What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Why not? Has the young bloke even played a minute of NRL yet? Playing 5/8 would be a lot tougher and a lot more pressure than centre or wing, especially at NRL level. I'm not a Robbo fan, yet I would rather keep him in the halves than thrust an unproven kid (who normally plays centre?) in there, just to try something 'outside the box'.

It's another messiah special

Madsharkie

First Grade
What about Mbye from the dogs? He's a young half with big raps on him, plus he's apparently not sure where he'll fit in at the dogs next season. Could be handy, and much more upside than Keating!

george43

Juniors
Why not? Has the young bloke even played a minute of NRL yet? Playing 5/8 would be a lot tougher and a lot more pressure than centre or wing, especially at NRL level. I'm not a Robbo fan, yet I would rather keep him in the halves than thrust an unproven kid (who normally plays centre?) in there, just to try something 'outside the box'.

There are trials you know

Snoop Shark

First Grade
What about Mbye from the dogs? He's a young half with big raps on him, plus he's apparently not sure where he'll fit in at the dogs next season. Could be handy, and much more upside than Keating!

I think the dogs have big plans for Mbye.

Although the Sezer talk may throw a spanner in the works, I think they are grooming him for a permanent spot somewhere in the team.

Madsharkie

First Grade
I think the dogs have big plans for Mbye.

Although the Sezer talk may throw a spanner in the works, I think they are grooming him for a permanent spot somewhere in the team.

Can only hope it throws a spanner or two, and we're the beneficiaries!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Yes I'm aware. Doesn't mean you try any silly combination together. You yourself suggested Bird at fullback, not 5/8. Remember how conservative Flanno is???

I'm not sure if George is a shark supporter or former dragon supporter turned shark, but either way it's time to wake up. Bird was not bought to play fullback. FACT.

I did hear whispers about possibly in the halves but that could be a long way off. I'm tipping he will be in the centres

ghoti

Bench
Bird's been played predominantly as a second rower, turned into a centre, and someone is dumb enough to try and turn a wide-running second rower who can run a little wider into a ball-playing 5/8 just because he looks like a fullback? For f**k's sake...

george43

Juniors
I'm not sure if George is a shark supporter or former dragon supporter turned played but either way it's time to wake up. Bird was not bought to play fullback. FACT.

I did hear whispers about possibly in the halves but that could be a long way off. I'm tipping he will be in the centres

Jack bird in my opinion is a fullback. Whether he plays there in the centres or 5/8 is up to the coach. he has played second row but he is a back. he will go alright whetever they position him

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Jack bird in my opinion is a fullback. Whether he plays there in the centres or 5/8 is up to the coach. he has played second row but he is a back. he will go alright whetever they position him

Considering our player of the year and the incumbent QLD Under 20's fullback are ahead of him I think he knows full well he won't be playing fullback

Card Shark

Immortal
Perhaps he should start on the wing & earn his stripes, like Feki & to a lesser extent, Gagan, have done.

cb4

First Grade
Bird has been purchased to play where he is playing for the Junior Aussies and NSW under 20's. He will be a back rower, and I will put odds on that he will start the year in NSW Cup.

I will also lay at odds that he won't play fullback for us. He won't start in the centres, unless Dylan Farrell doesn't sign with us.

george43

Juniors
Bird has been purchased to play where he is playing for the Junior Aussies and NSW under 20's. He will be a back rower, and I will put odds on that he will start the year in NSW Cup.

I will also lay at odds that he won't play fullback for us. He won't start in the centres, unless Dylan Farrell doesn't sign with us.

I'd like a piece of those odds on him not starting in the NRL.as for fullback that is my personal opinion.but he wont be playing in the forwatds for the sharks

Snoop Shark

First Grade
All I know is the club have told him backs.

That was obviously before talk of Farrell came about but that is where he believes he will play first grade(even though he is a handy back rower)

Latest posts