What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How are Storm the most popular club?

I always go back to my Victorian friend don’t believe in the hype…lol

Staunch Mexicans…

This article quoted summed it up for me..

“The typical Sydney mentality is that we don’t belong, but you can’t have a national competition without teams across the nation. Without Melbourne’s success, I would question whether the NRL gets its billion-dollar television deal.”

Geez they won so many Grand Finals and now people are taking notice of them Victoria..people Victoria according to the graph I posted hardly rate on Television..
How do the Sharks numbers stack up to the Storms quoted.. or every other club for that matter including mine.

Members, Social followers etc…

Appears only the Broncos stack up..

Generalzod

Immortal
How do the Sharks numbers stack up to the Storms quoted.. or every other club for that matter including mine.

Members, Social followers etc…

Appears only the Broncos stack up..
Look both St George and Cronulla Canterbury have had lean years what do you think will happen if they all click the crowds will come back, the question you should be asking what happens when the Storm start losing what will happen to their crowd?

Look both St George and Cronulla Canterbury have had lean years what do you think will happen if they all click the crowds will come back, the question you should be asking what happens when the Storm start losing what will happen to their crowd?
They don’t look like losing for a long time yet.

Dogs are the sleeping giants. Dragons crowds were up in 2018 no doubt, but only really in Kogarah was the house packed, can’t rent get the last time WIN stadium was sold out.

But that aside, no Sydney club comes within cooee of those Storm numbers.

Generalzod

Immortal
They don’t look like losing for a long time yet.

Dogs are the sleeping giants. Dragons crowds were up in 2018 no doubt, but only really in Kogarah was the house packed, can’t rent get the last time WIN stadium was sold out.

But that aside, no Sydney club comes within cooee of those Storm numbers.
Social members what exactly is that Twitter or forum members or face book members.....Every club has many of those...

Perth Red

Post Whore
Social members what exactly is that Twitter or forum members or face book members.....Every club has many of those...
What was the sharks crowd avg in their premiership winning year? Maybe finally winning a title gave a massive boost to crowds the years after? What No? Really? It’s like those alleged 60k sharks fans at the gf never really existed lol

I had a look General. These are the comparisons although no Sharks membership I could find.

Sharks / Storm

Members - Unknown / 27, 504 (as of 4th sept)

Instagram - 125k / 290k

Twitter - 70.6k / 141k

Fbook - 172k / 531k

I know the Storm won’t be your favourite cup of tea… but those numbers are impressive. Primarily membership and many “non-fans” may follow the socials etc.

Even more impressive regarding membership when they’ve only played 7 games in Melbourne over the last 2 years… so their fans have stuck by them, and even grown.

Generalzod

Immortal
I had a look General. These are the comparisons although no Sharks membership I could find.

Sharks / Storm

Instagram - 125k / 290k

Twitter - 70.6k / 141k

Fbook - 172k / 531k

I know the Storm won’t be your favourite cup of tea… but those numbers are impressive. Primarily membership and many “non-fans” may follow the socials etc.

Even more impressive regarding membership when they’ve only played 7 games in Melbourne over the last 2 years… so their fans have stuck by them, and even grown.
Thats impressive but what does that it all mean ..Has it created thriving junior base instead of taking players away from Queensland. Offcourse it ain't my cup of tea there hasn't been a club given so many leg up as the Melbourne Storm by the NRL.

DO all these helathy social media members reflect in the TV ratings:

regional-ratings-breakdown-1.png

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Thats impressive but what does that it all mean ..Has it created thriving junior base instead of taking players away from Queensland. Offcourse it ain't my cup of tea there hasn't been a club given so many leg up as the Melbourne Storm by the NRL.

DO all these helathy social media members reflect in the TV ratings:

regional-ratings-breakdown-1.png
Storm top 3 viewed clubs in the country on tv.

gerg

Juniors

Sharks / Storm

Instagram - 125k / 290k

Twitter - 70.6k / 141k

Fbook - 172k / 531k

I'm purely guessing and I couldn't really be bothered looking up the numbers but I'd like to see comparative data ... those same data fields you provided for the sharks but comparing QLD clubs with Melbourne. Purely guessing but I'd assume these a correlation between the 'fall' in performance and numbers of those Queensland clubs and increase in Melbourne's numbers. So numbers for the past 4 years would be interesting. Queenslanders consider Melbourne a fourth Queensland side.

Mark B

Juniors
As with most team selections, mine came down to family. The old man was a Granville boy from back in the day and loved Parra. The old girl was a staunch Dragons fan due to her uncle being the GM during the glory years. I picked the Eels just like the old man. They had arguably the greatest coach ever, super star players and It was great as a kid, they won four premierships, mid week comps. Every Weekend was a joy during footy season. Then as time does, it flew by and we Eels fans have achieved zero except for a few spoons. Melbourne remind me of this and what’s to come.

BranVan3000

Coach
Not sure of the numbers but long term success eventually must lead to success

Their cheating scandal is well behind them and most casual fans wouldn't even remember it at this point

But I think the last few years have been most important for them. They've evolved from a dour, boring defensive wrestling team to maybe the most exciting team to watch and won a comp doing it. This just naturally brings fans and grows the bandwagon

Latest posts