, which fits because he loves a media opportunity!

The whole team is excited but also nervous about the game in NZ, the Warriors are a very good team and while I’m looking forward to the battle I know it will be a very tough game, especially with the place sold out. I don’t know how much support we will have but any will be welcome. The best part is if we win we can watch the whole weekend unfold as we relax.

I think my buddy Cayless said we can have a real crack at the premiership and I agree. It’s certainly possible but we aren’t getting ahead of ourselves. Any team in the eight can win.

Hindy

Gronk

Staff member
Winning on my birthday

I had a better day than I expected on my birthday, not only did we win in the land of the very long white cloud but the boys bought me a cake and sang happy birthday to me when we got back into the sheds.

Wags had “Happy Birthday” on his iPod I don’t know why, I think that’s just Wags being himself. He’s a man for all occasions.

I was further spoilt by Bonnie, Buster, Archie and my family when I got home receiving a pair of Cons, a hardback book on the world’s best houses (I would live in any of them if given the chance), a National Geographic DVD on the Great White Shark, some lazer guns which are awesome; if you get shot in the pack you get a shock through the trigger, so there has been some snipering going on, and the 80’s version of Guitar Hero, and I am looking forward to playing some Poison!

I actually missed the kids a lot while I was over there, but it did enable me to get some rest, right now Archie is starting to speak a bit more and notice when I am gone, and Buster is unfortunately discovering what his lungs are for.

Anyway back to footy and while I was happy to win the game, it was one of those where the handling wasn’t great and a tight one, which we could have lost. Which means it’s heart attack stuff on the field.

Like any game there were some calls I wasn’t thrilled with, but that’s footy and at the end of the day they didn’t cost us the game, but you could guess which ones they were.

I think the SBW versus me approach to the game is a bit ridiculous but it’s just the media hyping it up. The team and myself have to worry about all of the Bulldogs, they have Luke Patten, El Masri, Tonga, and a forward pack full of internationals including Willie, Sonny Bill, Ogre, Bobcat and Reni Maitua.

They’re gonna be a handful and it’s the first time in a long time that hey have had all of those guys available.

We’re not too worried about Tim Smith getting targeted, he said he is big enough and ugly enough to look after himself, and he has been carrying that shoulder problem for a while, so we know he will be right.

I feel bad for Ben Smith, but it’s a one week injury. We just have to win so he can come back the following week against Melbourne. Joel Reddy comes in for us and he has plenty of first grade experience, so we know he will handle the step up.

I heard Timana say he wanted to win the comp for all of the older guys, and the mentality around the club is similar, we all want to win for each other, which is important, and in my case it would be really sweet to send Ian out with a premiership.

I also noticed there appears to be an issue made out of playing at Telstra Stadium, and while we would like to play at Parramatta, I don’t think Telstra is a home ground for anyone, even the Bulldogs, besides we get to play in front of 50 000 people and that is a huge experience for the players.

Hindy

Gronk

Staff member
Just two more wins

Well it’s getting to the very pointy end of the season now, and it’s a simple equation: if we win it’s grand final time, if we don’t we’re gone. But you all knew that anyway.

I was happy with the performance on Saturday night from the young guys and particularly from Cayless, Ian and Fui Fui. I think a lot of people gave us little chance and thought we would get steamrolled, and I can’t lie, there were a few relieved faces when Sonny Bill went up the tunnel.

We were feeling pretty confident once Finchy kicked the field goal, it gave us a good mental edge, and knowing he can kick them in a tight spot is an advantage if the game is close.

We will be the underdogs again, and while it takes the public pressure off, we still put pressure on ourselves to make the grand final. I know I’m already uncharacteristically excited about this game.

It’s funny, we’ve now beaten the two teams I publicly declared I feared and now we face the team everyone seems to fear -- and they are a good unit -- but I believe we can get the job done.

The Storm may have not been beaten at home since the dawn of time, but that doesn’t bother us and we know we are in with a real chance against them. Having said that, they have been the best team in the comp all year and are injury free.

We really have to watch out for Billy Slater, Greg Inglis, Cooper Cronk and of course Cam Smith. If I was to nominate the guys who can win the game for us I would say Haynesy, Finchy and Timmy Smith, who have all stood up to be counted in recent weeks. Finchy and Timmy are talking a lot and running the ball a bit, while Haynesy is just being Haynesy!

I reckon Inglis is more dangerous at 5/8 because he gets the ball more; his passing game probably hasn’t peaked yet, but his running is what we all have to be wary of.

The Storm don’t have a flashy pack, but neither do we and it’s only Cayless and I that have played for our countries recently, not that I think it’s an edge, but we do have more experience.

It was good to see it’s the CEOs firing things up in the paper for a change. Fitzy doesn’t mind a bit of verbal, and it takes the pressure off us from doing it, which is probably a good thing.

Personally I don’t notice if the field is bigger or smaller at all.

Off the field Buster is starting to smile a little bit which is cool, but he’s a huge baby, if he and Archie had been twins I know who would have got all the food.

I’ve been hammering out 80s Guitar Hero in career mode and have had a couple of five-star performances, but I’ve only attempted the easy level.

Hindy

Latest posts