What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

webShark

Haven't heard about Sopoaga for 2015, but he likes going on about rugby union on his twitter account.

I heard he wasn't too happy with the 'situation' at the club. He does like Union and his brother is a decent fly half and resembles Tupou. Back to NZ Union got to be a chance.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Ennis and Cronulla are a perfect fit. If it's true that Sharks have signed Bird then they have a very good player. Another player worth a look is the half in the Cutters team, Hutchinson, another Illawarra local. The Dragons played Bird in the Cutters team against Newtown on the 20s bye weekend and he didn't do too much. As I say he is very good but needs to put on weight, may be S Dank can help out here. Good lock or five eighth.

LOL re the Dank comment! Nothing would surprise!

chewsta

First Grade
I hope we keep Sopoaga, Some of the sleight of hand passes he throws to put players through gaps or over the try line are awesome to watch!

george43

Juniors
LOL re the Dank comment! Nothing would surprise!

Jack Birds display at fullback against the broncos last Friday night was awesome.He orchestrated the game from the back. Nearly all tries either directly or indirectly came from his input and decision making. FULLBACK IS HIS POSITION!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Jack Birds display at fullback against the broncos last Friday night was awesome.He orchestrated the game from the back. Nearly all tries either directly or indirectly came from his input and decision making. FULLBACK IS HIS POSITION!

Just out of curiosity George are u Jack's Dad? Or just his number 1 fan?

Card Shark

Immortal
Not a relative, just another fan. However there has never been any exaggeration in any comments that ive made in relation to his ability, if anything downplayed.

Well I hope we sign him & hope you have the last laugh, in regards to his ability.

webShark

Just out of curiosity George are u Jack's Dad? Or just his number 1 fan?

My thoughts too. Last week , he was being promoted as our second row saviour , now he is a FULLBACK!

Don't be too sad , if he signs elsewhere. Might as well. Won't get a run here as a Fullback. I need more info. Why on earth would he come here? Is he fairly local? Do the Broncs not know about him? They only have 5 Full Backs? Why doesn't Mary want him?

If he falls out with coaches at the Dragons he may well be ok here. We change ours 3 times a year. He will know Lichaa from Junior Origin. Perhaps he convinced him to join :)

I feel this has a long way to go. Either that or he just not a bad second rower. George your reputation is on the line m8.

george43

Juniors
My thoughts too. Last week , he was being promoted as our second row saviour , now he is a FULLBACK!

Don't be too sad , if he signs elsewhere. Might as well. Won't get a run here as a Fullback. I need more info. Why on earth would he come here? Is he fairly local? Do the Broncs not know about him? They only have 5 Full Backs? Why doesn't Mary want him?

If he falls out with coaches at the Dragons he may well be ok here. We change ours 3 times a year. He will know Lichaa from Junior Origin. Perhaps he convinced him to join :)

I feel this has a long way to go. Either that or he just not a bad second rower. George your reputation is on the line m8.

All clubs know who Jack Bird is, and who's to say what other clubs may be after his signature.he is a great fullback who can play anywhere, mentally tough and physically strong, who wouldn't want him?

Snoop Shark

First Grade

I'm not too sure what going on with this signing. I thought it would have been announced by now.

The dragons have pretty much dogged him. At the start of the year they pretty much guaranteed him a start in firsts. He had every right to be angry considering the footy he has displayed in the 20's.

The story I'm hearing is he isn't to happy with Dean Young and Ben Hornby. I'm also hearing he isn't the only person within the club they have rubbed up the wrong way. Throw in the fact they keep playing him out of position and you have a bloke that doesn't want to be there.

Going from his twitter account he is following the sharks(which players at rival clubs don't usually do) but his comments are quite odd to say the least

Since 73

First Grade

I thought you were banned from the footy - or were you there watching your son play again?

Special K

Coach
I'm not too sure what going on with this signing. I thought it would have been announced by now.

The dragons have pretty much dogged him. At the start of the year they pretty much guaranteed him a start in firsts. He had every right to be angry considering the footy he has displayed in the 20's.

The story I'm hearing is he isn't to happy with Dean Young and Ben Hornby. I'm also hearing he isn't the only person within the club they have rubbed up the wrong way. Throw in the fact they keep playing him out of position and you have a bloke that doesn't want to be there.

Going from his twitter account he is following the sharks(which players at rival clubs don't usually do) but his comments are quite odd to say the least

He retweeted and fav'd my comment about him at the Sharks. He also fav'd all the dragons fans asking him to stay.

Seems like a kid who has signed but is still working out social media :sarcasm:

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
I would go with this line-up for round 1 next season providing everyone is fit.

1. Holmes
2. Feki
3. Gordon
4. Leutele
5. Gagan
6. Nu Brown
7. undecided (we could sign someone or it could even be Penani.)
8. Fifita
9. Ennis
10. Gallen
11. Lewis
12. Tupou
13. Graham

14. Politoni
15. Tagataese
16. Arona
17. Sopoaga

So that leaves out:
Ayshford, Prior, Mitch Brown, Vave

Haven't heard about Jono Wright, Robson, Robinson, Roqica, Sorenson, etc.

Gardner more than likely going. Lichaa gone.

Am I forgetting anyone?

chewsta

First Grade
I would go with this line-up for round 1 next season providing everyone is fit.

1. Holmes
2. Feki
3. Gordon
4. Leutele
5. Gagan
6. Nu Brown
7. undecided (we could sign someone or it could even be Penani.)
8. Fifita
9. Ennis
10. Gallen
11. Lewis
12. Tupou
13. Graham

14. Politoni
15. Tagataese
16. Arona
17. Sopoaga

So that leaves out:
Ayshford, Prior, Mitch Brown, Vave

Haven't heard about Jono Wright, Robson, Robinson, Roqica, Sorenson, etc.

Gardner more than likely going. Lichaa gone.

Am I forgetting anyone?

Is Heighington with us next year?

bluefox1968

Juniors
I still like Robson - with his tackling ability / heart, he would be valuable at lock or as interchange because he covers a lot of positions...

Latest posts