What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you feel being a eels supporter

eelement

Juniors
I have been reading many blogs, articles, and forums lately about recruitment retention, coaching, and players we would honestly be a laughing stock from other clubs supporters right now but i couldn't care less what they think but enough's enough I'm a fan of the eels as much as you guys but not as long as some, i haven't felt the roller coaster ride yet as much as you old heads in here but what i have gathered a lot of your information which at times makes sense and positive and at times it can rather draining with negative and it can be radical, we all wish the the best for our team to perform week in week out and unfortunately it hasn't been up to expectations.
so for the remainder of the season win or lose can we just get out there and support our players for the remainder of the season, i feel positive we will bounce back better and stronger as a club by the end of year with signings, Patience is the key for success lets wear our true colours these coming weeks because once this season is over its over and 2011 round 1 will feel like a life time. Go you slimeys!
This is just my rant feel free to have your say ..Peace

one thing you can say about being an eels supporter, its never boring! i wish we were under the radar a bit with the media and could just go about our work without the spotlight on us but thats impossible with jarryd playing for us i guess lol

DeanPay98

Juniors
I feel pretty teed off with some of the ridiculous recruitment decisions and the general lack of motivation and/or planning.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I try to ignore other people's opinions on the Eels. After all, they're not Eels fans and so it's usually something I don't necessarily want to read/see/hear about (unless it's constructive).

Sure, we could be the laughing stock of the NRL. I could care less tbh. I love this team. I love the fans of this team. I love our home ground. I love that we are a club that you can be proud to be a part of, because we produce quality human beings, and not just footballers. I love how watching Parramatta plays makes me feel - yes, even the lows. Because no matter what other sport or spectacle I am watching, nothing makes me feel as high and low as Parramatta. And that in itself says a lot. In this day and age of stressful economies and war-like political melting pots around the world, being able to feel natural highs and lows is a valuable asset to remind oneself of one's humanity.

TheParraboy

Staff member
What about commentators who describe tries as 'touchdowns'?

holden11.jpg

Redback71

First Grade
been feeling ripped off for years now. 2001, 2005. 2009 :( not to mention 98 to 2000 bla bla bla

Nikki

Coach
I try to ignore other people's opinions on the Eels. After all, they're not Eels fans and so it's usually something I don't necessarily want to read/see/hear about (unless it's constructive).

Sure, we could be the laughing stock of the NRL. I could care less tbh. I love this team. I love the fans of this team. I love our home ground. I love that we are a club that you can be proud to be a part of, because we produce quality human beings, and not just footballers. I love how watching Parramatta plays makes me feel - yes, even the lows. Because no matter what other sport or spectacle I am watching, nothing makes me feel as high and low as Parramatta. And that in itself says a lot. In this day and age of stressful economies and war-like political melting pots around the world, being able to feel natural highs and lows is a valuable asset to remind oneself of one's humanity.

We "could" be the laughing stock.. And then theres Cronulla! :lol:

Fathead

Bench
I feel f*cking frustrated ! Supporting the eels is without doubt the most frustrating experience of my life.
It is a love/hate relationship. I wish I could leave them, I really do because supporting the team is no good for my health - but like a drug, I just cant kick it.
I would love to support the Broncos, who in my opinion are without doubt the most professional NRL team in the land. There is never an end of new up and coming players coming through and when they are ready - be it 18 or 19 years of age- they play them !!!!
I have tried to support other teams, I dont mind the Warriors to be honest but every spare minute, here I am on these boards, reading all this gossip and following the bloody parramatta eels.
Im a lost cause. I bleed Blue and Gold and even if they bought in divisions in the NRL and we were in 10 th division, playing in front of 20 people, I would be one of those in the crowd.

Last edited: