What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Interesting how we signed Sami over Reece. Personally I would have gone for Reece.

Reece is still looking for a club I wouldn't be surprised if Gus snapped him up.

As for nightingale he would be a very handy signing and its a no brainer he would walk straight into one of wing spots. Not sure the price tag he would have but at a decent price he sure does have some meat pies in him...the last winger like that we have had would have been fergo

I'm really, really sure Reece was with us just the once, Ricky got rid of him then too, plus his brother and Dane Neilsen.

Special K

Coach
Reece came to us when we got Merritt I believe. Like as a 16-17 year old I swear... Booyah used to talk about him in every post. Then I think he went back to souths and back to us before the Broncos.

I dunno. Don't care... We won't sign him now

cb4

First Grade
@RLW_Mole: EXCLUSIVE in The Mole in @LeagueWeek today: @Cronulla_Sharks closing in on @WidnesRL star Kevin Brown

CB4?

Nothing on him mate, but after a bit of re-search there are better halves in the ESL that we should be after.
Not sold on the idea of having to pay a transfer fee for a 30 year old 5/8 with the same amount of try assists as Robbo and is not NRL proven.

If we can afford a transfer fee, we can afford Barba. No brainer.

Interesting how we signed Sami over Reece. Personally I would have gone for Reece.

Reece is still looking for a club I wouldn't be surprised if Gus snapped him up.

As for nightingale he would be a very handy signing and its a no brainer he would walk straight into one of wing spots. Not sure the price tag he would have but at a decent price he sure does have some meat pies in him...the last winger like that we have had would have been fergo

I'd be surprised if Reece went to Penrith after hearing how badly Travis speaks of them.

I have heard that Reece will be a Rabbit, but that may change if the Rabbits extend Lote.

You are right re: Nightingale. 100% we should be all over him if he is leaving.

cb4

First Grade
Heard he went to Jannalli High. Maybe a Sharks fan.

Yeh mate, was a Sharks fan growing up. Maybe all his time at the Dragons may have tainted that but there was love there at one time.
Think he would be a very shrewed signing as he has been able to score tries with good halves and without them.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Yeh mate, was a Sharks fan growing up. Maybe all his time at the Dragons may have tainted that but there was love there at one time.
Think he would be a very shrewed signing as he has been able to score tries with good halves and without them.

Yes - as much as he annoys me, he seems to be able to find his way to the line, which is what you want from a winger.

webShark

This rumor being going around for a month, he is contracted to Widnes till end of 2016, he is currently 30 years old, he did not make the English 4 nations squad, his stats are ok but not world beating

22 tries in 34 games for Widnes are decent stats. They are a nuffie side. No way you pay a fee for him. Let's remember Blake Green and Travis Burns go okay in ESL.

On Roberts brothers. I thought they only had one stint with us. I do remember being at the trial game when Travis bust his leg. I think we have no need for Reece Robinson. We now have wingers and FB options but no new half. I am not so down on Robbo as some. Him and Barba could work. Nu Brown to bench with good versatility. Centre position not sorted for me.

Since 73

First Grade
Dogs made the GF with a pretty no frills halfback. A solid steady guy. Fairly good kicking game and good defence.

Cowboys, storm and Manly all fell short with superstar number 7's.

The Dogs were successful because of their forwards. And a hooker - a crazy competitor who drives them on and on and on.

Spending big money on a halfback with dikwad Flanno in charge is throwing it away.

Our outside backs saw more ball in the last 8 weeks then they have in 5 years under Sticky/foolanno/sharp - you don't need DCE for 5 hitups and a bomb.

Last edited:

Evil Homer

Staff member
Unlikely to be Joel Tomkins, who has just returned to Wigan on a four year contract after a couple of years in Union. More likely to be the third brother, Logan Tomkins, a young hooker who seems to be out of favor at Wigan.
May be a decent half for a three year contract while a young half develops, covers Robbo's retirement too. Dunno anything about him, but Holdsworth was a strong half in the ESL (and NRL proven when younger)...wouldn't want a repeat of that bullshit.
Holdsworth was definitely not a strong half, he was pretty much the worst in the comp. Brown is twice the player Holdsworth is, but that isn't saying much TBH.

bluefox1968

Juniors
So is this our team for next year:

1. Gordon
2. Holmes
3. Feki
4. Gagan
5. Mitch Brown
6. Nu Brown
7. Robson
8. Gallen
9. Ennis
10. D. Fifita
11. Graham
12. Tupou
13. Heighington

14. Lewis
15. Bird
16. Leutele (back-row)
17. Tagataese

bluefox1968

Juniors
I would love to see Nightingale or Hoffman or Barba added to the roster - but the latter two would have to be willing to play 5/8th...

webShark

So is this our team for next year:

1. Gordon
2. Holmes
3. Feki
4. Gagan
5. Mitch Brown
6. Nu Brown
7. Robson
8. Gallen
9. Ennis
10. D. Fifita
11. Graham
12. Tupou
13. Heighington

14. Lewis
15. Bird
16. Leutele (back-row)
17. Tagataese

D Fifita. Spare me. Has he played even one dominant game in Reggies. Let's not predict teams this early. Too depressing. Toops and Lewis probably be out injured too.

How long before Keating appears in a list?

chewsta

First Grade
Calm ya tits there webby. Im sure it was just a typo mate, seeing as there is no mention of A Fifita anywhere else, Im guessing that is the Fifita that Bluefox actually meant.

Latest posts