What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ho Hum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tiger

Juniors
Mate, at least we have a long and proud history we can delve into. We didn't have to merge with another sh*t team to survive.

Where the f**k would you be if russel wasn't stupid enough to prop up a useless team like the disease spreading, parasite infested, vermin, feral rabbitohs.

The Rosco

Bench
Mate, at least we have a long and proud history we can delve into. We didn't have to merge with another sh*t team to survive.

Short memory there sammy . . .
Your team had to take to the streets and beg like a dog.
You enlisted every 2 bob whore, lemon and bleeding heart to help your cause. And for what ?
The pubs and shelters were emptied to show allegiance to the pride of the league :lol:.
Folks who didn't know the shape of a footy were enlisted to the rally with the promise of a bit part in rusty's new movie.
You now wallow about like an impotent nephew and beg and sponge off uncle rusty.

" Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees "

As far as history to delve into . . . I don't know how to break this to you, sport, but we don't need to delve. T'was only 5 years ago.
You got a LOT of dust on them trophies of yours, bucko !.

boo_boo

Juniors
Short memory there sammy . . .
Your team had to take to the streets and beg like a dog.
You enlisted every 2 bob whore, lemon and bleeding heart to help your cause. And for what ?
The pubs and shelters were emptied to show allegiance to the pride of the league :lol:.
Folks who didn't know the shape of a footy were enlisted to the rally with the promise of a bit part in rusty's new movie.
You now wallow about like an impotent nephew and beg and sponge off uncle rusty.

" Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees "

As far as history to delve into . . . I don't know how to break this to you, sport, but we don't need to delve. T'was only 5 years ago.
You got a LOT of dust on them trophies of yours, bucko !.

What a foolish, long winded, pissweak attempt to show that you rely on nothing but ignorance & pettiness to get your point across.
The history of the SSDRLFC is steeped in tradition & honour & that encompasses everything that any club could hope to achieve in it's lifetime.
Yes there were days when we were not going to well, yes there were times when we couldn't win a match & yes there were dark days when our future didn't look to good.
However what our club has achieved is nothing short of inspirational & we achieved this by never compromising our position as a stand alone club.
The St George of old respected Souths & visa versa but to read what you have stated just reminds me that we set the benchmark for other clubs to follow.
So Roscoe if jealousy is not in your intentions then i suggest you check the real facts of our clubs history & maybe then you will see just how much your clubs deeds falls into insignificance when compared to ours.
And finally our trophys are safe & we dont need to sell them to other clubs to justify our existence.

jackb

Juniors
You are 100% correct Boo. I am older than many on this forum and my memories go back a long way. Some fool questioned our title as the "pride of the league" after we had a bad loss in a match this year. As if our pride is based on one game or one season and on field success is the only gauge. I wonder how some of these fly by nighters would back up season after season and take pride in their club if it was around 40 years since their last triumph? I am still here and still proud!

I have ridden the highlights from the mid 60s to the early 70s then seen the dramatic drop as we were nearly broke and all our best players were poached by other clubs - mainly by easts and manly, the soddom and gommora of the NRL. As a schoolboy I remember taking a bus from home to manly wharf, then ferry to circulay quay, then train to Redfern and walking to the club to buy a "Save Souths" badge from Mike Cleary. I think it was 1973 or 1974 and we were on our knees but still proud and we never gave up.

As for next season, I will be there at every home game and a couple of away matches to cheer our boys on. If we win then fantastic, if we lose then sad. My devotion to the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs will follow me to the grave and I will always be proud of my club.

boo_boo

Juniors
That's exactly right Jack.
Us die-hard Rabbitohs will always support the club no matter what.
Like you, my love for Souths is unquestionable & can never be compromised.

EvolutionUber

Juniors
IMO we should seriously consider dropping the "Souths" and picking up a sponsors name such as the iLeague Rabbitohs. That way we'll make more money out of sponsorship, make non South Sydney resident no longer feel excluded from the team, and bring in some apple fans. Maybe even having some more games in other bits of the country.

adamkungl

Immortal
Even as an Easts fan I find this disgusting. Terrible idea.

non-Souths residents feeling excluded is a laughable comment. Millions of people around the world follow sporting clubs outside their area.

boo_boo

Juniors
IMO we should seriously consider dropping the "Souths" and picking up a sponsors name such as the iLeague Rabbitohs. That way we'll make more money out of sponsorship, make non South Sydney resident no longer feel excluded from the team, and bring in some apple fans. Maybe even having some more games in other bits of the country.

This is definately a gee up.

hunters

Juniors
You just lost all rights to say "we". The South Sydney Rabbitohs is one of the most marketable brands in Australian sport.

Ttime

Juniors

idiot

I am fan of Souths, Cowboys and Roosters(this finals series).

Souths aren't in there bud.......neither are the Cowgirls. (South Sydney Jnrs don't count based on your support of the other two).

So you're a Roosters fans then. Filthy that you should mention Rabbitohs and Roosters in the same breath.

EvolutionUber

Juniors
Souths aren't in there bud.......neither are the Cowgirls. (South Sydney Jnrs don't count based on your support of the other two).

So you're a Roosters fans then. Filthy that you should mention Rabbitohs and Roosters in the same breath.

I know a lot of Souths fans that are going for Roosters this finals series.

Status
Not open for further replies.