What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HONESTLY- where will your side finish in 2005

Spike

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Spike said:
Spike said:
1st....well in front of Newcastle thats for sure.

I wish we had players as good as you guys.

:-k hmmm I don't remember saying that. :evil:

:lol: LOL...hacked!

I know brook can more than likely be dismissed as her grammar is too good to be missing an apostrophe in "thats". That only leaves the yellow Manly supporter :p

v2

Juniors
4th

look at 2004 - had a few 50-50 decisions (and some a little more clear) gone our way.. we would have finished much higher.. don't get me wrong.. I'm not saying we were robbed etc etc (I did enough of that throughout last season) - but.. the only difference between "a genuine contender" and "better luck next year" is a decision here and there.. we have some great young players coming through.. we have great leadership from the more experienced.. I think we have as much chance at a premiership this season as any other team..

ByRd

First Grade
i think that 4th is a bit to high mate, be serious. the top 4 will be mad up of the dogs, roosters, panthers, dragons & theres still sides like the broncos, storm, cowboys who are also top 4 chances & dont forget the knights.

Tigerpete

Juniors
I'd say we'll finish anywhere between 7th and 10th. Thats my guess. Sure we should build on last season but we need to remember teams around us too have either improved or at least in the same position as us.

i think that 4th is a bit to high mate, be serious. the top 4 will be mad up of the dogs, roosters, panthers, dragons & theres still sides like the broncos, storm, cowboys who are also top 4 chances & dont forget the knights.

unless injuries strike

and dragons eh there so unpredictable i dunno how anyone can have them in there top 4 also Penrith lack a bit of depth this year they better have some damn good juniors
top 4 will be Roosters/Bulldogs/Parramatta and Brisbane

Broncos will more than likely be in the top 3 tigers will probley finish between 5-15 but it just too close i dont think there will be many points separating 5-15th

we had a better team last year and struggled to win one of the last three games to make the semis, we have a much worse team this year as we have bought nobody, flatout running anythin about 11th

the only teams we will beat on the ladder will be new zealand and souths
maybe the northern eagles, cronulla and newcastle, other than that who are we going to finish in front of?? is alright to say we ar going to improve, but who are we going to beat

smeghead

Bench
5th or 6th. We will play the Storm in the first week of the finals and give them a pasting.
Now I just have to wait and see if my crystal ball is faulty or not

Vicious

Bench
We will definately win the comp if Benji stays fit,if he`s injured for the finals series we`ll still win,just not by as many!!!

v2

Juniors
dog4life said:

the thing about predictions is that they're just that.. nothing more than a guess..

at the beginning of last season.. the warriors were a favourite to win the premiership (just behind the roosters) - and with only one more loss in their season.. and they would have taken the wooden spoon..

in 2003.. eels were a favourite to win and they didn't make the top 8..

I could go on and on about how the expected performers just didn't make it.. and I could do the same about how those teams that barely even rated on the tipsters sheets blew the competition away.. just imagine what last year might have been if the referee that ended the cowboys season had seen things the same way everybody else in australia did.. imagine if they had that one last shot at glory..

i know it's easy to hope.. i know it's also easy to stand and deliver when your team is already at the top (or at the bottom for that matter) - but one thing's for sure.. nothing is in written in stone.. sure.. the teams u noted are expected to make something of this season.. and those u omitted are expected to fade away week by week.. but the season has yet to be played.. and I'm not about to let somebody write my team off simply because they're the underdog..

Raiders Plight

Juniors
Vicious said:
We will definately win the comp if Benji stays fit,if he`s injured for the finals series we`ll still win,just not by as many!!!

i agree, i cant see anyone knocking the tigers over. :roll:

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Get a clue, Raiders Plight.

And Vicious, that's actually quite pessimistic for your standards. Shouldn't our SG Ball team win the NRL comp as well :p

NZtiger

Juniors
If Benji misses most of the season, we're gonna struggle...he's that spark in the pivot role we've been lacking for so many years now....
With Benji playing most of season = 7th or 8th
Without Benji = 11th or 12th

Fingers crossed! I know the opposition is gonna be targeting that damn shoulder when he comes back!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Benji is NOT the deciding factor on our season.

I think Benji is a great prospect, but he's far from being the X Factor in any team (except Souths maybe)

His kicking game is very poor, he only has a few options in attack thus far and his defence needs work. He needs to play a full season, possibly off the bench, to get into the run of things, because he sometimes looks a bit lost on the field.

All in all, I hope we can improve on last season, however I am a bit doubtful that we'll improve on 9th position by seasons end. By god I hope the boys and Tim Sheens proves me wrong though.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Top 8 teams

Penrith
Brisbane
Bulldogs
Roosters
Parramatta
Newcastle
Manly
Cronulla

These teams are all gonna be really close, the order is something I'm not too sure on:
Melbourne
Dragons
Tigers
Cowboys

Then this lot will also be close but who gets the spoon is anybody's guess.
Souths
Warriors
Canberra

lolesi

First Grade
tigers for last. you are the only team in the comp besides the raiders who have not gained any decent players.
and if someone says reick then you guys are in for more trouble then you realise.

Latest posts