What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
I'd be so keen on Farrel if we got him.

Can Mitch Brown play centre? And will we get Farrell?

If so I'd like to see something like this:

1. Holmes
2. Gordon
3. Farrell
4. Brown
5. Feki

With Bird in the back row alongside Graham, Heighington at lock at Gal to prop.

cb4

First Grade
You also don't buy a 20 year old kid with not a single second of first grade experience and proclaim them to be the Messiah.
We have one of those, and he is a f**king donkey.

I am happy for this kid to get a run in the trials in a position that suits him, wide runner or centre, but facts comes first.

- As a centre, he will be behind Farrell* and Leutele for a first grade spot, and I dare say behind Ayshford as well in the early season.

- As a second rower, he will be behind Gallen Lewis and Wade for a starting spot. If gal moves to prop then Heino will get the start.
I would also say Arona would be ahead of him in the pecking order as well.

Interesting to note, that in his 21 regular season starts, 17 were at second row, 2 at lock and 2 at fullback.
Play him to his strengths, other wise he will be another Karlos Filiga that we bitch about.

george43

Juniors
You also don't buy a 20 year old kid with not a single second of first grade experience and proclaim them to be the Messiah.
We have one of those, and he is a f**king donkey.

I am happy for this kid to get a run in the trials in a position that suits him, wide runner or centre, but facts comes first.

- As a centre, he will be behind Farrell* and Leutele for a first grade spot, and I dare say behind Ayshford as well in the early season.

- As a second rower, he will be behind Gallen Lewis and Wade for a starting spot. If gal moves to prop then Heino will get the start.
I would also say Arona would be ahead of him in the pecking order as well.

Interesting to note, that in his 21 regular season starts, 17 were at second row, 2 at lock and 2 at fullback.
Play him to his strengths, other wise he will be another Karlos Filiga that we bitch about.

I understand your logic in teaching your conclusion but Jack Bird will play in the backs as to the position that is for the coach to decide. But once again in my opinion he is a genuine fullback

cb4

First Grade
All I know is the club have told him backs.

The club shouldn't tell the kid anything tbh. He hasn't even met Shane Flannagan, had a training session with him, or been involved in a pre season session with our complete squad.

If they have signed him on the principle that he will be in the backs, and it was a selling point to get him here, then they have made a huge mistake and this will only end in tears.

cb4

First Grade
I understand your logic in teaching your conclusion but Jack Bird will play in the backs as to the position that is for the coach to decide. But once again in my opinion he is a genuine fullback

I understand you opinion, but once again, the kid will play where he is told to play, not where he dictates he will play.

george43

Juniors
I understand you opinion, but once again, the kid will play where he is told to play, not where he dictates he will play.

Of course he will play where he is told. My belief is that the coaching staff will recognise that he is best suited in the back line.. I don't believe for one instant has he dictated where he will play.

Special K

Coach
He wants to play in the centres. Seems he would have made this clear when talking to the club and probably a reason he joined us as he sees a pathway. If he told the club I want to play in the backs, we saw him as a potential fit and we signed him I don't see the problem.

Jack Bird @JackBird_1 · Sep 9
@freeballs @pnfinn @FCFBDragon @NRL_Dragons my back row days have moved on mate, I'm looking to play in the backs.
https://twitter.com/JackBird_1/with_replies?lang=en

That tweet btw was in reply to someone telling him he wouldn't make our backrow - https://twitter.com/JackBird_1/status/509309338129670145?lang=en

My two cents - He isn't an NRL backrower in size yet. He was 4kg lighter then Ricky Leutele according to the pre season guide. 4cm shorter then Heighno but 16kg lighter. He is a kid...

He finished the year off playing centres for his team(keep in mind he is their best player) so he obviously wants a crack at it. If I am given the option of giving him a shot there to see if it works I'll take it. I can't sit through another season of Leutele and Aidsford.

Last edited:

Ct073

Juniors
Brad takairangi is back on the market.
Tigers pulled out of 3yr deal.
Worth signing?

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
Nightingale, as in Jason? No way is his day over. Guy is an unbelievable winger, and a Sharks fan as a kid to boot.

Latest posts