What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did we end up here?

oldmancraigy

Coach
a different bunch of guys who want to hang around footballers

At least the 3p ones are rich - and so you might assume have some idea of what it takes to be successful in business?

Better than dumb, poor blokes who just want to hang around footballers, and who have no idea how to run a business I suppose?
And if a bunch of people who were hired by dumb poor blokes who want to hang around footballers, get sacked by guys who are smart, rich, know how to run a business, and like to hang around footballers, then I fail to see the problem???

strider

Post Whore
be nice if the rich guys who know how to run (non-football) businesses would see fit to hire someone who knows about footy to run the football business (yes i know there is an advertisement now - but why wasn't it up a long f'n time ago)

Gronk

Staff member
I think it's great that we have rich board members. The Roosters have Politis, Bouris, Gyngell and the big kahuna Packer. Like the aforementioned, ours would never dream of sponging on the club, they would waive honorariums and inject cash when needed.

Jodeci

Bench
be nice if the rich guys who know how to run (non-football) businesses would see fit to hire someone who knows about footy to run the football business (yes i know there is an advertisement now - but why wasn't it up a long f'n time ago)

This has been a major issue for the club. No one over seeing the office and the day to day running of the club.

Bentley has enough on his plate with managing the League Club, this should of been taking care of a long time ago, only issue is that SK didn't want a football manager as such hence why Gareth was put in though he played no part in any decisions nor setup but simply someone to do the little things.

The role has been installed by Sticky as it was one of the first things he brought up with the administration on how on earth do we not have someone over seeing the entire footy club.

Too me, there are possibly 3 people who I can see putting their hands up for it, they being former Sydney FC GM Dirk Melton, Grant Mayer who 2 weeks ago left the GWS and if Zaps applies then thats 3.

If there is someone out there with a better resume then these 3 individuals, then lets get him/her though to me they would be hard to beat.

I only hope the 3 board members who are sitting on the panel for this job hire someone with footy knowledge and not some top notch business person cause you gotta know the business rather than someone who is not going to know how to mnage a footy club cause its different.

Kornstar

Coach
This has been a major issue for the club. No one over seeing the office and the day to day running of the club.

Bentley has enough on his plate with managing the League Club, this should of been taking care of a long time ago, only issue is that SK didn't want a football manager as such hence why Gareth was put in though he played no part in any decisions nor setup but simply someone to do the little things.

The role has been installed by Sticky as it was one of the first things he brought up with the administration on how on earth do we not have someone over seeing the entire footy club.

Too me, there are possibly 3 people who I can see putting their hands up for it, they being former Sydney FC GM Dirk Melton, Grant Mayer who 2 weeks ago left the GWS and if Zaps applies then thats 3.

If there is someone out there with a better resume then these 3 individuals, then lets get him/her though to me they would be hard to beat.

I only hope the 3 board members who are sitting on the panel for this job hire someone with footy knowledge and not some top notch business person cause you gotta know the business rather than someone who is not going to know how to mnage a footy club cause its different.

Seriously? Wow!

They should have been the first warning signs for our board.......that would be like getting rid of all coaching staff because the players should be able to come up with all the plays and self motivate.......

I think it's great that we have rich board members. The Roosters have Politis, Bouris, Gyngell and the big kahuna Packer. Like the aforementioned, ours would never dream of sponging on the club, they would waive honorariums and inject cash when needed.

If we ever need to phoenix our club we should be well placed.

Jodeci

Bench
Seriously? Wow!

They should have been the first warning signs for our board.......that would be like getting rid of all coaching staff because the players should be able to come up with all the plays and self motivate.......

They gave him (Sk) full control and that's how he wanted it.

Did Sticky and Zappia have a relationship at Cronulla? Could that be a combination possibly at Parra. Zap has football operation experience and that could be what we need.

Latest posts