What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How funny is it for Raiders fans...

nqboy

First Grade
...that Nein, having nominated their FTA games 5 weeks ahead and ignored the Raiders, are left with the winless Tigpies vs the woeful Worms on Friday night followed by the headless Chooks on the Sunday?

Raider_69

Post Whore
shouldnt every club get a fair share of FTA coverage Godz?
wouldnt that be the fair and just thing to do?

And the wins factor can be thrown out, as the chooks have a channel 9 game in that round, not only are they also winless but in far worse shape at this stage then we are

brooksy19

Bench
I'll make it as simple as i can for Raiders fans.

Tigers v Eels will rate.

Canberra v Anyone will NOT rate.

Godz Illa

Coach
But I think we all know that Channel 9 aren't in the business of being fair and just - they are in the business of making money. Canberra don't rate unless they're winning. It's the cold hard truth of it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
brooksy19 said:
I'll make it as simple as i can for Raiders fans.

Tigers v Eels will rate.

Canberra v Anyone will NOT rate.

last time i saw fox figures, canberra rated no better or worse then any other club
i challange you to provide me with proof to contridict that. Infact from memory canberra games often rated ahead of many other games on fox that same weekend

westie

Bench
People watch fox because they are footy fans. The Chn 9 games are far more variable and need to attract the attention of casual fans.

Raider_69

Post Whore
for the record im happy to be corrected, as i go to 90% of raiders games and am getting fox installed soon, so not being on 9 doesnt concern me, but again, please provide some sort of evidence that says channel 9 raiders games dont rate as equally well as any other game?

Tom Shines

First Grade
westie said:
People watch fox because they are footy fans. The Chn 9 games are far more variable and need to attract the attention of casual fans.
Showing Roosters games though is not going to get the attention of casual fans, though.

t-ba

Post Whore
Raider_69 said:
shouldnt every club get a fair share of FTA coverage Godz?
wouldnt that be the fair and just thing to do?

Wouldn't it have been fair of the 1990 Premiership Raiders to have adhered to the Salary Cap? :p

Stranger

Coach
Raider_69 said:
for the record im happy to be corrected, as i go to 90% of raiders games and am getting fox installed soon, so not being on 9 doesnt concern me, but again, please provide some sort of evidence that says channel 9 raiders games dont rate as equally well as any other game?
Im just asking Raider, do you honestly think a team like Canberra would rate the same as Broncs, Dogs, Knights, Melboure and so on?

t-ba

Post Whore
Raider_69 said:
last time i saw fox figures, canberra rated no better or worse then any other club
i challange you to provide me with proof to contridict that. Infact from memory canberra games often rated ahead of many other games on fox that same weekend

I challange you to use an online spell check function ;-).

Nien Execs clearly believe that Canberra does not rate. It's not there job to be a charity, it's the job of the NRL to ensure each club gets relatively equitable coverage when negotiating TV deals.

Raider_69

Post Whore
t-ba said:
Wouldn't it have been fair of the 1990 Premiership Raiders to have adhered to the Salary Cap? :p

go and do some research on the matter, then come back to me :)

Stranger said:
Im just asking Raider, do you honestly think a team like Canberra would rate the same as Broncs, Dogs, Knights, Melboure and so on?

I dont see why not, from my experience we have arguably more support in sydney then we do in canberra, plenty of raiders fans in brisbane aswell, thanks to blokes like mal and badge. Not to mention alot of kiwis follow canberra as a second club to the warriors. I see more raiders jerseys around in my travels then every other club bar tigers, panthers and parramatta.

I dont think we'd rate aswell as the dragons, bulldogs, dragons or broncos, but i do think we'd be well on par with the likes of cronulla, penrith, newcastle, melbourne, warriors, titans, tigers, and just about every other NRL club

T-ba said:
Nien Execs clearly believe that Canberra does not rate. It's not there job to be a charity, it's the job of the NRL to ensure each club gets relatively equitable coverage when negotiating TV deals.

Ive seen no evidence to support this assumed belief of the channel 9 execs... The NRL should be demanding FTA coverage for all clubs and if Channel 9 are that convinced canberra dont rate, then they can public produce figures to back that.

peter_raiders

Juniors
t-ba said:
I challange you to use an online spell check function ;-).

:lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Pete, Nien is a common pun used here for channel 9, who are of course nazi's, hence the nien. But the point still stands, who gives a flying f**k about spelling? As long as the point is clear and concise

griff

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Pete, Nien is a common pun used here for channel 9, who are of course nazi's, hence the nien. But the point still stands, who gives a flying f**k about spelling? As long as the point is clear and concise

er, it's Nein

Godz Illa said:
How many wins do Canberra have?

How many premierships have the Dragons won since you were born holmes?

The fact of the matter is we've had 2 tough games against 2 premiership contenders....and we went pretty well against Melbourne all things considered. Once we take on some of the sh*t teams like Parramatta & The Roosters....we'll be doing aiight.

Peace.

Latest posts