What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Homesick' Ben Hannant may quit Bulldogs

user_nat

Coach
Would be nice to have him back at Brisbane.

I can't see him leaving mid season. I also can't see the Bulldogs making him stick around when he doesn't want to, most clubs seem to be fine with early releases if the player really wants it.
So Hannant being in Titans/Broncos colours in 2011 seems possible.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
f**k hannant. I hope he doesnt come crawling back to us for a 3rd time then bail on us again. he can get f**ked, go to the titans.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I hope he stays with the Dogs.....

And ironhorse, what kind of compensation do the Dogs "deserve" if he gets released?

beads6

First Grade
I don't want Hannant back at the Broncos he walked away taking the money now he needs to learn his lesson.

broncos2011

Tell his wife to harden up. Though he probably wouldn't out her in public LOL.

Broncos have already got 2010 in the bag without Hannant.

ironhorse

Juniors
I hope he stays with the Dogs.....

And ironhorse, what kind of compensation do the Dogs "deserve" if he gets released?

I don't know dollar figures but it's pretty simple if a player removes himself from any club mid season or mid contract ,that club deserves something to at least adequately replace the player .. having a rival club simply pay the balance of contract money is ludicrous obviously and not enough.
It's like Hayne deciding he's not happy at parra and St George will take him in ..should the saints just pay the balance to parramatta and be done with it or does Parra deserve compensation beyond that ?..of course they would deserve more, either in money or player trades or NRL concessions or all i dont know .

ByRd

First Grade
I don't know dollar figures but it's pretty simple if a player removes himself from any club mid season or mid contract ,that club deserves something to at least adequately replace the player .. having a rival club simply pay the balance of contract money is ludicrous obviously and not enough.
It's like Hayne deciding he's not happy at parra and St George will take him in ..should the saints just pay the balance to parramatta and be done with it or does Parra deserve compensation beyond that ?..of course they would deserve more, either in money or player trades or NRL concessions or all i dont know .
Agreed 100%

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

And who pays this compensation? If Hannant wants out for 2011, and the Dogs release him, the Dogs have $XXXXXX to spend on a replacement or to upgrade current players contracts. IMO, thats compensation enough.

unless the dogs can get an equal replacement they should make him serve out his contract.

I dont agree with this idea that a player isnt going to perform well because he's made to stay somewhere he doesnt want to be. In the end doing that will only hurt hannant more than anyone , if he's poor over the next 2 years he's the one that going to pay when it comes to his next contract.

So unless you can get someone at least close to his ability tell him he's staying.