What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horo and Tonga sign with Manly

oldmancraigy

Coach
Every club needs back ups. Looks like Manly needed these two more than we did.

We have a squad full of 'backups' - so losing the backups to the backups isn't going to hurt us!

As long as Manly paid full quid on their contracts, we're in business!!

Wish them all the best and hope they produce their best Parra form for Manly :lol:

eel01s

Bench
We have to get rid of dead wood, and both these players fall into that category. Horo had many chances and didn't do enough IMO. Esi, well, enough said.

Gronk

Staff member
Horo had his chance. He may well come good elsewhere, but it wasn't going to happen at Parra.

Yep. Good luck, next.

Whoever at Manly decided that Esi was worth a shot, needs his head read.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Just reminding you all that Bead Arthur is now part if their coaching staff, just saying..

Redback71

First Grade
i dont get why with the eels young squad and players that have left and the increase of the cap why the eels dont have enough space under the cap to sign both hock and folau without loosing more players.

Redback71

First Grade
Whoever at Manly decided that Esi was worth a shot, needs his head read.

They will be saving him for there game vs us when hell probably score 4 tries and win the game for them, just like that kid at the panthers we let go did this season, actually just like about everyone who we let go does.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
i dont get why with the eels young squad and players that have left and the increase of the cap why the eels dont have enough space under the cap to sign both hock and folau without loosing more players.

It may not all be about the money but making spots available in the top 25 for new signings

Eels Dude

Coach
Might also be about backloaded contracts to say Sandow, and whatever the issues cap wise in regards to Hoppa.

Stagger eel

Staff member
So they need to bring in guys who can't tackle and drop the ball to complement his coaching ability??

no I think they've bought them for depth given that they've lost several fringe first graders.

PS: yes, I knew you were taking the piss..

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I agree Poupou.

Makes you wonder why they just didn't keep Harrison for backup. He's cheaper and better. Stupid Manly lol.

Latest posts