What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How confident are we?

Cant wait for the team to be anoounced..We always give the dogs a run for their money up here..and perhaps our nest wins in newcastle are against them.im very quietly confident of a great game..22-12 to us

BG

Juniors
Hmmm... no Buderus, probably no Thaiday, probably 3 or 4 rookies in the team, question marks over whether Joey will be full fit and I'd say at least a month away from settling into the Brian Smith style... versus a Dogs team which is likely to field 4 test players in their pack. You'd have to be very parochial to be confident. If the Knights can just be competitive it would be a very promising sign imho. If they win, should be among the premiership favourites. If they get hammered, nothing to worry about under the circumstances.

Stuzmeister

Juniors
Yeah well said BG. I'll have to agree with you there. If we win convincingly against a Dogs outfit that plays well then we're in very good shape for the season. If not, nothing major, just need to work out some teething problems over the next month or so.

Having said that I'm going to say Knights 16-12 Dogs.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Knights are known for starting the season well and this hopefully wont be any different on sunday. On paper, our team matches just about any team in the comp and the fact we will be playing at home give me more confidence.

Spike

First Grade
I'm kinda nervous. I've got this strange feeling in my gut.....but it could be just gas

roopy

Referee
I'm confident.

Just performing for a new coach will see the boys pull out all the stops - and a home game is a good thing.

nickdemonknight

Juniors
I think that the team would be fairly confident after a solid preseason and two trial wins. Gaining more confidence in the first few rounds. Round 1 will be a good match and we might just edge out the dogs. In saying that I wouldn't be surprised if we lost. I'll say that we will win by 4-8 points in a good game with the winner working hard for their points.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Im never confident. I was confident in 05 and look what happened. I know we can do it but id be happy with 100% effort and a loss, early days. But if they dont put in ill be very worried.

Super Sub

Juniors
I reckon the dogs will win a close match, less than 10 points as the differential I reckon. Thats not me being negative or anything but I'm not expecting any miracles in the first few rounds.

BG

Juniors
Stranger said:
Dogs normally start very very bad.

Their round 1 form doesn't look too bad to me:

2003 Bulldogs 34 - Souths 26
2004 Bulldogs 48 - Parramatta 14 (coached by Brian Smith)
2005 Buldogs 46 - Dragons 28
2006 Penrith 24 - Bulldogs 22 (no SBW)

Spike

First Grade
You're letting facts get in the way of wild unfounded accusations. Facts can used to prove anything even remotely true

BG

Juniors
Spike said:
You're letting facts get in the way of wild unfounded accusations. Facts can used to prove anything even remotely true

Good point.

"Facts are stupid things"
(Ronald Reagan misquoting John Adams' "facts are stubborn things")

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I wouldn't say that I'm confident tbh. But I'm not not confident if that makes sense. I'm a bit unsure of what to expect with our backline. There are a few unknown quantities in there, but in saying that, our forward pack will be very strong, missing only probably Bedsy from what would usually be picked. Its all about our defence, which is an encouraging thing because we have only conceded 28 points in our two trials (and yes I know they're only trials and don't mean much), but that is a vast improvement from the Hagan days.

CJKnight

Juniors
I think two or three blokes in our forward pack are gonna have to stand up and take it to the Doggies. Perhaps Wooly (who has been in great form), Sargent, or Simmo will be the ones who put their hand up to make 100+ meters and 30+ tackles.

Noone really knows who is going to be in the backline come round 1. Doogs and Kidley are certainties IMO. But the questions remain: Will Thiaday get a wing spot? Will Doogs play centre or wing? Will Carmont even be in the side? Will Tighe beat Uate and McManus for a wing spot? Etc...Etc...

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I've heard on the grape vine that the back five will be:

(purely speculation though I spose)

Kidley
Uate/McManus
Carmont
Tighe
MacDougall

Latest posts