What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooker exchange mars NRL final

Maybe If I can chime in as a Pom? Pom refers to people of British origin. It's a term used in a nationality sense.

Mediterranean Descendant is a racial slur. Has nothing to do with nationality(As Farah is Australian).

Your comparison is moronic.

Mediterranean Descendant is not comparable with Pom. It's more comparable with terms like 'cracker' and 'honkey

Yeah, and I would cry myself to sleep if I was called a cracker or honkey.

Harden up.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
hooker exchange?

i thought that was something only the bulldogs did?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
For someone so high and mighty you don't mind insulting people with a disability, do you brother?
RugbyH has also made at least one homophobic post and several racist posts. He is a bigot.

The attention seeker's posts are dripping with generalisations. Most notably in the NRL forum where he thinks all Saints fans feel the same way, even though some are sticking up for Farah, and some non-Dragons fans are saying Farah should harden up. RugbyH's dramatics extend to painting an entire fanbase with the same brush, thereby making him the scumbag for using important racial issues to push some petty anti-Dragons barrow.

And it's obvious that RugbyH has a great dislike for Australia and Australians. More bigotry.

Furthermore, he doesn't understand that 'Mediterranean Descendant' has a different meaning ever since the comedy TV show 'Mediterranean Descendants Out of Work' was aired, the show where (mainly) the Greek and Italian communities took ownership of the word. It's not a nice word, but it lost a lot of its sting years ago.

This is assuming RugbyH actually does live in the UK and isn't just lying.

Because 'Mediterranean Descendant' is more offensive in the UK (where the word was invented), RugbyH assumes that it holds the same level of offence in every other country in the world. This attitude of superiority, more than anything, highlights this hypocrite's bigotry and racism.

Btw, it has been alleged that Young said 'f**king Mediterranean Descendant', and Young has denied making the comment. The NRL investigated and could not find any audio to support the allegation. Furthermore, Farah has left it on the field, both he and Young shook hands afterwards. Plus the Wests Tigers club has dropped it. In short, Young has been exonerated.

So RugbyH, you can also add a belief in 'guilty until proven innocent' to your list of prejudices.

Divine

Bench
Martin Luther King needs evoking here.
He said if you're offended by a word shut yourself away and say it over and over to yourself until it loses its impact. Might be the longest 10 minutes of your life but worth it.
Move over and let the gentlemen do their thing!

Mediterranean Descendant would be a misnomer if applied to Farah. The man is clearly Lebanese.

If Dean Young said it I agree he should be punished... for his shocking ignorance of early 21st century Australian vernacular as it relates to various ethnic groups.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Mediterranean Descendant would be a misnomer if applied to Farah. The man is clearly Lebanese.

If Dean Young said it I agree he should be punished... for his shocking ignorance of early 21st century Australian vernacular as it relates to various ethnic groups.

Exactly, he is obviously a Kebab Muncher and not a Mediterranean Descendant.

Get your racial slurs right, Young.

Yours Sincerely,

Southernsaint (Skippy / Bog-trotter)

Saints Tragic

Juniors
If Dean Young called Robbie Farrah a Mediterranean Descendant he was probably correctly using the acronym - as it was originally intended.

Mediterranean Descendant was originally coined in the Middle East by Brits working on the Suez Canal- Western Oriental Gentleman.

It seems to have kept it's original meaning in Australia but seems to have become a more intensive insult in England.

to_ddeath

Coach
If only he took the same intensity of his jibes/attitude into his actual game playing & applied a bit of brains & commonsense, we may well have not had to play to the death to win that game the other night...

T.

corvettedragon

Juniors
baggers get a life. i am a "Mediterranean Descendant". who cares, Mediterranean Descendant, convict, pom, sheep shagger. if that that is enough to upset you, go play marbles. if it had to do with you religion or colour, i would understand. but really piss off farah and keep dreaming about your past glories sore loser. and to others, go and watch the grass grow on the rugby channel and leave us alone.

RedVDave

First Grade
THE NRL has reopened its racial vilification case against St George Illawarra's Dean Young.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal that the NRL wrote to St George Illawarra and Wests Tigers yesterday seeking additional information about Young allegedly calling Robbie Farah a "f ... ing Mediterranean Descendant" during their preliminary final clash last weekend.
The NRL match review committee could not obtain sufficient evidence to charge Young but NRL management yesterday moved to further investigate the claim.
If the NRL finds evidence of vilification, it is likely Young would be fined, not suspended.
"The first port of call for on-field matters is the match review committee however in incidents of this nature, there is also the potential for code of conduct implications," NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley said.
"We have written to both clubs requesting their version of events before we decide whether any action is required."
Farah has said he would not pursue the matter.

domstrama78

Juniors
I remember the first time I was ever called a Mediterranean Descendant in primary school I smiled only because I had no idea what the word was..... Mediterranean Descendant actually stands for Welcome Overseas Guest.