What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How funny is it for Raiders fans...

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I'd love to think that winning matches makes a difference but thinking back to 2003 when the Raiders went until round 9 undefeated, we didn't get a FTA game until round 12 and waited until round 21 for the next one even though we were in the top 4 all season.

tiger_nick

Bench
VictorTheViking said:
You played an understrength manly, and did absolutely nothing.
You played a dragons outfit with a few debutants, and did nothing.

We played a near full strength manly side, and got beaten by a bit
We played a full strength melbourne team and were the better side for a fair part of that game.

I cant wait to see your rabble up against someone like melbourne or the warriors.

:lol::lol::lol:

THERE WE HAVE IT!

WE PLAYED THE STORM LAST WEEK YOU F*CKING MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND WE ONLY LOST BY 2 AT THEIR HOME GROUND HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

DICKHEAD! DICKHEAD! DICKEAD!

Im glad to see your on the ball Tiger Nick....yeah, I f**ked up there, but im not going to apologise, because we still put up a better fight against them than you did :)

Simon, when do the Tigers and Raiders play??

mattyg

Bench
VictorTheViking said:

We played a full strength melbourne team and were the better side for a fair part of that game.

I cant wait to see your rabble up against someone like melbourne or the warriors.

:lol: Absolutely NFI.

Balmain_Boy

Wow, clueless.

No surprise though, only a clueless idiot would take the mickey out of a team for winning a premiership two years ago.

Eelementary

Post Whore
nqboy said:
...that Nein, having nominated their FTA games 5 weeks ahead and ignored the Raiders, are left with the winless Tigpies vs the woeful Worms on Friday night followed by the headless Chooks on the Sunday?

Nice. That crystal ball have the lotto numbers, too?

It may well end up being a disastrous match of footy.

Or, and this is likely, it could well end up being a spectacle - two Western Sydney clubs, winless thus far, going head-to-head for their first competition points of 2007; one club having cut their 5/8, who subsequently signed with their opponents on Friday night (who undoubtedly will have a point to prove).

And the "Woeful worms" term is just brilliant. I'm sure you and your crayons must have been very proud when the words were finally formed on paper.

Balmain_Boy said:
Wow, clueless.

No surprise though, only a clueless idiot would take the mickey out of a team for winning a premiership two years ago.

I havent taken the mickey out of you for winning it 2 years ago, more so for the fact that you have done f**k all since.

And just to set the record straight, yeah I f**ked up before.

And as for being clueless, well, have a look over the last two pages and tell me who is the one calling people idiots and so on??

Spike

First Grade
Canberra should be on free to air TV. It would be good publicity for Channel 9 to support such a charity case.

Spike said:
Canberra should be on free to air TV. It would be good publicity for Channel 9 to support such a charity case.

They're all for promoting the game, why not promote it in canberra??? The media circus that is sydney seems hellbent on publishing nothing but rubbish, why cant the nrl help advertise the game in canberra??

After all, they were happy to help the dragons keep gasnier, and were only to happy to offer assistance to the bulldogs with sonny bill (if they needed it).

skeepe

Immortal
Timmah said:
raiduh, with all due respect, and I'm being serious - Canberra need to SERIOUSLY challenge for a premiership for at least a whole season before Channel Nine looks at them. They always got some decent coverage in the early nineties. The saying that you sing when you're winning is true - coverage of the Cowboys in 2004-5-6 is proof of that.

2003 not good enough for you? Leading the competition for almost the entire first half of the season, and never out of the top 4 all year?

How many games on FTA did we get that year? Hmm.... was it 2? I think it was. Can you imagine the uproar if a Sydney team was in the top 4 all season and only got 2 FTA matches?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
raiduh, with all due respect, and I'm being serious - Canberra need to SERIOUSLY challenge for a premiership for at least a whole season before Channel Nine looks at them. They always got some decent coverage in the early nineties. The saying that you sing when you're winning is true - coverage of the Cowboys in 2004-5-6 is proof of that.
Read the bold bit ;-)

Raider Azz

Bench
Timmah said:
Read the bold bit ;-)
how was '03 not a serious challenge? in the top 4 all year (at least a WHOLE SEASON), knocked out of the semi's by a single field goal. still only 2 FTA games.

simon says

First Grade
I think it was more the style of play the Raiders had, than there position that ensured they didnt get many TV games.

By your own admission u blokes have played a very up the middle type of game.....when compared to a lot of other teams who really can razzle dazzle,the Raiders havent made really good TV by example.

Rather than blame the media,I would look inward.Im sure if the Raiders start playing some exciting footy,then they will jag a few free to air gigs.

Until this happens.......fox is it.

tiger_nick

Bench
VictorTheViking said:
After all, they were happy to help the dragons keep gasnier, and were only to happy to offer assistance to the bulldogs with sonny bill (if they needed it).

hmm good point..however i'm sure the next time theres a multi million dolar battle between the raiders and aru over the likes of david howell and lincoln withers the nrl will step in.

Stranger

Coach
Raider_69 said:
of course it would, its a known fact the dragons rate through their arses for channel 9 (as they should, they plug them enough!) and besides we're not complaining about being over looked for a saints and knights game, nor even a melbourne and broncos... We are being over looked and have been for YEARS for games which imo have little to no more pulling power then our games nor the quality of football any better or worse.
Nein is supposed to be picking the best games, as the ones that rate the best. Currently, Canberra don't deserve to be in one of those games. They want ratings, and the only way to ensure that is to have the best games on. Canberra aren't up there in terms of playing ability, big names and victories to their name. Face it, they aren't setting the world on fire, infact most people are still gobsmacked about the boring style of play that canberra have used.
Take the chooks for example, 2001-2005 they were on FTA a f**king lot. Now, where are they?

Balmain_Boy

VictorTheViking said:
I havent taken the mickey out of you for winning it 2 years ago, more so for the fact that you have done f**k all since.
I'm aware of your point.

I just think it's pretty pathetic. It amounts to, "The TIgers are sh*t because they won the premiership the season before last and haven't done anything since". It's certainly not something I or I'm sure any other Tigers' fans are ashamed of. Thus a stupid signature.

And as for being clueless, well, have a look over the last two pages and tell me who is the one calling people idiots and so on??
How does me calling you an idiot make me clueless? I'd say it makes me bang on.

Shorty

Staff member
Timmah is right though,the Raiders have to really challenge for a couple of seasons before Nein takes any notice.
That or do a Rabbitohs and buy a whole new star-studded team that is known throughout instead of just by Raider fans.

Nein are a television company,they want ratings...so even if Newcastle/Broncos/Bulldogs/Dragons are at the bottom of the table,the games will still be shown.

God-King Dean

Immortal
VictorTheViking said:

Can I buy a $50 bro ?

Raider_69

Post Whore
mattyg said:
At least you think that you're funny.

who said anything about being funny, im dead serious, you're a clueless twat, and im willing to shell out to help you become a valuable contributor here at LU

Timmah said:

piss off you f**king idiot, when was the last time souths or the roosters really challanged for a NRL comp? How about the sharks? Penrith havnt been good for 4 odd years? The warriors the same boat...
Its nothing to do with challanging for the title.

tiger_nick said:
look at your tv program for the last 2 weeks, then the next 5. I think thats enough proof there

I said proof, not the rambling of a fool with himself in his left hand and his mouse in his right