What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

Card Shark

Immortal
Theres a rival club about to implode

Are you talking about Manly?

What about Watmough, he's rumoured to be very disgruntled at Manly & a shit stirrer over there?

Has 1 year left on his contract but he's unlikely to be there it seems, with the Eels favourites to get him .

Good mates with Gal, is it worth enquiring? He is a winner.

Card Shark

Immortal
That is actually really good news. A positive step forward for the club. Well done, Keogh, for admitting that we need help!

Even admitted our injury crisis was not just "bad luck".

Easy to recognise this but not so easy to state it publically.

webShark

Are you talking about Manly?

What about Watmough, he's rumoured to be very disgruntled at Manly & a shit stirrer over there?

Has 1 year left on his contract but he's unlikely to be there it seems, with the Eels favourites to get him .

Good mates with Gal, is it worth enquiring? He is a winner.

Ageing second rower and past it. Big money required but a winner. Reputedly on 900k next year. Sounds a must have. Only good news is Parra likely to get him. Just starting getting injured too. Ideal cap replacement for Toops and 32. Mate of a Galls also a bonus. Manly will be rubbing their hands. Got the most out of him and offload him when he costs a mozza.

shaggs

Coach
Watmo doesn't break the line with change of pace or footwork anymore. Sure he is a winner but he is done

Card Shark

Immortal
Ageing second rower and past it. Big money required but a winner. Reputedly on 900k next year. Sounds a must have. Only good news is Parra likely to get him. Just starting getting injured too. Ideal cap replacement for Toops and 32. Mate of a Galls also a bonus. Manly will be rubbing their hands. Got the most out of him and offload him when he costs a mozza.

So he is 32? Didn't think he'd be that old.

I agree with what he is on, it's not worth the $ for a near pensioner.

I'd still like him for the right price though....less than half what you wrote above.

DJShaksta

First Grade
We should really be trying to get Mason.
Big mobile forward that busts the line and can offload.

The Popper

Bench
Bloody good sort, Barbie Rogers, Quigs. Local too, I believe. That's her daughter doing the TAB ads too, I'm told.
Next year - gotta be Gallen to prop. I like the look of our upandcomers - Holmes, Gagan, Feki. They'll all be improved. Add a touch of experience like Gordon and one or two new buys e.g. Beale, Farrell and our backline should be improved. I like Heighington at lock too. But we do need a backrower. I reckon Gal, Fifita, Tags, Robinson, D. Fifita, cover prop and young blokes like Sorenson and Dillon coming through could be the goods too. I'd base our revival on youth, with a coupla hardheads in key positions. But it could be another 3-5 years before we're thereabouts again.

Last edited:

Southern Shark

Juniors
If we got Merrin then does that mean that we will be punching above our weight each week. Every time we win media headline, 'Sharks do a Merrin'.

southland

Juniors
No thanks to Watmough. we already have one of them...

Yes to Merrin. But please to me the powers at be are chasing a halfback...