What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#Home-ground dilemma as Eels look to move Nathn Hindmarsh's farewell to ANZ Stadium

mickdo

Coach
If Grandma decided that's where she wanted her funeral then she can have it there ffs.

They talk about whinging poms but I reckon we've got them covered.

Suitman

Post Whore
The game should be at Parra Stadium if that is what Hindy wants.

But no matter what, the game MUST be on a Sunday afternoon.

And if Hindy wants it at ANZ, that's where it should be and the supporters can please themselves.
You are right about the Sunday arvo game though. It's an absolute must.

Suity

born an eel

Bench
I didn't realise it had already sold out with all these fans so worried about missing out. Tickets have been available for a while with the Hindy and Burt special being sold.

As there were only 9000 there last week there must have been a lot of fans that went to ANZ by mistake and didn't get to see Hindy scoring what was probably his last try.

If bandwagoners come to realise that by buying a season ticket you will be assured of getting good seats at all home games and don't have to worry about sellouts, it should sell more memberships.

If bandwagoners come to realise that by buying a season ticket you will be assured of getting good seats at all home games and don't have to worry about sellouts, it should sell more memberships.

with our performance this year i dont think we have to worry about sellouts anytime soon

SDM

First Grade
Regardless of where the game is played, if we are losing with 20 minutes to go, I am walking out to beat the traffic.

Tony Bongo

Bench
As I said previously I would let Hindy (and now Burty as well) decide where they want to play their last game. If they are happy with ANZ then I am happy. Personally I would prefer to see them off at Parra Stadium but regardless of where they play I will be there.
The only issue is for the fans that have already bought tickets. If they can get a refund then I can't see a problem there either.

bartman

Immortal
As I said previously I would let Hindy (and now Burty as well) decide where they want to play their last game. If they are happy with ANZ then I am happy. Personally I would prefer to see them off at Parra Stadium but regardless of where they play I will be there.
The only issue is for the fans that have already bought tickets. If they can get a refund then I can't see a problem there either.
Agree, all sounds fair to me.

SDM

First Grade
I hope they still do, one is on the verge of being past it, and the other is 4 years gone.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
What if Hindy wants a farewell at Parramatta and Burt wants it at ANZ ?

( ANZ for Burt. He made his debut at ANZ (Stadium Australia) against the Dragons in front of 100,000+ crowd. Now his career has come the full circle, end it all at the same ground, against the same team, and while probably not the same crowd, hopefully the same result )

Gronk

Staff member
If Grandma decided that's where she wanted her funeral then she can have it there ffs.

They talk about whinging poms but I reckon we've got them covered.

What crap you talk. You make it sound unreasonable to have Parra's greatest modern son play his last game at his home ground.

#pullyaheadin

Suitman

Post Whore
What crap you talk. You make it sound unreasonable to have Parra's greatest modern son play his last game at his home ground.

#pullyaheadin

Why wouldn't he?
I think it's unreasonable that possibly 20 000 fans could be denied the opportunity to bid him farewell.

Suity

Personally, I prefer Parra stadium. Atmosphere would be amazing. And it kind of rewards the members for forking out hard earned cash for the year.