What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooper - back page

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Just heard Masoud on Pox. FMD, on the one hand they print shit that makes the whole thing look like a for gone conclusion, and then on TV starts talking about 1 maybe 2 team in Sydney needing to relocate because of bad crowd figures. As far as I know our crowd figures and memberships are all up this year. He then went on to mention we need to really wait and see the outcome of ASADA investigation before we know anything. Well clearly that is unless you have a newspaper in which case you can print whatever shit you want in the confines of the law and fugg any consequences. These guys seem to be back peddling and I hope someone from the ARLC gets on their back. If its true, and the science to support it just aint there imv, then why don't these hacks do what they suggest and wait until we know. The answer is plain and simple. This sensational shit is all about selling papers mid week during a somewhat lack lustre few days in sport. If the paper wasn't so course i'd use it in the shitter.

That would be cruel to your shit. I wouldn't shit on the telegraph out of respect for my stool. The telegraph is lower than the worst grog bog I've ever shat out of my rancid, hungover, arsehole. Then, I wouldn't even put my sticky dot through having to be touched by the Tele, because the Tele doesn't deserve to be near anything as comparably high in standards as my grog bog destroyed, rancid, shitty poop chute.

Whose up for morning tea?

Special K

Coach
You guys carrying on like bell ends online over this story made the decision to put this on the front page very easy for them.

I reckon Parramatta are about ripe for relocation. Board room in fighting, transit lounge for CEOs, Ricky Stuart could smell the pong and walked out.

I agree with Ronnie Dobbs that its another beat up designed to sell papers. Lucky I find out my footy and other news through other sources and don't need to even think about buying a paper.

Vin Fizz

Bench
You guys carrying on like bell ends online over this story made the decision to put this on the front page very easy for them.
Yeah you're right K and I almost hit submit on a post last night suggesting the article is being fed because of and by our passion and we shouldn't give it any air at all. But its just not enough of a protest to not read / buy the paper. Sometimes yah got vent your anger, but I do get your point.

Smirrors

Juniors
I reckon Parramatta are about ripe for relocation. Board room in fighting, transit lounge for CEOs, Ricky Stuart could smell the pong and walked out.

But the Eels have a rich history and actually have premierships to their name. Also the battle out west is a lot more important than down the south side of Sydney.

Honestly Cronulla is the only logical Sydney team to make the move north or as my preference, to Perth. I think a Sharks team in Perth would have a greater chance of retaining the current shire support base but also gain a whole state so its a Win/Win. I also can see other neutral people supporting them.

The new Sharks team could still draw talent from the Shire but ultimately the Shire would fall under the umbrella of a new Dragons team that would have the whole of Southern Sydney. A Perth team could draw talent from WA and SA alongside any of the lower grade Sharks team.

Feej

First Grade
Think about the real damage these f**ktards are doing. Even though it's just a speculative story, what about us trying to sign up sponsors? Players? Members? All would be thinking, "well, they may not be around in 2015, so why should I sign up?"

That's the *real* damage, and the NRL need to make a statement one way or the other.

runatme

Bench
But the Eels have a rich history and actually have premierships to their name. Also the battle out west is a lot more important than down the south side of Sydney.

Honestly Cronulla is the only logical Sydney team to make the move north or as my preference, to Perth. I think a Sharks team in Perth would have a greater chance of retaining the current shire support base but also gain a whole state so its a Win/Win. I also can see other neutral people supporting them.

The new Sharks team could still draw talent from the Shire but ultimately the Shire would fall under the umbrella of a new Dragons team that would have the whole of Southern Sydney. A Perth team could draw talent from WA and SA alongside any of the lower grade Sharks team.

The eels have premierships so the should never be relocated haha what a garbage statement

Feej

First Grade

Another "as long as it's not my team" brigade. So what happens when the Sharks are gone? Who's next? And if you don't think there'll be a concerted push to remove another team from Sydney, you're a f**kin' idiot.

The Dodger

First Grade
what I find funny is why is everyone concentrating on one club when it is the NRL as an organisation that should come under the microscope for its incompetency's?

Griffoshark66

First Grade

f**k off spoon man.

Smirrors

Juniors
Another "as long as it's not my team" brigade

Lol its the obvious reaction from a Sharks forum but if only you can take off your one-eyed Sharks glasses, you will see the bigger picture.

So what happens when the Sharks are gone? Who's next? And if you don't think there'll be a concerted push to remove another team from Sydney, you're a f**kin' idiot.

So when the Sharks move to Perth/QLD, and there is a need to move another team from Sydney, then the next best option will be selected. At this rate it probably wont happen for 5 years + after the Sharks move.

But I doubt anyone can rule out with 100% certainty that 2 clubs need to move out.

My order would be:
1. Sharks
2. Penrith/Parramatta or a merger of these clubs.

Maccas4177

Juniors
response from Noyce:

Sharks CEO Steve Noyce insists the club will not be forced to relocate.

"I know 100 per cent that the Sharks aren't going anywhere," Noyce told Triple M.

"I can't change what happened (in the past), but what I can do is assure all the supporters, sponsors and members and all those great people of the Shire that we're not going anywhere.

"Everyone else sees all the headlines but if you work there like I do you get excited about the future. Maybe we did too well this year. Maybe everyone wants to bring us down a notch.

"In adversity you stick together and you control the things that you can control. And what I can control is the long-term future of the Sharks in the Cronulla-Sutherland community playing at Remondis Stadium."

Mr. Sharky

Juniors
What's with all these Dragqueen trolls in our forum?

I know it sucks being the laughing stock of the league but there's no need to fling your shit on our side of the fence.

DJShaksta

First Grade
No cd relocate them to Perth call them the west coast sharks ill become a member just so I can get good seats for when the dragons come to town win win!!!!:D

Fugg off and take your trolling dragfag mates with you.

Hats off to Steve Noyce for his interview this morning.
And to Dave Smith also for his twitter statement.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Another "as long as it's not my team" brigade. So what happens when the Sharks are gone? Who's next? And if you don't think there'll be a concerted push to remove another team from Sydney, you're a f**kin' idiot.

Feej,

Natural attrition I would say, though the NRL would manage very carefully and not in any way the underhanded way Hooper has stated.

It will happen though, 100%. The NRL already bailed the Tigers out and now effectively run that club. Wests & Balmain essentially have to vote together at Board level, which has been THE issue as to why they are so dysfunctional. Even one dissenter and the NRL appointed chair gets the deciding vote, even if, in the case of 3 of the 4 Wests / Balmain directors agreeing. The NRL holds all the leverage via $$$. If it doesn't work out, the NRL will disolve the Board and do what they want with the FRANCHISE. The merger ceases to exist as an entity involving Wests or Balmain, other than in name.

They'll do the same with Cronulla. Saints are archaic and criyng poor. Parra give rabbles a bad name. Manly will have huge issues once their current crop of players eventually fades and the focus moves to off field issues.

Souths, Easts, Canterbury are all well run and well ahead of the pack of the above mentioned's, who are living in the Stone Age and in danger of having their fate removed from their control.

The new commission won't cop amateur, dysfunctional club operations (though it does have some house keeping of its own to do!) in the future. The game is being exposed by the amount of money now involved and at stake & the guys running the NRL are top line BUSINESS & MARKETING people. The brands of the clubs are valuable, but the clubs themselves are run by old fuddy duddies with no concept of whats happening around them.

As I said, natural attrition will come in to effect, though it will be carefully managed via PR & a strong marketing campaign.

It WILL happen. It HAS to happen.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Dragons have fallen behind on the rent of OKI.

True .

The world has passed Bovver Boys like Doust and the other Dinosuars past. Seriously, how can you not make money off a brand like St George? Because they are arrogant pricks, stuck in the stone age, thats why.

I cant wait until they get whats coming to them.

Whats more alarming is that they can't afford to pay the worst coach in the NRL out and get anyone half decent.