What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did we end up here?

Gronk

Staff member
SK demanded autonomy cos if we and a football manager he'd soon realize what a crap coach we had.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
i don't know you tell us ... sounds like you were there at the meeting about it

So why do you reckon Burt played so much first grade this year? Especially after he was dropped.

Do you reckon he was one of the top five outside backs in the club?

IFR33K

Coach
So why do you reckon Burt played so much first grade this year? Especially after he was dropped.

I reckon SK got it wrong. Burt should of been dropped months ago. No wonder he had to go.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Burt was picked because he was a better option than Esi Tonga and Troy Savage..and unfortunately both Dylan Gilbert and Jerome Mackenzie were not contracted to the fulltime squad and it was after June 30 so we couldnt register them.

strider

Post Whore

he probably was in the top 5 at times

he only got back in because of injury initially .... and we had some different injuries all season ... and yeah esi didn't go real good

Eels Dude

Coach
They gave him (Sk) full control and that's how he wanted it.

If that's what he wanted, they should have refused him that right. He was never be going to handle the overall running of the football club as well as the full time role of head coach of the first grade side and the results of the past two years have shown it. He deserves part of the blame for asking for such terms and the board are also to blame by allowing those terms.

Maroubra Eel

Coach

he only got back in because of injury initially .... and we had some different injuries all season ... and yeah esi didn't go real good

Esi never really recovered after the threat of a two year Origin ban. Poor Esi.

oldmancraigy

Coach

Yeah I agree with this.

Burt only got back in because of injury. Then the ineptitude of others cost them the chance to replace him. I think there was perhaps one or 2 weeks where Burt should have been re-dropped due to available players being all uninjured, but the W Tonga got injured again and it was a moot point.

I'd say for those 2 weeks that Burt was retained because it hardly mattered anyway, and he'd only just announced his retirement.

oldmancraigy

Coach
If that's what he wanted, they should have refused him that right. He was never be going to handle the overall running of the football club as well as the full time role of head coach of the first grade side and the results of the past two years have shown it. He deserves part of the blame for asking for such terms and the board are also to blame by allowing those terms.

They did refuse him that right in the end.

I think it was a good move, just the wrong man for the job as it turns out. Mind you, I was pretty excited after 1 year, we'd made some nice signings and learned a new style. Turned out badly, but such is life? At least something was done about it before it became a total farce.

Gronk

Staff member
Yet there are some who wanted to see supercoach see out his contract.

#fmd

Jodeci

Bench

This probably explains why Chris Anderson was brought in to oversee all aspects of the footy club and as a mentor to the former coach.

Latest posts