What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Houston busted for drugs

roopy

Referee
. if you're going to be paid to play professional rugby league, stay away from the gear. it really is that simple.
They are exactly the same as other young people - which means a large percentage have used at some time.
If we did a hair test for drugs on every player in the NRL we would have to sack half the NRL.
We hate it that this is happening to us - but it could happen to any club or any workplace really.

You cannot sack him now. At this stage he has been accused of something not found guilty.

If the Knights sacked him or cut his income etc and he is found not guilty then the Knights would be guilty of wrongful dismissal.

The justice sytem has to handle this before the Knights do anything at all

Yeah I understand that. When I said "now", I meant "as soon as we can".

I will be considering my support of the Knights if this gets much worse. WHAT THE f**k is going on on with this club I am beyond devastated, what kind of a club is this!

perverse

Referee
They are exactly the same as other young people - which means a large percentage have used at some time.
If we did a hair test for drugs on every player in the NRL we would have to sack half the NRL.
We hate it that this is happening to us - but it could happen to any club or any workplace really.
absolutely it could, but it's time to put a hard line zero tolerance policy into place and enforce it to the letter. if we catch em with our in house testing, they should be out on their arse.

look i'm not trying to be hypocritical here, i don't care what anyone does with their spare time, but when you're in the spotlight and you're being paid big bucks, and it's in your contract to stay away from the gear, then i have zero sympathy or empathy for you if you get caught and hung out to dry. they all know the consequences, just as any young person knows their consequences relative to what they do for work, or what laws they have to adhere to in their state/country.

and FTR i also mean we sack him as soon as we have a right to. he should be suspended and completely removed from any interaction with the team until found guilty or not. if found guilty, his contract should be shredded immediately and without remorse.

Looks like the fair weather has passed huh?

I've been to dozens of games(including travelling to newie 5 games in a row when we were getting flogged that 13 in a row) been a member when they needed me when we struggling though got jack out of it.

I love the Knights, and they are huge part of my life.

But sh*t like this really upsets as drug abuse has ruined a immediate family member, and affected lots of others close to me.

Its something I have very little tolerance for. Particularly if they were distribruting on a mass scale.

It's a minor charge on summons and he has co-operated all the way - giving evidence against Wicks - so you would have to think he is a chance at having no conviction recorded.
Probably the end of his footballing and teaching career over what was probably getting some drugs from Wicks for a few mates.
Big, big price to pay - 100 times the punishment most people would suffer for the same crime.

Are you fair dinkum Roopy - minor charges? 3 x supply of e and 1 x supply of coke. A few supplies from Wicks for his mates still adds up to supply and more than likely a gaol term. No sympathy here for him or any other idiot that supplies or uses illegal substances - none! He should have thought the consequences of his actions beforehand.

My sympathies go to you the people and the decent people involved in your club. We went through a truck load of shyte last year.

perverse

Referee
My sentiments exactly. Why the hell would you get involved in dealing.
yep... the only reasons i've seen that make any sense are poverty and a genuine lack of any intelligence or skill at something else to make a living from.

these 2 blokes don't really have that excuse... so it truly beats me.

roopy

Referee
yep... the only reasons i've seen that make any sense are poverty and a genuine lack of any intelligence or skill at something else to make a living from.

these 2 blokes don't really have that excuse... so it truly beats me.
3 Es and 1 cocaine - might have made $50 - but much more likely he got them at cost price for his mates from Wicks.
This is not the biggest drug bust of the year.

Elephant Hunter

Juniors
I've been to dozens of games(including travelling to newie 5 games in a row when we were getting flogged that 13 in a row) been a member when they needed me when we struggling though got jack out of it.

I love the Knights, and they are huge part of my life.

But sh*t like this really upsets as drug abuse has ruined a immediate family member, and affected lots of others close to me.

Its something I have very little tolerance for. Particularly if they were distribruting on a mass scale.

The Knights have not been dealing drugs. Two employees of the Knights have been accused of dealing drugs.

If you really are a Knights supporter you will not stop supporting the club for the actions of a few fools. The Knights are more than just the players and the first grade team.

The Knights need the supporters to stay strong and not throw the baby out with the bath water right now

P.S. I feel your hate for drugs as I have also had members of my family throw away their lives on H. I know it is hard to see a dealer and not want to take out your pain on them but you just have to get past that kind of feeling

roopy

Referee
Are you fair dinkum Roopy - minor charges? 3 x supply of e and 1 x supply of coke. A few supplies from Wicks for his mates still adds up to supply and more than likely a gaol term. No sympathy here for him or any other idiot that supplies or uses illegal substances - none! He should have thought the consequences of his actions beforehand.

My sympathies go to you the people and the decent people involved in your club. We went through a truck load of shyte last year.
Minor charges.
Even if found guilty he may well have no conviction recorded.

mrford61

Juniors
Dragons must be breathing the biggest sigh of relief.

Rough chance they never took up dealing in drugs on arrival at Newcastle.

perverse

Referee
3 Es and 1 cocaine - might have made $50 - but much more likely he got them at cost price for his mates from Wicks.
This is not the biggest drug bust of the year.
roopy, do you or do you not believe that these blokes are old enough to recognise their responsibility as professional footballers and representatives of the clubs that pay them very good money to keep clean?

i'm young, and a huge lefty, but even i recognise that these guys are NOT your average young bloke, and are not to be treated as such, either. they are getting paid big bucks, especially in comparison to other people in their age group, and are in the spotlight big time. with the great benefits they happily accept, come great responsibilities to their club and their fans, which they must accept. i don't care if they accidently crushed a pill when they sat down at fannies one night or whether they've been shipping enough pills to supply the cross for a fortnight, they should be staying well away from the gear, at least during their footballing career.

Latest posts