What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did we end up here?

ParraAds

Juniors
Gronk, let me tell you he is heavily involved behind the scenes in destabilising the current board. This did not come from a board member, but someone who knows what is going on from some personal knowledge

Whether he has the sort of support he thinks is possibly another matter, if you think the wooden spoon is big, the one DF is stirring with is pretty huge, he wont go away for a while

That's a bit hard to swallow mate.

Any connections to Fitzy at the club are long gone. Sure, he shows up to AGMs and acts like a pest (which I actually find quite amusing) and yes, he has allies in the media. But when it comes time to vote, the only thing people will care about is the poor performances of the past two years and the various shambles that came with Kearney, Osborne, Duncan et al - Not Fitzy's "destabilising".

It's a bit like Labor and their cronies (a few in this forum in fact) blaming everything on Tony Abbott rather than their long list of incompetence and deceit.

IFR33K

Coach
When has he ever left a club in better shape than he found it? For that matter, when has he ever had to rebuild a club?

He had already proven he could coach a strong squad with the Kiwis. As for his ability to build a squad, he had come from a club where they have a great development system. So even though he was an unknown quantity, that's better than a coach who had proven club building wasn't his forte.

So let me get this straight.

SK is a good club coach, cause he has done well at rep level with a strong squad.

And going by your previous statements, RS is a shit club coach, despite being a good rep coach.

](*,)](*,)](*,)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So let me get this straight.

SK is a good club coach

Who said he's a good club coach? The fact he's been sacked shows he wasn't.

But at the time we signed him he had never been sacked. That made him a better choice than any of the multiple sacked coaches on offer, given his achievements at rep level and his experience as an assistant.

And going by your previous statements, RS is a shit club coach, despite being a good rep coach.

I'm not sure he's even a good rep coach. But he's a strong personality with a big name, and a lot of experience at club level. Let's hope he's learnt from his mistakes and does a great job for us.

](*,)](*,)](*,)

How embarrassing for you.

IFR33K

Coach
Hagan was only here for two years. We all know that's not long enough to have any lasting effect on the club.

Blaming MH only gets you so far.
The dogs 'won' the spoon in 08, 09 they were title contenders. 2012 they are title contenders.

Get over it merkin.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I'm not blaming Hagan. He was only here for two years, and that was four years ago.

The dogs 'won' the spoon in 08, 09 they were title contenders. 2012 they are title contenders.

Because their contracts were structured so that they were able to have a massive clean out after '08, and then again after 2010. Meanwhile we had half a clean out after 2010 but the outgoing coach didn't sign anyone to replace them. And two years later we had Mortimer and some aging forwards still on the books.

You need to get over it.

IFR33K

Coach
I'm not blaming Hagan. He was only here for two years, and that was four years ago.

Because their contracts were structured so that they were able to have a massive clean out after '08, and then again after 2010. Meanwhile we had half a clean out after 2010 but the outgoing coach didn't sign anyone to replace them. And two years later we had Mortimer and some aging forwards still on the books.

You need to get over it.

I think u missed the point.

The dogs recovered after a shocking 08, and are now a title threat.

Yet u still mention hagan for our issues 4 years after his departure.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Get over it merkin.

No you've missed the point. I'm blaming Anderson for where we were last year, and I'll be blaming Kearney for where we end up next year.

I credit Hagan with what happened in 2009, and to a lesser extent, in 2010.

Eels Dude

Coach
Couldn't agree more, we played some pretty terrible footy under Anderson. Let's not forget we were favorites for the comp in 2010, we had the same roster as 2009 but also added a rep prop and centre to the roster (poore/tahu)

We were favourites for the comp in 2010 simply because of the roll we finished in 2009 winning that 7 in a row and then the 3 finals games. It was a momentum thing and that's why the bookies made us favourites. Everyone was on the bandwagon including them. 2010 was nowhere near as bad as some people claim. Compared to the past couple of seasons 2010 was a great year.

bartman

Immortal
Thing is bart, Fitzgerald hasn't gone anywhere. Even when he was an employee of the club he was a manipulator and a politician.
Spoken like someone who has soaked up all the scare campaigning the last two times, and knows no better than to keep the same fear-mongering going around again.

The only thing that changed when he was sacked was that he was no longer an employee. He is still those other things, and his stench will be around the club long after players and coaches have moved on.
Yeah, sure... And I guess by that logic we should assume that Tahu still wants his job here back too, as he was just a manipulative employee that got sacked? Ooh, we better be scared if Tahu's lackeys end up playing in the centres :crazy:.

Delboy

First Grade
ParraAds, Ihave just gpot in from work to read your response

What I posted is deas set true, DF hates the current admin with a passion and winds up Raaay and others constantly. He is around, make no mistake, when you see the names he is behind, I think you will agree

bartman

Immortal
Who said he's a good club coach? The fact he's been sacked shows he wasn't.

But at the time we signed him he had never been sacked. That made him a better choice than any of the multiple sacked coaches on offer, given his achievements at rep level and his experience as an assistant.
What a load of wise-after-the-event bollocks! :crazy:

Suitman

Post Whore
Spoken like someone who has soaked up all the scare campaigning the last two times, and knows no better than to keep the same fear-mongering going around again.

No, it sounds like someone who is aware of Rayyyyy's campaign.
Why don't you reply to Delboy's post's, Bart?

Suity

bartman

Immortal
What is Ray's campaign? I must've missed it.

No disrespect intended, but Delboy's post is hearsay - the type that sometimes moderators here allow to be posted, and sometimes they choose to delete. In that post Delboy isn't owning/stating his own opinions, and there's nothing really to discuss until he puts his own views out there.

Why didn't you reply to Ifr33K, Maroubra, Eels Dude, or anyone else's post?

#isitcosiinsultedyourforumbuddy

Delboy

First Grade
Bart, basically believe what you like, I don't care

I know you like Julia Gillard, so I am not at least concerned what you think.

bartman

Immortal
As I said, no disrespect intended - but take the comment personally like a merkin if you want....

I wanted to stay out of any stories that are third party stories, because there's nothing really for anyone to say about them. But if you put up your own opinion Delboy of whether or not you are scared that any "opposition" candidate must be a puppet of Fitzy, then we'll have a (respectful) discussion of your opinion, my opinion and the differences.