What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

Card Shark

Immortal
Which reinforces again that Tallis hates us, and has no idea. There is no way a team with the number of big names and up-and-comers like ours should end up with the spoon. And I believe that is an UNBIASED opinion!

I thought the same last year ;)

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Jinxed Kyle
If there is a more luckless footballer than Kyle Stanley, we're yet to hear about him.
The gifted utility back did his ACL for the FOURTH time while playing for Cronulla feeder club Newtown on Saturday, falling to the ground in a crumpled heap after fielding a grubber kick.

Stanley screamed hysterically when he realised his knee had gone again and you'd have to think this time it's the end at the ripe old age of 24.

Holmes worth investigating
Cronulla fans are still wondering why Shane Flanagan opted for Mitch Brown ahead of either Valentine Holmes or Jack Bird for the season opener against Canberra.
Brown dropped a kick at a crucial period of the game and was also chopped down by Jack Wighton when a try looked a near certainty deep in the match.
Holmes is an excitement machine who has been brought along slowly by the Sharks, while under-20s Origin rep Bird looks a real prospect and could have easily handed an assignment on the wing.
Flanagan is a conservative type who prefers to use older, more experienced players.
But don't be surprised to see a change or two to his backline for Friday night's visit by Brisbane.
LINK

Craigshark

First Grade
Brown reminds me of Matt Wright. Solid and a good depth player but nothing special and certainly not worth having in the team in front of Holmes, Bird and Gagan.

ghoti

Bench
i feel for stanley, that must be such a shitty feeling. i split my kneecap in two in a tackle early last year which has a similar recovery (with added fun of waiting for fracture to heal) and it was seriously one of the most soul destroying and difficult things i've ever gone through - no idea how he's had the guts to recover and return to play after three ACL blow outs and another on to go...

we are now unbelievably screwed for half depth. we need to poach someone who's stuck in reserve grade before june 30 if wer'e serious about making the finals. robbo has f**k all chop but is our best halfback by a long way. Murphy does not look likely from what I saw in the Manly trial and in his Jets game on Saturday. With brown and stanley out we have essentially nobody...PLUS we have Barba who will come ok, but is certainly no out-and-out half.

don't think tracey will make the jump in time. who the f**k else is there? politoni??

i'd hope for Sam Williams getting itchy feet under Cornish at Canberra....other than that, not too many options out there

ghoti

Bench
Barba's out of his depth enough as it is, don't need another guy struggling to tread water alongside him

Latest posts