What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does Rabs still have a job?

adamkungl

Immortal
Did you even bother to read OP's post at all :?

How does talk about his knitting, the wiggles and general inane bullsh*t equivalent to mistakes?

Or maybe his jibberish truly has found its audience of simpletons such as yourself

They aren't mistakes, he genuinely doesn't know. Bit of a difference.

This is all that needs to be said really.

Well past it, but good to see the resident simpletons of LU will support him long into his 90s

carcharias

Immortal
Yeah sack one of the most loved footy commentators ever and replace him
with somebody nobody likes.
You should work for ch 9.

aqua_duck

Coach
He gets them right more than the refs.

Now you're changing the topic. Let's settle the facts before we split opinions, facts are he doesn't do his homework and doesn't really follow what's going on in rugby league these days, he also gets a lot of names wrong, I don't think these 2 points can be debated.
My view is that this is highly unprofessional and he shouldn't continue on if he's no longer a fan of the game, your view is because he's got a recognisable voice all these short comings are forgiven. Correct me if I'm wrong?

carcharias

Immortal
I am not changing anything farkstick.
I am not denying he makes mistakes and at no time have I .
I just don't consider it such a big deal.
It is free to air footy commentary... Who really gives a f**k?
If Goild wasn't baiting him every two seconds he might do a better job.
The bloke is a legend .
Some stupid farker tried to compare him to Benau.
f**k me ... Get Richie in the commentary box for Origin and see how he goes.

My only point was and still is , just like my very first post
"Be careful what you wish for"
IMO there is nobody in line who can do a better unbiased job.
Voss was mentioned , but .. don't you think there is a very good reason why he ain't doing it anymore?

Besides.
I bet my balls more people would rather listen to Rabs than be stuck with any other commentator at the joint.
I also bet my balls that ch 9 realise this.

aqua_duck

Coach
It's free to air commentary so we should settle for a commentator who doesn't do any research, doesn't follow the game and makes mistakes?
Also if you're not changing the topic then why the f**k are you bringing up referees when we're talking about commentators you farkstick

newman

First Grade

Voss was mentioned , but .. don't you think there is a very good reason why he ain't doing it anymore?

Besides.
I bet my balls more people would rather listen to Rabs than be stuck with any other commentator at the joint.

This is the big point. I cant believe the producers of the show let Gould away with this stuff... Particularly on a delayed telecast. Distracting Rabs is a game for Gould.

carcharias

Immortal
It's free to air commentary so we should settle for a commentator who doesn't do any research, doesn't follow the game and makes mistakes?
Also if you're not changing the topic then why the f**k are you bringing up referees when we're talking about commentators you farkstick
You were crying about the experience not being professional enough for you.

I compared Rays "professionalism" to the refs ....the bloody thing he is actually commentating on .

How the f**k is that changing topics.

How ???????

f**k me dead!!!

Mr Saab

Referee
The bloke is a legend .

Besides.

That was me....farkstick.
I thing the comparison is a fair one....Richie is old yet does his research. Rabs likes to complain about hard names to pronounce....FFS....they cant all be Smiths, Browns, Johnsons, and Lewis.
Or during the call says he does not know how to pronoucne Marika Koribete's name. And this from a veteran caller who should know better!

carcharias

Immortal
That was me....farkstick.
I thing the comparison is a fair one....Richie is old yet does his research. Rabs likes to complain about hard names to pronounce....FFS....they cant all be Smiths, Browns, Johnsons, and Lewis.
Or during the call says he does not know how to pronoucne Marika Koribete's name. And this from a veteran caller who should know better!

dead set?
Are you really comparing calling a game of rugby league with cricket?

Richie pumps out about 7 words per minute....the pressure must be intense...how does he have a voice left?

FTR
Every single commentator pronounced Pedro's Civoniceva's name wrong his entire career....but hey.

JoeD

First Grade
I love it when he explains a very mundane rule to us all but you know by the tone of his voice he's really just saying it out loud to get confirmation from one of the others that it is correct.

Mr Saab

Referee
dead set?
Are you really comparing calling a game of rugby league with cricket?

Richie pumps out about 7 words per minute....the pressure must be intense...how does he have a voice left?

FTR
Every single commentator pronounced Pedro's Civoniceva's name wrong his entire career....but hey.

When a commentator ON AIR complains about how hard names are to pronounce or names are getting harder....then "dead set" that is a poor effort.
I dont have a major problem with his calling itself (except when he goes on tangent and talks about utter crap with Gus).

Brutus

Referee
Andrew Voss is a much better caller than Rabs.

Rabs is hopeless, but he is one of the boys so he can't be touched.

firechild

First Grade

A reason, yes. A good reason, no.

Channel 9 is a boys club and after Vossy joked about Rabs' statue not looking like him he was excluded from the club. There was no professional reason why Voss was pushed out. He was the next logical choice to take over from Rabs and he was working his way up and doing a very good job of it with his commentary as well as the Sunday Roast and bits on the Footy Show.

carcharias

Immortal
Listen to the second game on Friday nights.
The game without Rabs....that is the what you will end up with .
The Wally and Hadley depression fest.

Vossy is for some reason out of favour.
I can't see that changing....ever.
Somebody high up must hate him, ( Ask Hadley and Gyng about the statue ) but I suppose he has a contract...and I assume he is gonna stay to the death out of spite.

So don't get your hopes up for Voss.

firechild

First Grade
You've just outlined exactly what the problem is. Voss is the best candidate for the job, light years ahead of any other yet because Hadley has so much power, he'll probably never get the job. It simply shows what a joke channel 9 are. With any luck 7 or 10 get the rights for the next contract and their first point of order is to hire Voss as their lead caller.

carcharias

Immortal
It has been common knowledge for yonks...pretty sure Voss went to take Hadley to court ..but it was settled out of court.

That is why I am laughing at the numbski's in here calling for rabs to be sacked and voss given the job.

It won't happen.

Who's left if no Rabs or Voss?

Sterlo? Gould? f**king Freddy ? yee haa...I would actually like that.

firechild

First Grade
Surely there are other candidates? The best commentators (excluding Benaud) are not ex-players. Get a bloke in that can call the games competently, use blokes like Sterlo, Johns and Fittler in their current roles and while they're at it, piss off Lockyer and his raspy voice.

jamesgould

Juniors
Rabs was pondering if Boyd Cordner was a New South Welshman the other day ... thought it was somewhat obvious considering he played City Country this year.

Patorick

Staff member
How does Ray Hadley still have a job?

How does David Morrow still have a job?

How does Warren Ryan still have a job?

How does Ritchie Benaud still have a job?

How does Bob Fulton still have a job?

I could go on.

Latest posts