What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

History still being made - milestones

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Players History page has been updated to include round 7 and the Aust v ROW Test.

http://f7s.leagueunlimited.com/history_players.php

All the first class games are tallied up, and a few milestones have been set:

LeagueNut (Panthers): Half Century :clap:
madunit (Panthers): Half Century :clap:
The Piper (Panthers): Half Century :clap:
Pistol (Marauders): 40 games :thumn
Griffo346 (Cougars): 30 games :thumn

Last edited:

Titanic

First Grade
Admittedly, I was trawling through the player records just last week and was astonished at Willow's longevity, my point being that together with this latest batch of diehards all of the greats are still active (yes ye olde Pistola, a bit of marauding here and some rotw there, keeps you in with that lot) allowing new players to learn from the very best.

Hats off to you, one & all.

Definitely Titanic, I am looking forward to seeing Willow's 90th come in place (however there is a chance it'll be against Easts).
And Titanic, even though you're still fairly new to it, you're quickly turning into one of those "very best" you mentioned, hitting near 30 yourself there mate.

And it's great to see all of these statistics come into play, easily worthy of applause. A great thing that we are able to do in this competition!
Round 8 continues this trend of big things too, so if people don't mind:

Azkatro
Not only did he post his 60th last week against the Roosters (an absolute gem of an article) he also became the first Panther to submit 40 articles for the side, and just the third person (behind Willow and EloquentEEL) to submit 40 articles for a single club.
The Piper
Everything in milestones is happening with Penrith! Piper became the seventh member of the half century club (with yet another gem) against the Roosters.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Prior to the last Round, Panthers players make up a large number of the most experienced players

Most matches
Willow (Newtown) - 89
Azkatro (Panthers) - 59
eloquentEEL (Eels) - 56
madunit (Panthers) - 51
LeagueNut (Panthers) - 50
The Piper (Panthers) - 49
Jesbass (Warriors) - 46
bartman (Eels) - 44
Big Mick (Panthers) - 44
Pistol rounds out the top 10 with 40 appearances

Other Panthers with double figures -
[furrycat] with 35 (17th on the list)
broncoman with 34 (19th on the list)
glockers with 16 (66th on the list)

A very experienced squad indeed! And you look how different the two squads were for the last match:

Panthers had 211 games experience up against 44 from the Roosters. A great match still indeed.

Also, just on a personal club note, I would like to congratulate Monk for scoring the equal second highest score in the club history.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Wow, I have played for three clubs and a total of 7 games.

Don't know how you guys and gals do it, well played.

Still love this

cards_sharks.jpg

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
A very sober and responsible Mr Angry there making sure the rest of us drunken loons didn't go astray

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
That pic is back when unit was single and about 10kgs lighter lol.

I've had a haircut since then too

Jesbass

First Grade
Prior to the last Round, Panthers players make up a large number of the most experienced players

Most matches
Willow (Newtown) - 89
Azkatro (Panthers) - 59
eloquentEEL (Eels) - 56
madunit (Panthers) - 51
LeagueNut (Panthers) - 50
The Piper (Panthers) - 49
Jesbass (Warriors) - 46
bartman (Eels) - 44
Big Mick (Panthers) - 44
Pistol rounds out the top 10 with 40 appearances

Other Panthers with double figures -
[furrycat] with 35 (17th on the list)
broncoman with 34 (19th on the list)
glockers with 16 (66th on the list)

Remember the fearsome days of internationals with 7 a side and 3 on the bench? Crackers like this one: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=169514

Imagine a side that fielded those top 10 in order of experience! A starting side with 400 games under the belt, and a bench with 128 matches of wisdom to draw on!

bartman

Immortal
Crikey, I can't remember pumping out over 40 of these 750 word efforts... makes me suddenly feel quite old :lol:.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
A very sober and responsible Mr Angry there making sure the rest of us drunken loons didn't go astray
I look the same.

Still got me shark glow in the dark t-shirt for game days.

Still remember many things from that night, mullet dancing, coolum on guitar, ron jeremy critiquing, reefy, well being reefy.

Madunit you ranga you!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ahh the memories, I spent most of the night bailed up by a socially excited Frenzy lol

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Piper became the seventh member of the half century club (with yet another gem) against the Roosters.
That threw me, so I did a recount (up to round 7) and found that The Piper is indeed another member of the half century club.

Players history page has been updated.

Top post of this thread has been edited. It's Panthers tri-fecta. :clap:

Latest posts