What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did Thurston manage to stay on the field tonight

BWNB

First Grade
Yes, and I said I would rather someone who was disrespectful but played fair. Yes sir no sir now ima break a jaw doesn't appeal to me more than being passionate.

i think Yes sir no sir im gonna kick your head off into the grandstand is worse than attempting to break a jaw.

Brutus

Referee
Thurston will never captain QLD.

Cam Smith is our man when Locky retires and if Smith is out then anyone but Thurston thanks. He's embarrassing the way he goes on.

Didgi

He must be Shnitzelburger, surely no-one could be this ignorant.

i think Yes sir no sir im gonna kick your head off into the grandstand is worse than attempting to break a jaw.

Let's sort our facts here.

Thurston didn't try to kick his head off into the grandstand, he was saving a try. Superstars such as Hayne, Slater, Covell... Hang on a sec :sarcasm: ... Do it as well.

Barrett came in with the biggest swinging arm you'll see, with the purpose of breaking his jaw I assume, because simply laying on him would have sufficed.

Meth

Staff member
Thurston is a great player to watch, but his tantrums every time a decision goes against him are pathetic. I see they are considering penalizing him at the judiciary. They probably won't, but I think they should if it is at all warranted (going by the audio) to assume some ascendancy and perhaps curb the tantrums. Rugby League would be better for it.

He should have definitely gone for 10

petetheileet

First Grade
i think 1 week on the sidelines we be fair...

great role model...

give him a week to think about how kids look up to him

sharko

Juniors
Thurston to back up like he did on Sat nite from the Origin game shows he is a remarkable player. The pass in question was flat and play should have continued, there were multiple forward passes from Manly that were allowed to go thru..the refs felt sorry for Manly and let them creep up in the 10 constantly.
It is not the first time this year that Manly have been carried by the officials.
NQ should have scored a couple of tries late but incompotence and stupidity did them in.
Thurston would be remarkable if he were palying for another club..I bet he regrets signing up again with those vegies up north!

eagles4eva

First Grade
Thurston to back up like he did on Sat nite from the Origin game shows he is a remarkable player. The pass in question was flat and play should have continued, there were multiple forward passes from Manly that were allowed to go thru..the refs felt sorry for Manly and let them creep up in the 10 constantly.
It is not the first time this year that Manly have been carried by the officials.
NQ should have scored a couple of tries late but incompotence and stupidity did them in.
Thurston would be remarkable if he were palying for another club..I bet he regrets signing up again with those vegies up north!

When?

Did you see our first two losses??

eagles4eva

First Grade

If a team is creeping within the 10, the officals should penalise them, this will stop it from happening.

Since the days of Hartley, i can't recall any refs feeling sorry for Manly!

Mr Saab

Referee
If a team is creeping within the 10, the officals should penalise them, this will stop it from happening.

Since the days of Hartley, i can't recall any refs feeling sorry for Manly!

David Manson 39th minute of the 1996 GF

eagles4eva

First Grade
David Manson 39th minute of the 1996 GF

So, going back 14 years, more responding to all these so called favours in 2010

Like most teams in 2010, I think everyone has been on the wrong end of a few pathetic decisions this year and I think the Eagles are still the most (or close to) penalised team in 2010.

redvscotty

First Grade
So, going back 14 years, more responding to all these so called favours in 2010

Like most teams in 2010, I think everyone has been on the wrong end of a few pathetic decisions this year and I think the Eagles are still the most (or close to) penalised team in 2010.

Thats because they are grubby merkins.

Meth

Staff member
Whether the pass was forward or not (I think it was) is largely irrelevant. Thurston doesn't have a license to abuse the referee. He would, and does, blow up whether the call was right or not. He obviously feels the refs are conspiring against the Cowboys.

Frailty

First Grade
Thurston is just a sour person.

When he missed a kick from the sideline he was swearing and throwing bottles around.

A-Grade sook.

perverse

Referee
it shows that he actually gives a sh*t, and i applaud it. i don't really approve of the amount of disrespect he showed the ref, he probably should have been sent for it, but his tantrums don't bother me at all really. wish there was someone at the knights who could blow up deluxe like that...

Frailty

First Grade
it shows that he actually gives a sh*t, and i applaud it. i don't really approve of the amount of disrespect he showed the ref, he probably should have been sent for it, but his tantrums don't bother me at all really. wish there was someone at the knights who could blow up deluxe like that...

Well we must be different, because I'd rather my player just play harder when he misses a kick or throws a forward pass...

I want my players to make up for mistakes with good play in response - not wasting energy acting like a toddler whose milky got taken away.

Johns Magic

Referee
Well we must be different, because I'd rather my player just play harder when he misses a kick or throws a forward pass...

Yeah because clearly Thurston wasn't trying his hardest out there. I always blow up about things I don't care about...

I want my players to make up for mistakes with good play in response - not wasting energy acting like a toddler whose milky got taken away.

You really think it's one or the other?

Blowing up at the ref isn't smart but at least you know he really cares and is busting his arse. I reckon there's too many players out there who don't care enough about how their team goes.

perverse

Referee

apples and oranges mate... there was only about a minute on the clock when JT had his blow up, and the cowboys were sunk. i would argue that he had plenty of good plays in response to the ineptitude of the rest of his team... and that he gifted the rest of his team ample opportunity to win the game.

i find it refreshing that JT was absolutely busting a nut to win that game, and when it didn't come off it clearly hurt him. as i said, blowing up deluxe at the ref isn't the way to go (he should probably have been giving his own troops a serve)... but i don't have a problem with the blowup itself. it's good to know there are blokes out there that actually care about the result.

if that makes you and i different... well what can i say, fair enough! i've got no problem with that, either.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
THE NRL has charged North Queensland star Johnathan Thurston for his expletive-laden outburst at referee Jason Robinson on Saturday night.
Thurston used the "f" bomb five times and also labelled Robinson "man of the match."

The Maroons star was furious at a forward pass ruling from Robinson late in the North Queensland-Manly game.

He was charged with ''detrimental conduct''.

Thurston will miss one match if he accepts the charge. He will also cop a one game suspension if he fights and loses the charge at a judiciary hearing on Wednesday night.

He will though be free to play for Queensland in State of Origin II.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...e-jason-robinson/story-e6frfgbo-1225873622446

Didgi

Refs need to get over it. He wasn't swearing at him, he wasn't questioning his integrity, he was being passionate.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Refs need to get over it. He wasn't swearing at him, he wasn't questioning his integrity, he was being passionate.
no, like any time a decision goes against him he was showing the referees and the game zero respect.

long time coming.

Latest posts