What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did Thurston manage to stay on the field tonight

Stagger eel

Staff member
i can't f**king believe after the discussion over the last page or so you roll this out again...

HE DIDN'T JUST SAY A QUIET LITTLE f**k UNDER HIS VOICE. HE RIDICULED THE OFFICIAL AND BLEW UP DELUXE AT HIM. THERE IS A MASSIVE f**kING DIFFERENCE. GET IT IN YOUR HEAD!

:lol:

unbelievable...

didn't he question the integrity of the ref by saying he was man of the match??...that's basically worse than swearing, he's the only player in the game that carries on like a petulant little child and needs to be taught a lesson.

Canard

Immortal
i can't f**king believe after the discussion over the last page or so you roll this out again...

HE DIDN'T JUST SAY A QUIET LITTLE f**k UNDER HIS VOICE. HE RIDICULED THE OFFICIAL AND BLEW UP DELUXE AT HIM. THERE IS A MASSIVE f**kING DIFFERENCE. GET IT IN YOUR HEAD!

:lol:

unbelievable...

Haha dummy spit of the year.

LOUD NOISES!!

Important rule was learned today Manly are beyond reproach and can accuse a ref of cheating, and if anyone from the Cowboys has the temerity to question a referee they will be suspended immediately.

SDM

First Grade

LOUD NOISES!!

Important rule was learned today Manly are beyond reproach and can accuse a ref of cheating, and if anyone from the Cowboys has the temerity to question a referee they will be suspended immediately.

In Manlys defence, they actually got dudded by a call, the Cowgirls didn't.

gronkathon

First Grade
If this is the standard than Johnny boy shouls have spent a couple of months out of football over the years. This was far more respectful that the tirades he has launched at touch judges over his career.

perverse

Referee
didn't he question the integrity of the ref by saying he was man of the match??...that's basically worse than swearing, he's the only player in the game that carries on like a petulant little child and needs to be taught a lesson.
yep, he did. you just don't go off the rails at a ref like that... you learn that from under 7's onwards for christs sake.

LOUD NOISES!!

i just figured you'd read it if it were in big letters... because i was doubting you'd read anything else in the damn thread... or watched the incident for that matter.

Canard

Immortal
In Manlys defence, they actually got dudded by a call, the Cowgirls didn't.

OK so the lesson here is if in your opinion the call was wrong its okay to call the ref a cheat, but if you ask the ref a question but happen to swear and in your opinion its the right call then its NOT OK.

pervert said:
i just figured you'd read it if it were in big letters... because i was doubting you'd read anything else in the damn thread... or watched the incident for that matter.

MORE LOUD NOISES!!

Last edited:

voltron

Juniors
the cows fans are in denial
thurston shouldve gotten two weeks and a fine
the precedent had been made for this by Johns
but because of Origin coming up of course it doesnt happen

Canard

Immortal
the cows fans are in denial
thurston shouldve gotten two weeks and a fine
the precedent had been made for this by Johns
but because of Origin coming up of course it doesnt happen

I agree Voltron calling a referee a merkin is the same as saying man of the match.

Also Johns never got off any deserved suspensions ever....

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
As a Manly fan I am going to have my piece on this. And it may not be what you expect either.

1. Thurston should have been penalised.
2. Thurston should have been march 10m.
3. Thurston should have been binned for 10
4. Thurston should have been sent off.

This is the steps the ref didn't take. By letting him continue and talk back the ref made the situation worse. Grow some balls, and if you are going to make a decision and stand by it, defend it by demanding the respect of the players.

The ref is at fault here. Yes, Thurston should not have blown up, however I think Thurston's position would be severely dented if he was handled with the above steps. Steps which any referee should be trained to handle. If Thurston got to step 4, I think he should be rubbed out for a number of weeks.

Should he be suspended... Probably not. He's a merkin and a tosser, and deserves suspension, however the error is only partially his, not his entirely.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
As a Manly fan I am going to have my piece on this. And it may not be what you expect either.

1. Thurston should have been penalised.
2. Thurston should have been march 10m.
3. Thurston should have been binned for 10
4. Thurston should have been sent off.

This is the steps the ref didn't take. By letting him continue and talk back the ref made the situation worse. Grow some balls, and if you are going to make a decision and stand by it, defend it by demanding the respect of the players.

The ref is at fault here. Yes, Thurston should not have blown up, however I think Thurston's position would be severely dented if he was handled with the above steps. Steps which any referee should be trained to handle. If Thurston got to step 4, I think he should be rubbed out for a number of weeks.

Should he be suspended... Probably not. He's a merkin and a tosser, and deserves suspension, however the error is only partially his, not his entirely.

Correct

tkr

Juniors
Remember Wade McKinnon got 3 weeks for spitting in the general direction (not actually at) a touchie? Also, just a few weeks ago, Brent Tate (I think) got a penalty awarded against him because the ref "didn't like the tone" of his comments.
This is an absolute joke and the NRL always looks after it's stars.
Heck, just a few weeks ago Thurston went to tackle Lance Hohia and went in with his foot raised and leg in front of him - no arms at all. How illegal is that and what happened - nothing? Absolute rubbish!

kay

Juniors
Was just watching TEN news: "after the break, how to stop children swearing like their favourite sport stars!". I wonder why that's an issue this week.
It looks like whoever was at the judiciary and whoever else had the power in charging him were the only ones who didn't see an issue with it.

Charlie124

First Grade
yep, kids have only started swearing this week because they were all awake at 9:25pm last saturday watching the footy on foxtel. Youve got a lot to answer for Jonathon!