What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did we end up here?

strider

Post Whore
does anyone know if it was true that SK refused other offers of help before Anderson?

Stagger eel

Staff member
does anyone know if it was true that SK refused other offers of help before Anderson?

from what I understand a choiuce of 3 prominant league identities were shoved under his nose and was told to choose one and thats where opes came in.

Jodeci

Bench
we really bent over for the guy

The story about Taylor coming to help early in the peace had merit as he was one of the 3 mentioned as his contract with the roosters is like a hand shake deal and could leave whenever he wanted

I don't think we "Bent over" for this guy, I think we did everything in our power to justify the decision made in late 2010, however that seems to have not worked.

Suitman

Post Whore
More so if we ended up paying him out for next season as well.

If that's the case, so did Anderson.
Smith bent the Roosters over.
I'd reckon EVERY coach has it in their contract.
Hell, even the Tiger's are trying to work out how they won't have to pay Sheen's $1 million for next year by trying to off load him elsewhere.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
We didn't

He resigned.
I was hoping that would be the deal.

If that's the case, so did Anderson.
Smith bent the Roosters over.
I'd reckon EVERY coach has it in their contract.
Hell, even the Tiger's are trying to work out how they won't have to pay Sheen's $1 million for next year by trying to off load him elsewhere.

Suity
True, most three year contracts these days could be read in practice as being two years with an option, as that's how it often seems to end up.

But I don't think Anderson could be claimed to have bent us over through receiving a payout for the way he was treated, as his leaving was not based on anything substantial imo other than a misplaced desire to somehow get Kearney into the joint.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I was thinking he bent us over because we were paying him decent money and he had absolutely no idea. Where can I get a gig like that?

Eels Dude

Coach
This probably explains why Chris Anderson was brought in to oversee all aspects of the footy club and as a mentor to the former coach.

It explains why Jodeci, but it should have been done a lot earlier and perhaps not someone of SK's choosing but the best person for the job. Did Chris Anderson even last 2 weeks at the club?

strider

Post Whore
I was thinking he bent us over because we were paying him decent money and he had absolutely no idea. Where can I get a gig like that?

come work where i work - i'm pretty sure my managers are just making shit up as they go along

Latest posts