What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How funny is it for Raiders fans...

mattyg

Bench
canberra....meet 5.30pm Saturday Night...5.30pm Saturday Night...meet Canberra. I hope you enjoy each others company

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
We can afford them the odd Saturday 7:30 and some MNF ;-) :lol:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Aside from the clowns who have taken and obvious oppertunity to lay sh*t on Canberra fans, does anyone with an honest opinion think this is reasonable of Channel 9?

I'm also curious to know if the Warriors are still being blacked out by the network even though they look the goods this year?

Raider_69

Post Whore
mattyg said:
canberra....meet 5.30pm Saturday Night...5.30pm Saturday Night...meet Canberra. I hope you enjoy each others company

i see despite my offer, you are still without a clue, i understand that accepting charity money for such a thing might be hard to accept, so being a gentleman that i am, if you pass through you measurements ill search ebay and see if i can pick you out a second hand one up cheap. I hear Debnam will be selling his shortly since the short sighted NSW public elected to stick with Delimma, rather then get a lib in to fix Carr's mess

Stranger

Coach
Raider_69 said:
I dont see why not, from my experience we have arguably more support in sydney then we do in canberra, plenty of raiders fans in brisbane aswell, thanks to blokes like mal and badge. Not to mention alot of kiwis follow canberra as a second club to the warriors. I see more raiders jerseys around in my travels then every other club bar tigers, panthers and parramatta.

I dont think we'd rate aswell as the dragons, bulldogs, dragons or broncos, but i do think we'd be well on par with the likes of cronulla, penrith, newcastle, melbourne, warriors, titans, tigers, and just about every other NRL club
Speaking of my part, i rarely see a canberra jersey around. And no i do not live in Newcastle.

Currently, i would struggle to believe that Canberra could rate aswell as Melbourne, Newcastle, Tigers, Bulldogs, Dragons, Broncos.

IMO, Canberra will begin to rate when they win games, and after Elliot employed the most boring game plan ever, its no wonder Canberra don't have a FTA TV game.
Canberra have some exciting talent being produced, when the start to make a name for themselves they will get TV games. Channle 9 is a buisness and they need the best games for TV ratings. A game like Newcastle Dragons will rate alot better over Canberra Storm, surely you can't deny that?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Stranger said:
Speaking of my part, i rarely see a canberra jersey around. And no i do not live in Newcastle.

Currently, i would struggle to believe that Canberra could rate aswell as Melbourne, Newcastle, Tigers, Bulldogs, Dragons, Broncos.

IMO, Canberra will begin to rate when they win games, and after Elliot employed the most boring game plan ever, its no wonder Canberra don't have a FTA TV game.
Canberra have some exciting talent being produced, when the start to make a name for themselves they will get TV games. Channle 9 is a buisness and they need the best games for TV ratings. A game like Newcastle Dragons will rate alot better over Canberra Storm, surely you can't deny that?

of course it would, its a known fact the dragons rate through their arses for channel 9 (as they should, they plug them enough!) and besides we're not complaining about being over looked for a saints and knights game, nor even a melbourne and broncos... We are being over looked and have been for YEARS for games which imo have little to no more pulling power then our games nor the quality of football any better or worse.

TBH this is not about round 6-7 this year, frankly i dont blame them, but this is not a 2007 issue, this has been a long held agenda by channel 9 for some time, its seen right throughout their programming with exceptions of boots and all which seemed to give us a fair go, but the rest of the programming on channel nine generally wash over canberra with little more then a quick one liner. And its been happening for years. Its about high time the NRL cracked down on them and demanded fairer coverage for all clubs, not just the channel 9 favourites.

How do you think a young bloke who's perents dont have foxtel can come to support the raiders unless he lives in the immediate area? He cant, infact the poor bastard probably wouldnt even know we exsisted! Poke fun at that statement all you like, lucky kid eh? there ya go, beat ya's too it... facts are this situation is very much real and is unacceptable... its all well and good to have a you beaut pay packet for our TV rights but if they dont further the game as a whole (rather then just NSW) then what good is it?

im yet to see anything offered up that goes even remotely close to proving canberra dont rate on FTA.

The Business

Juniors
nqboy said:
...that Nein, having nominated their FTA games 5 weeks ahead and ignored the Raiders, are left with the winless Tigpies vs the woeful Worms on Friday night followed by the headless Chooks on the Sunday?
The FTA game on Sundays is usually the second rated of the matches on that day.

Round one we had Knights v Bulldogs and last week was Warriros v Broncos. Both these games were better than the FTA match.

This week we have the winless Chooks v Manly.

tiger_nick

Bench
VictorTheViking said:
Two teams, without wins (like us) that are playing even worse than us, go figure?

Even the tigers messiah cant help them at present.
:lol:
umm how arw we playing worse then you when we have playd the same two teams and have 30+ better for and against then you??

tiger_nick

Bench
Raider_69 said:
im yet to see anything offered up that goes even remotely close to proving canberra dont rate on FTA.

look at your tv program for the last 2 weeks, then the next 5. I think thats enough proof there

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
raiduh, with all due respect, and I'm being serious - Canberra need to SERIOUSLY challenge for a premiership for at least a whole season before Channel Nine looks at them. They always got some decent coverage in the early nineties. The saying that you sing when you're winning is true - coverage of the Cowboys in 2004-5-6 is proof of that.

mattyg

Bench
Raider_69 said:
i see despite my offer, you are still without a clue, i understand that accepting charity money for such a thing might be hard to accept, so being a gentleman that i am, if you pass through you measurements ill search ebay and see if i can pick you out a second hand one up cheap. I hear Debnam will be selling his shortly since the short sighted NSW public elected to stick with Delimma, rather then get a lib in to fix Carr's mess

At least you think that you're funny.

Timbo

Staff member
I just dont see why as part of the agreement the NRL didn't stipulate that every club needs to be afforded X amount of FTA games.

I'm a Raiders fan through and through, but I have Fox so I see us every week which is great. However what about the fans that dont? The NRL should be doing their bit to ensure every fan gets to see their club.

The NRL by allowing nine to dominate the airwaves with certain clubs is not doing the right thing by clubs such as the Raiders.

I've made this point in other threads but I'll do it again here. There are 25 rounds in a season, 3 FTA games per week. 75 games on FTA, each featuring 2 clubs. That's 150 slots on FTA. If the NRL garunteed that every club had, say, 5 FTA games per season, that's still only 80 slots taken. That leaves 70 slots (or 35 games) which can be given to the better performing or higher rating clubs, but still gives everyone a slice of the pie.

bluesbreaker

Bench
How about moving f**king footy off of foxsports 3. Bloody dorm doesn't have it of course. No footy for me this year :(

tiger_nick said:
:lol:
umm how arw we playing worse then you when we have playd the same two teams and have 30+ better for and against then you??

You played an understrength manly, and did absolutely nothing.
You played a dragons outfit with a few debutants, and did nothing.

We played a near full strength manly side, and got beaten by a bit
We played a full strength melbourne team and were the better side for a fair part of that game.

I cant wait to see your rabble up against someone like melbourne or the warriors.