What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooper - back page

STG 002

First Grade
as much as we all hate eachother, the wrong teams merged.
sharks should've joined the steelers
dragons and dogs
manly and norths
easts and souths
Balmain and wests is now done but probably was a shit idea
parra takes enough land as does Penrith

DJShaksta

First Grade
dragons and dogs
manly and norths
easts and souths

Smartest post I've read in this thread.
We'd have been the Southern Sharks.

Quigs

Immortal
dragons and dogs
manly and norths
easts and souths

Farkkk dying, folding and then coming back as a merged entity.

unmerged.jpg

webShark

Farkkk dying, folding and then coming back as a merged entity.

unmerged.jpg

Merging probably no longer an option. Relocate and thats me done. Whatever Hooper said or whatever his agenda , being fined about 2m would cause us major damage.

Anyway Noyce says we are good for the 2 mill. So we can rest easy.

Last edited:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
There would be no conceivable reason to play a game out of kogarah ever again.

Haha.

Granted, it doesn't have the charm that using shipping containers for canteens adds to a ground, or a bessa block stand and 35 minute beer queues, but it does have a lot of recent work. Including a great new fence.

Anyway, its all going to be moot pretty soon, regardless of the Sharks situation. Will move towards a centralised stadium deal over the next 5 years.

Feej,

Natural attrition I would say, though the NRL would manage very carefully and not in any way the underhanded way Hooper has stated.

It will happen though, 100%. The NRL already bailed the Tigers out and now effectively run that club. Wests & Balmain essentially have to vote together at Board level, which has been THE issue as to why they are so dysfunctional. Even one dissenter and the NRL appointed chair gets the deciding vote, even if, in the case of 3 of the 4 Wests / Balmain directors agreeing. The NRL holds all the leverage via $$$. If it doesn't work out, the NRL will disolve the Board and do what they want with the FRANCHISE. The merger ceases to exist as an entity involving Wests or Balmain, other than in name.

They'll do the same with Cronulla. Saints are archaic and criyng poor. Parra give rabbles a bad name. Manly will have huge issues once their current crop of players eventually fades and the focus moves to off field issues.

Souths, Easts, Canterbury are all well run and well ahead of the pack of the above mentioned's, who are living in the Stone Age and in danger of having their fate removed from their control.

The new commission won't cop amateur, dysfunctional club operations (though it does have some house keeping of its own to do!) in the future. The game is being exposed by the amount of money now involved and at stake & the guys running the NRL are top line BUSINESS & MARKETING people. The brands of the clubs are valuable, but the clubs themselves are run by old fuddy duddies with no concept of whats happening around them.

As I said, natural attrition will come in to effect, though it will be carefully managed via PR & a strong marketing campaign.

It WILL happen. It HAS to happen.

Add to that, the Gold Coast are under the pump each year, so the NRL fully involved there.

The other is Melbourne a report was out only a month ago, they are struggling and if and when they fail to make finals for couple of years in a row there loss will increase 2/3 fold.

There is basically only 5-6 clubs who turn a profit that is it

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
That would be cruel to your shit. I wouldn't shit on the telegraph out of respect for my stool. The telegraph is lower than the worst grog bog I've ever shat out of my rancid, hungover, arsehole. Then, I wouldn't even put my sticky dot through having to be touched by the Tele, because the Tele doesn't deserve to be near anything as comparably high in standards as my grog bog destroyed, rancid, shitty poop chute.

Whose up for morning tea?

Some of your best work right there ronnie. Just on a side-note did you realise that our home crowds were about 10 % higher than your beloved dragons this year. First time in many years but the overall trend is even clearer. Sharks crowds up 30% over the past two years while the dragons have dropped by 30% in the same time. Factor in that our memberships have doubled in the last year alone and the impending development and life is good here at the Sharks. Could little brother be about to outgrow big brother?. If only we could jag some faarrking silverware!

Smirrors

Juniors
You come into a sharks forum and give your order for relocation?

Who gives a f**k??

What sort of a knob gobbling androtop are you??

Clearly you did enough to post.

Are you homophobic?

Don't like it, don't read it. No need to be a d-bag.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Well Miss Mirrors ive said it a few times and trust my source 100%. If the ARLC relocate a side they want one that is self serving and WE AINT IT. Now, on the other hand YOUR LOT ARE.. So, you're advice is good. You should think of the greater good of the game and hop on board the relocation train champion.

Latest posts