What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horo and Tonga sign with Manly

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I would have liked to see how Horo went under a decent coach.

Looks like you'll have to keep waiting, because he's no different under Toovey - shit defender every week (10 ineffective and 13 missed tackles in 6 games) but every now and then he has a big game in attack. I believe Patorick is in here to tell us that after months of waiting, that once-in-a-blue-moon big game just happened.

He will probably be back in another six weeks.

Gronk

Staff member
Horo is a fill in. He'll never be in the top 17 of any club IMHO.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Any nuffy can look good in a side that has the likes of watmough, DCE, Foran, kite, Lyon, matai, Buhrer, ballin and Stewart.... Even Harrison himself played a dozen games last year!

Avenger

Immortal
DCE and Foran may be the best halves in the comp but unless the forwards do their job the impact of the halves is limited.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
They picked Storm rookie Tohu Harris over Horo. Harris has played 6 NRL games. He comes in for Jeremy Smith.

not suprised by that, harris is another massive talent that the storm have somehow unearthed. excellent runner, good ball skills, tough defender, gritty determined. has got all the attributes

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Any nuffy can look good in a side that has the likes of watmough, DCE, Foran, kite, Lyon, matai, Buhrer, ballin and Stewart.... Even Harrison himself played a dozen games last year!

Maybe that's why we got fooled into buying him. He looked a lot better than he is. Oh well, rookie error learnt.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Good signing, is Harrison.

Quality backup that can handle first grade, as he proved last year. Always good to have blokes with NRL experience that can cover injuries, which is why Manly took Horo off our hands.

The real question is how we were fooled into buying Ken Edwards and Lorenzo Ma'afu.

I guess we just have to trust Sticky and Nolan. They know what they're doing - they get paid to do this.

Utey

Coach
The real question is how we were fooled into buying Ken Edwards and Lorenzo Ma'afu.

I think it was well documented that we took a punt on both these guys, considering Ricky's late signing and him identifying that we needed to boost depth, I don't necessarily think they were poor signings, especially with Edwards, he can play.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Good signing, is Harrison.

Quality backup that can handle first grade, as he proved last year. Always good to have blokes with NRL experience that can cover injuries, which is why Manly took Horo off our hands.

I guess we just have to trust Sticky and Nolan. They know what they're doing - they get paid to do this.

The season is only 6 weeks old mate. I think it's a bit early to be judging whether they are either good or bad signings.

emjaycee

Coach
He's only worth half that. Thanks Kearney.

Why do u think that?
Or are u not being serious?

The season is 6 rounds old and we have needed to replace only 1 backrower from the original 17
Stuart has picked Kelepi as first cab off the rank when he needed a new backrower.
Even amongst backrowers it is necessary to pick the right ones and maybe Harrisons time hasn't come yet.