What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#Home-ground dilemma as Eels look to move Nathn Hindmarsh's farewell to ANZ Stadium

oldmancraigy

Coach
It's not a bad thing to do the right thing by Hindy, but think of the members who might be pissed off about moving the game, and the potential for those members to consider not renewing next year because of it.

Members who have seen the membership department go down hill. This might be the final straw for them.

If that's the case they are myopic idiots. We're better off without them as members!

No reason not to accomodate the largest possible number of fans. We will definitely get more than 20k at the game, I'd be surprised if it's less than 40k.

Gronk

Staff member
For starters the Dogs traditional home ground is Belmore. They play out of ANZ because they can't play where they want to because the ground isn't at the standard the NRL want. I am sure they would prefer Belmore but the crowd they got may have lessened the impact.
Well they haven't played there since 1998 and will never return. What was your point again ?

And while I understand the issues behind ANZ and the tradition view I am more than happy to see a huge crowd see off a bloke that had not only played a big part for Parra but the NRL as well. Open the gates and let everyone in.
Yep fine, I am not going to argue with that, it's all about Hindy. I'm 100% on that. The bottom line is that needs to happen at home, not the sterile wind tunnel that is ANZ Stadium.

Having Hindy's farewell at ANZ is like having your grandmother's funeral service at Westfields, rather than her favourite church.

#boo

EelsFan05

Bench
well they haven't played there since 1998 and will never return. What was your point again ?

Yep fine, i am not going to argue with that, it's all about hindy. I'm 100% on that. The bottom line is that needs to happen at home, not the sterile wind tunnel that is anz stadium.

Having hindy's farewell at anz is like having your grandmother's funeral service at westfields, rather than her favourite church.

#boo

Suitman

Post Whore
That's fine if you guys think that.
Just don't undertsand why we would want to lock out x number of extra fans who may well then become future members.
And Gronk, the Grand mother/Westfield analogy was f**king hopeless. :cool:

Suity

strider

Post Whore
Well they haven't played there since 1998 and will never return. What was your point again ?

Yep fine, I am not going to argue with that, it's all about Hindy. I'm 100% on that. The bottom line is that needs to happen at home, not the sterile wind tunnel that is ANZ Stadium.

Having Hindy's farewell at ANZ is like having your grandmother's funeral service at Westfields, rather than her favourite church.

#boo

but if your gran loved to shop til she dropped maybe she'd love it

the biggest problem I see with ANZ is that poor Hindy will have to take longer to do a lap of honour

strider

Post Whore
Just don't undertsand why we would want to lock out x number of extra fans who may well then become future members.

Suity

:lol: :lol: .... it's true .... it's quite possibly the worst analogy EVER!!! :lol:

Gronk

Staff member

Suity

F**k the bandwagoners. All those 70,000 pricks that turned up at the semi vs Dogs in 2009 and then dropped us like a hot potato in 2010 when we returned to our usual crapiness.

AND it was a good analogy. Parra Stadium is the spritual home of the Eels and one of our main clergy are retiring.

#boo

Suitman

Post Whore
F**k the bandwagoners. All those 70,000 pricks that turned up at the semi vs Dogs in 2009 and then dropped us like a hot potato in 2010 when we returned to our usual crapiness.

AND it was a good analogy. Parra Stadium is the spritual home of the Eels and one of our main clergy are retiring.

#boo

So, you're happy to lock out any Eels fans who don't have a season ticket?

Goodonya. :roll:

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
So, you're happy to lock out any Eels fans who don't have a season ticket?

Goodonya. :roll:

Suity

You can't always fit every mourner inside the church. Yes it will suck for some, but they can say goodbye at the game before at ANZ vs Souths.

Suitman

Post Whore
You can't always fit every mourner inside the church. Yes it will suck for some, but they can say goodbye at the game before at ANZ vs Souths.

If that's the way you feel, I respect your opinion.
I just happen to disagree.
What about fans of other clubs who want to send a legend out?
Come on Gronk, this ain't about your hatred of ANZ. It's about Hindy.

Suity

Maroubra Eel

Coach

Nah it doesn't work. That'd be like mourning for your grandmother at the church on the Sunday before she dies.

The game should be at Parra Stadium if that is what Hindy wants.

But no matter what, the game MUST be on a Sunday afternoon.