What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooker exchange mars NRL final

dragonfan1

Juniors
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...9/hooker-exchange-mars-nrl-final/default.aspx

Allegations of a derogatory comment from St George Illawarra hooker Dean Young to Wests Tigers rival Robbie Farah marred the Dragons's NRL preliminary final win on Saturday night.
In an incident which is sure to be investigated by the NRL and take some of the gloss off grand final week, Young and Farah became involved in a heated exchange when the Dragons No.9 was held up over the tryline by Farah in the 20th minute at ANZ Stadium.
Referee Ben Cummins twice offered Farah the opportunity to make an official complaint on the field, offers the fired-up Tigers skipper declined.
Tensions continued to simmer until a scrum minutes later when the pair came together where Farah suggested the comments may have had a racial tone.
The NRL has been blighted by racial slurs in recent years with Cronulla's Paul Gallen fined and stripped of the club captaincy over a comment aimed at Dragons forward Mickey Paea last year.
Racial remarks made by former Test skipper Andrew Johns also cast a cloud over this year's State of Origin series.
The NRL match review committee will investigate the incident as part of their normal review process, with any action sure to disrupt the Dragons' build-up the next week's decider.

A real shame if this is true.

Minh

First Grade
What happens on the field stays on the field, but yes there's no room for racism in sport or in life in general, it must have been a brain snap if true because Dean Young is a very passionate player, he didn't start very well (forward pass and knock on) but he set up the Nightingale try well with the inside pass. Go the Mighty Dragons!!!

j0nesy

Bench
Not sure if its true or not but Deano better pull his head in and focus on his own game. He needs to be better than that in the final. He is a good player when he wants to be, and is an important member of th team.

40Twenty

Juniors
He looked him in the eye after being held up and said

"Get your Monobrow away from me Robbie"

Seriously, if all he called him was a Mediterranean Descendant, then someone get Farrah a can of harden the fk up.

DirtyHarry

Juniors
Things get said in the heat of the moment big deal. Storm in a tea cup.

Anyway why is Mediterranean Descendant any more offensive than pom. The media uses the word pom all the time & no one blinks an eye lid.

Seriously, who gives a sh!t what they say to each other on the field

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
If it can be proven that Dean Young is a racist scum of the earth type breed then he should be banned for a lengthy period and fined.

Don't understand the blame from Farah. Doesn't seem like the player to carry on after the game now. He'd be more upset for the next week that they left.

And if Young, or any player, missed a game, let alone a Grand Final, for calling a Mediterranean Descendant a Mediterranean Descendant, I'm not here

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Things get said in the heat of the moment big deal. Storm in a tea cup.

Anyway why is Mediterranean Descendant any more offensive than pom. The media uses the word pom all the time & no one blinks an eye lid.

Seriously, who gives a sh!t what they say to each other on the field

Maybe If I can chime in as a Pom? Pom refers to people of British origin. It's a term used in a nationality sense.

Mediterranean Descendant is a racial slur. Has nothing to do with nationality(As Farah is Australian).

Your comparison is moronic.

Mediterranean Descendant is not comparable with Pom. It's more comparable with terms like 'cracker' and 'honkey

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
If this forum reinstates one thing it's that Australians live up to the international stereotypes of being racists and bigots

You're all scumbags. Repulsive excuse for human beings. Should be ashamed of yourself.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Now there's a 70's insult "you fairy"! :lol:

I'm a pom too btw, & always got called a pomme bastard when I was a kid. Big deal.

Brother, are you geniused, or is it something you've been working on?

There is absolutely no comparison between an attack on your nationality and an attack on ones race, or ethnicity.

Call me a pom and I won't bat an eyelid. Call me a cracker and I'll crack you in the f**king skull.

The fact all of you can't seem to diffientiate between nationality and ethnicity is shocking.

Get an education broham

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
62960_1621642781856_1260040880_31745405_1755668_n.jpg

You ever stop and wonder why your nation is stereotyped as being filled with racists and bigots? get with the f**king times

Latest posts