What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did Thurston manage to stay on the field tonight

Dutchy

Immortal
Refs need to get over it. He wasn't swearing at him, he wasn't questioning his integrity, he was being passionate.

also labelled Robinson "man of the match."

I am a huge fan of Thurston and I admire the way he plays the game. He cares more about winning and playing well then the majority of people in the NRL. But he went too far in this case.

carncowboys

Juniors
Thurston had every right to do what he did, the decision was ludacris, many other decisions that night where ridiculous, any other passionate captain who had sh*t decisons put on him all night would of done the same.

Dutchy

Immortal
Thurston had every right to do what he did, the decision was ludacris, many other decisions that night where ridiculous, any other passionate captain who had sh*t decisons put on him all night would of done the same.

Mate the pass was forward.

carncowboys

Juniors
so can the ref account for that dissalowed try too Odonnell because bowen "knocked it on" when he cleary didnt touch it. The pass was flat at best, seems slightly weird that the ref furthest away form the play called it up, when the 2 other officials deemed it a-ok

:lol: I've lost count of how many times I have seen this over the past week on here. It's LUDICROUS, not some rapper from Atlanta

Canard

Immortal
Precendent is set now, every time a captain swears in a discussion with a referee it should be at least a weeks suspension.

f**k me the Cowboys have been shafted with a wooden stick this season.

perverse

Referee
Precendent is set now, every time a captain swears in a discussion with a referee it should be at least a weeks suspension.

f**k me the Cowboys have been shafted with a wooden stick this season.
oh you poor poor diddums. i don't know if you've watched/listened to the actual footage/audio... but he doesn't just swear at the referee, he blows up absolute primo deluxe at him, including suggesting the ref should be "man of the match" and a string of aggrevated expletives. no matter how sh*t a referee is, as a professional sportsman you don't start saying sh*t like that to a ref, plain and simple. i loved the blowup personally, but you just don't do it at a ref.

it was a dead set forward pass. 100% correct. JT had nothing to complain about except that it took the ref a measely couple of seconds to get the call (made to look worse because the pass caused a line break)

... and wtf have the cowboys been shafted with this year? their own ineptitude?

Canard

Immortal
Yes and no NRL player in history has said such things to a referee.

Well one good thing to come out of it is the MYTH that he is protected.

perverse

Referee
Yes and no NRL player in history has said such things to a referee.
i certainly haven't heard a serve like that from a player to a referee for quite a while... and last time i did i'm pretty sure it was a week or 2 off as a result. last i remember was Joey giving a touchie a serving, and i can't remember the exact details but i think it was a fortnight on the sidelines for that.

Canard

Immortal
i certainly haven't heard a serve like that from a player to a referee for quite a while... and last time i did i'm pretty sure it was a week or 2 off as a result. last i remember was Joey giving a touchie a serving, and i can't remember the exact details but i think it was a fortnight on the sidelines for that.

From wiki "During a tense 18–16 loss to Manly, Johns believed the touch judge had missed a blatant error and in the heat of the moment called the referee "f**king merkin". Although Johns initially demanded an apology from the touch judge for costing his team the match, he was fined and suspended for two matches for the incident.:

Bit different to call a ref a merkin that should have been 4 weeks at least.

perverse

Referee
From wiki "During a tense 18–16 loss to Manly, Johns believed the touch judge had missed a blatant error and in the heat of the moment called the referee "f**king merkin". Although Johns initially demanded an apology from the touch judge for costing his team the match, he was fined and suspended for two matches for the incident.:

Bit different to call a ref a merkin that should have been 4 weeks at least.
it's not as different as you'd clearly like to think, and half the penalty that johns got is pretty fair to me. disrespecting the match officials is disrespecting the match officials.

BDR

First Grade
Look I'm a Cowboys fan but I definitely think he went way too overboard. JT has always had a sook/tanty in him, I remember when he was a bit younger he got marched and even sent to the bin for having a go at the ref. He had toned it down a bit recently but Saturday night he went too far. There have been worse calls in the history of the game and that is the worst spray I've ever seen go unpunished.

Now due to his bullsh*t the Cowboys are down their chief playmaker and will be at even longer odds against the Bunnies monday night. FMD why did he have to carry on so much :( it's not like he was going to change his mind.

BDR

First Grade
Gee you're not over that one mate? The right call was made, your side won anyway, what exactly are you having a whinge about again?

Canard

Immortal
So from now on every player that swears while talking to the ref this season gets a week minimum.

Interesting it was against the team that coach outright called the ref a cheat this season and didn't ge so much as a fine.

perverse

Referee
So from now on every player that swears while talking to the ref this season gets a week minimum.

Interesting it was against the team that coach outright called the ref a cheat this season and didn't ge so much as a fine.
i can't f**king believe after the discussion over the last page or so you roll this out again...

HE DIDN'T JUST SAY A QUIET LITTLE f**k UNDER HIS VOICE. HE RIDICULED THE OFFICIAL AND BLEW UP DELUXE AT HIM. THERE IS A MASSIVE f**kING DIFFERENCE. GET IT IN YOUR HEAD!

:lol:

unbelievable...

No, only if it is continual sustained abuse rather than a "f**k" slipping out accidently. Ref should have demanded an apology on the spot and if not forthcoming, sent him off (and not just to the bin for 10 minutes).

Latest posts