What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#Home-ground dilemma as Eels look to move Nathn Hindmarsh's farewell to ANZ Stadium

Gronk

Staff member
3 weeks before then.

Meh.

Suity

#boo
clapping.gif

Eels Dude

Coach
It's a good move. I doubt it will draw as much as Hazem's last game as let's not forget the Dogs were contending for the Minor Premiership in '09. But even if we get 30k that'd be a good effort and worth the move.

If you let all of the Dragons members and indeed all NRL club members in for free you will go a long way to getting 30K+. Would make it great if it was a Sunday afternoon game.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
So as a season ticket holder, would seating allocation be the same as the home games for Souths and Bulldogs?

Seats are no where near as good as the Cronin Stand.

I for one am disappointed its been moved to ANZ, Parramatta Stadium has always been the home ground for Hindmarsh and has some great moments at this ground, but if they can get over 40,000 it would be great.

Anyway this game should be a Sunday.

EelsFan05

Bench
I rang the club about my already purchased tickets. They said if there is a change then it's not their problem ill have to sort it with Ticketek... f**k. I hope they give away a heap of free tickets as well, that wouldn't piss me off at all after buying over $150 in tickets.

Last edited:

beagle

Juniors
When I purchased my 2 ticketed memberships, it was for 10 home games at Parramatta Stadium and for 2 games at that shithole ANZ.

Can anyone point me to a special clause in the membership packages which states that home games may or can be moved? If there is one, fair enough.

beagle

Juniors
I rang the club about my already purchased ticket. They said if there is a change then it's not their problem ill have to sort it with Ticketek... f**k. I hope they give away a heap of free tickets as well, that wouldn't piss me off at all after buying over $150 in tickets.

Sadly, that's typical of the way the club has treated their supporters this year.

Suitman

Post Whore
Sadly, that's typical of the way the club has treated their supporters this year.

I agree we have gone down hill in the membership department but the club is actually trying to do the right thing by Hindy by giving as many supporters as possible a chance to farewell a club legend.
Why should this be seen as a bad thing?

Suity

beagle

Juniors
I agree we have gone down hill in the membership department but the club is actually trying to do the right thing by Hindy by giving as many supporters as possible a chance to farewell a club legend.

Suity

It's not a bad thing to do the right thing by Hindy, but think of the members who might be pissed off about moving the game, and the potential for those members to consider not renewing next year because of it.

Members who have seen the membership department go down hill. This might be the final straw for them.

Suitman

Post Whore
It's not a bad thing to do the right thing by Hindy, but think of the members who might be pissed off about moving the game, and the potential for those members to consider not renewing next year because of it.

Members who have seen the membership department go down hill. This might be the final straw for them.

If members can't make a sacrifice for a club legend for one game in their life they can f**k off. That attitude just reeks of self interest.

Suity

SDM

First Grade
That is why we should have kept Kearney on for another season, it would have cleared out the deadwood in the membership base.

eels81236

Bench
Move it. Not only Parra fans will want to go but NRL fans in general. At minimum Hindy, Burt and Dean Young are retiring but potentially Hornby and/or Matt Cooper also. All have been great for Rugbly League and their clubs throughout their entire careers. As many fans as possible deserve to be able to see it live and the players deserve to play in front of as many fans as possible. It's a no brainer.

If a season ticket gained you entry to 12 games at Parra then give those who whine 1/12th of their money back. Then invite them not to renew next year. Be off with them.

Kornstar

Coach

Suity

Agreed, I fail to see the issue on this one ocassion.

He deserves a sell out tbh (at ANZ)

Suitman

Post Whore
Move it. Not only Parra fans will want to go but NRL fans in general. At minimum Hindy, Burt and Dean Young are retiring but potentially Hornby and/or Matt Cooper also. All have been great for Rugbly League and their clubs throughout their entire careers. As many fans as possible deserve to be able to see it live and the players deserve to play in front of as many fans as possible. It's a no brainer.

If a season ticket gained you entry to 12 games at Parra then give those who whine 1/12th of their money back. Then invite them not to renew next year. Be off with them.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned at how often you and I agree these days.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Sure, but the Dogs didn't "move" the game away from their traditional home ground for Hazem's final game.

I thought you of all people would have understood the significance of his final game being at Parra Stadium rather than the shit hole that is ANZ.

For starters the Dogs traditional home ground is Belmore. They play out of ANZ because they can't play where they want to because the ground isn't at the standard the NRL want. I am sure they would prefer Belmore but the crowd they got may have lessened the impact.

And while I understand the issues behind ANZ and the tradition view I am more than happy to see a huge crowd see off a bloke that had not only played a big part for Parra but the NRL as well. Open the gates and let everyone in.

IFR33K

Coach
That is why we should have kept Kearney on for another season, it would have cleared out the deadwood in the membership base.

FMD, you've become a cranky bastard lately.

Apart from my cousin, is there something or someone you are fond of.

Moving the game to homebush is the obvious choice. I'd expect crowds of 40k + to send Hindy out. Hopefully he goes out a winner.

SDM

First Grade
FMD, you've become a cranky bastard lately.

Apart from my cousin, is there something or someone you are fond of.

Moving the game to homebush is the obvious choice. I'd expect crowds of 40k + to send Hindy out. Hopefully he goes out a winner.

I like cheese.

Latest posts