What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Houston busted for drugs

Knightmare

Coach
Just saw on Ch7 news that Houston has been done for supplying E. IMO, write his name off, we don't need any of that around the club.

Liam

Juniors
bangHeadAgainstWall.gif

Johns Magic

Referee
If I was Stone I would call him into my office and tell him to go.

I'm not even emotional about this, I just can't stop shaking my head.

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
Newcastle Knights second rower Chris Houston will face drug supply charges next month after being served today with a court attendance notice by police.

Houston, 25, will face three counts of supplying ecstasy and one count of supplying cocaine following investigations by Strike Force Welham.

Strike Force investigators charged Houston's former flatmate and former Knights teammate Danny Wicks with drug supply charges on December 16.

Knights officials are in crisis meetings to discuss the development but it is understood he will be stood down from all club duties indefinitely.

Police issued a statement this afternoon that at 10.30am today, Strike Force Welham officers served court attendance notices on a Kotara man via his lawyers.

Houston will appear at Newcastle Local Court on April 13.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...o-face-drug-supply-charges-20100301-pd3y.html

Johns Magic

Referee
I've been pretty vocal about my general lack of enthusiasm for Houston as a player in the past. He never seemed to kick on and now he won't get the chance.

cram

Bench
If I was Stone I would call him into my office and tell him to go.

I'm not even emotional about this, I just can't stop shaking my head.

I am with you I feel nothing....just a little annoyed by the stupidity...

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
I've been pretty vocal about my general lack of enthusiasm for Houston as a player in the past. He never seemed to kick on and now he won't get the chance.

I have been vocal about my support. He was always going to play origin at some point, and a dominant part of our forward pack.

cram

Bench
You would imagine the precedent has been set with Wicks. He will be stood down immediately but willl he fall on his sword like Wicks?

It is interesting that he has only been issued with a Court Attendance Notice and not charged and bailed.

Jono078

Referee
Is it really that big of a shock in the end though?

With Wicks here I instantly assumed there would have been others involved.

The disappointing thing is we have moved on from Wicks and now this with the season just under a fortnight away. Would have been good to get it all done last December.

Alex28

Coach
I'm most annoyed that he didn't come clean to the club after Wicks went down and the police said in court they had information on another player within the club. He allowed the club to go along saying the right things and do the right things knowing he was likely to go down as well. He's dragged the club through the mud AGAIN.

Incredibly disappointed.

roopy

Referee
It's a minor charge on summons and he has co-operated all the way - giving evidence against Wicks - so you would have to think he is a chance at having no conviction recorded.
Probably the end of his footballing and teaching career over what was probably getting some drugs from Wicks for a few mates.
Big, big price to pay - 100 times the punishment most people would suffer for the same crime.

Johns Magic

Referee
This is going to make the Gidley injury that much more painful.

If there was one bloke in this club that was gonna pull this club out of the sh*t through on-field heroics and getting up the rest of the side it was him.

I'm seriously worried the others will just give up now with this on their mind and Kurt not there to drive them.

Newynut

Juniors
Disappointed is an understatement . I just registered and it comes up with another Knight is a suspected dealer.

Do you think they would let him out for weekends. Blah!!!!!:crazy:

Latest posts