What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

shaggs

Coach
I wish i was Ennis, has a better kicking and passing game then Robson and more dangerous ball in hand.

Unless Murphy can come up from Jets, Ennis could be the best half at the club

Seriously now?? Who's joke account is this.? I'm looking at you frenzy...

You've lost your mind

I might have lost my mind, but looking at the team our half back options are very little.

Ennis would give us just as much at half as Robson.

The other option is a untested Murphy who has apparently a good kicking game

Tracey not up to it yet

Then you have someone like Gardner who has never been tested there, we are short at half

Tutu

Juniors
Give Andrew Johns an apartment in Gal Tower and teach the halves we have (young and old) to kick (a lot) better. Bit of a crazy idea, I know, coaching skills to players so they improve, but you never know until you try...

webShark

Who needs andrew Johns when you have NRL legend Adam dykes as kicking coach?

Dykes had a good kicking game. Tbh, I can't imagine how much difference you can make to the likes of Robbo a 30+ year old half. Kicking is a natural skill you develop as a kid coming through junior ranks. My belief, if you can't kick at 18 it's too late. Like catching. Hardest part is recognising talent in the first place.

Beetson couldnt train Pom or Beau Scott to catch much better. Neither can Joey teach
Robbo or Barba to kick. Conversions Yes. Kicking in general play no. Dykesy is ok.

Natural talent is the key, otherwise everyone would employ ex Legends to teach to step like Freddie, Kick like Joey and palm like GI.

Look how Freddie turned out as a coach.

Tutu

Juniors
Who needs andrew Johns when you have NRL legend Adam dykes as kicking coach?

Well... yeah. Look, I wouldn't know if Adam Dykes is doing / going to do a good job of it or not, and I hope he does. It just seems like such a glaring deficiency, and these guys improving seems like our only hope this year, and it doesn't seem on the surface of it that it would be an impossible thing for high quality footy players (in lots of ways, just not so much kicking) to do with the very best advice and emphasis.

And I think a bit better kicking game would improve confidence , with big spinoff benefits to the rest of their game (thinking of Barba mainly I guess).

And if it came off for one of the talented young guys, well that'd be even better than chasing and paying top dollar for every halfback with a dodgy knee that used to be extremely good 4 years ago. Just my thoughts...

Foz

Bench
Saw the name Bird and immediately thought he may be a relative of Our former player Greg.(whatever happened to him- must be suspended again).
Anyway George pretty common knowledge we need a 5/8.
Never seen him play but sounds like he can cover a few positions and is held in high regard by our coaching staff.
I'm thinking someone wants to groom him like the Manly 5/8.
Let's face it Gordon can't play 5/8 so he'll be a fullback or winger and I'm told Brown(our present 5/8 ) is a hooker.
Please tell me Jack can play 5/8?
There's a position vacant sign there for sure.

From 3/9/14.

Looked like he could play 5/8 yesterday.

Last edited: