What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How competitive is JT?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Agree with the sentiments. Unfortunately it's something that will always be. Glad we don't have to listen to johns donate his dna every time Hayne is in shot. just remember these are the same commentary teams that labelled Carl Webb an enforcer for so many years and will give unearned praise to the performance of a player solely because they have ridiculous hair/beard (wolf man, idris). Naturally they are going to make themselves sound stupid.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Unfair on Idris mate. He is actually a pretty good player. He just got the raps a couple of years before he deserved them.

Yes, you are wrong

So you dispute that JT is the most competitive humam being ever? I would like to see your evidence.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I feel there are a few nsw plebs in here feeling another dally m coming JTs way.
and we all know what that means don't we

Last edited:

Red Bear

Referee
For those who are old enough to remember the young ones...

Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive Competitive

You'll never win Vivien!

Why?

Because that's only 24 words.

Oh... Competitive.
:lol:

God-King Dean

Immortal
I feel there are a few nsw plebs in here feeling another dally m coming JTs way.
and we all know what that mean don't we

Agreed, the jealousy is astounding.

Thurston will win the Dally M as complete proof he is double the player Johns was. Johns could have been so much more if he was more competitive.

People are stupid if they think being a great player is based on leading your team to a premiership.

People who are equally stupid, are those who think just because you take up 1/6th of your team's cap, & are the halfback, you are responsible to lead your team to premiership.

Again, it's just jealousy. Those 3 points by the Daily Telegraph each week is proof that he's the greatest.

Incorrect

Coach
How about Matty and Andrew Johns' old man's reaction in the footage they showed last night of their trip to Cessnock when Matty was winding him up that JT is now a better player than Joey was... Gary Johns didn't like it one bit, I was waiting for him to clock Matty over the head with the 800mL bottle of Tooheys Old he had in his hand!! Drunken old bast@rd! :lol:

Son of Minto

Bench
Agreed, the jealousy is astounding.

Thurston will win the Dally M as complete proof he is double the player Johns was. Johns could have been so much more if he was more competitive.

People are stupid if they think being a great player is based on leading your team to a premiership.

People who are equally stupid, are those who think just because you take up 1/6th of your team's cap, & are the halfback, you are responsible to lead your team to premiership.

Again, it's just jealousy. Those 3 points by the Daily Telegraph each week is proof that he's the greatest.

tumblr_l7rwa1b44F1qcm16uo1_r1_500.jpg

perverse

Referee
His competitive spirit is so immense, I bet he even competes with seagulls for chips. Well, for about 20 minutes a match anyway.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Matty is very jealous of his brother.

You'd have to be delusional to suggest that JT is currently better than Johns.

I even heard the argument that JT hasn't had the quality players around him that Joey had. Hmmmm Matt Bowen, Matt Sing, Brent Tate, Paul Bowman, Aaron Payne, Michael Morgan, the Sims boys, Matt Scott, James Tamou, Jason Taumalolo, James Segeyaro, Gavin Cooper... all off the top of my head. Yeah some really average players there!

It's amazing that people are willing to trash their careers all in the name of building JT up even more to purport the false myth that he's led a bunch of average players around his whole career.

The only thing he has on Joey, or Fittler or Lockyer, is his extreme unparalleled competitiveness. He competes on every play unlike those guys.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Aha, a Knights legend!

He wasn't awful, but he wasn't any better than solid either.

Joey carried him for 100 games.