What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can we give League tests the special feel that Union ones have?

Calixte

First Grade
Perhaps you need daddy to buy you a 2nd computer to keep up the illusion a little longer...

Of course, you'll need a third log-in name. But you probably have one already so that shouldn't be a drama... :lol:

screeny

Bench
the first RLWC and the unlikely winners.

a GB test captain (sullivan?) playing with a broken arm to ensure his team held onto the ashes.

yeah, i was talking about only pre-Ashes icons though.

By the way, you mean Alan Prescott in the Battle of Brisbane, 1958 I think.

Aus v GB clashes have just too much iconography.

EDIT: oops, I see the question has already been answered. Sad, though, that RL fans aren't aware of the game's mega rich heritage.

Last edited:

Teddyboy

First Grade
Watching some old footage of Rugby at the SCG in the 1970's and thought it was League with the big crowds and biff but it turns out to be Wales and England v Australia in Union.

Calixte

First Grade
Watching some old footage of Rugby at the SCG in the 1970's and thought it was League with the big crowds and biff but it turns out to be Wales and England v Australia in Union.

The quality of troll here ain't what it used to be.

Vimpy

Juniors
Well, after 25 pages it is clear. The atmosphere at union test matches IS better than the atmosphere at League test matches. The atmosphere at SOO may be great and the atmosphere at NRL games might be great, but the atmosphere at Union test matches is the pinnacle.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well, after 25 pages it is clear. The atmosphere at union test matches IS better than the atmosphere at League test matches. The atmosphere at SOO may be great and the atmosphere at NRL games might be great, but the atmosphere at Union test matches is the pinnacle.

I find lots of shouting helps keep the crowd awake at a Union game!

You're a sh*thouse troll.

FMD, if I could be bothered, I could come here, pretend I'm a Union troll and do a better job than you.

Spastic.

Vimpy

Juniors
You're a sh*thouse troll.

FMD, if I could be bothered, I could come here, pretend I'm a Union troll and do a better job than you.

Spastic.

Nearly 29,000 posts to perfect a decent response and this is the best you can come up with? sh*t, I've scraped things more intelligent than you off the bottom of my shoes.

Nearly 29,000 posts to perfect a decent response and this is the best you can come up with? sh*t, I've scraped things more intelligent than you off the bottom of my shoes.

decent response
:lol:

you might have no idea about rugby - of either code - but you are amusing.

Cheezel

Juniors

No, after 25 pages it's clear Yawnion lovers can't get over the fact that League is really a superior product and that a Challange Cup Final is the pinnacle of either Rugby Code when it comes to atmosphere!

League does not need to look to Yawnion for atmosphere. If it does I am afraid we will have to start taking a book to the footy to read.

Latest posts