What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How good was Glen Black

ozbash

Referee
That was the 2nd best reffing performance i,ve seen this year after Russ Smith at Albany Aus v NZ.

A good 10
Consistent play the balls
Listened to his touchies.

Well done Glen :clap:
NRL this year ?,, I mean, its the next step up isnt it ?

ali

Bench
I thought he was excellent and had a large say in turning that game into an excellent spectacle. For the good of International footy, he needs to be reffing full time in the NRL next year. It would also be good to see another Kiwi given a shot at the NRl and the odd Frenchman given a crack at Super League. We need more neutral refs.

mickdo

Coach
7-2 penalty count? Gotta be kidding me. He listened to the crowd way too much and made a stack of errors.

Meh he shits on tim mander, mander is a loss who is bias as fudge and frankly cant reff. Its pathetic when a relative uknown such as black can reff better then mander, apparantly our top ref. Its a joke, we have a right to hate refs in aus cause they are so dam crap.

Eelectrica

Referee
He did a lot better job than many current NRL ref's. Hopefully he referee's in the NRL.
Assuming that he want's to go that direction.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Wasn't happy at all...GB and Morely in particular were going high all game. But it was a mile better than his original performance. He also didn't know the meaning of an "obstruction".

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Wasn't happy at all...GB and Morely in particular were going high all game. But it was a mile better than his original performance. He also didn't know the meaning of an "obstruction".

lockyno1

Post Whore
7-2 penalty count? Gotta be kidding me. He listened to the crowd way too much and made a stack of errors.

I was about to say that! He was better than his first game but he is still hopeless, he needs to look at the definition of an obstruction :roll:

carlnz

Bench
lockyno1 said:

I was about to say that! He was better than his first game but he is still hopeless, he needs to look at the definition of an obstruction :roll:

Gee someone is bitter :roll: :roll:

gaterooze

Bench
I actually like his interpretation of the obstruction rule -- too often it is called up when it has zero effect on the play. None of the "almosts" in that game would have changed anything, so I say let 'em go.

yakstorm

First Grade
Glen Blacks biggest problem in terms of how many Australian's view him is that the INTERNATIONAL rules for dominant tackles and obstruction are DIFFERENT from those played in the NRL.

He had no affect on the result, the team which took advantage of their oppotunities the most won, so his performance is fine.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
It wasnt his best game, but I must say he handled the fight incident very well. Still did alright in the end.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
carlnz said:
lockyno1 said:

Gee someone is bitter :roll: :roll:

Well, what do you expect. :lol:

CantyBull

Juniors
i thought that glen went actually quite well

from what he was saying before he left is that he rekcons, at 38, he is too old to give the NRL a crack.
but in my opinion, why the hell not???

opinions of the game, ozzie and GB forwards pretty evenly matched, but when oz get lockyer back i reckon that they will win.

as for the fight, fitzgibbon is a clown. he punches one of GBs best, probably 79 minutes too late, if anything.
then he comes off worst in the exchange after starting on top. i just scratched my head to be honest.

tex

Juniors
What's with all the holding down, Australia? When you watch the NRL the ruck area is quick and tidy with players knowing that they have to get off sharpish. During this series though, Australia have been lying on all over the place and constantly trying to slow it down. Yet this was expected of GB. It's been a really disappointing aspect of Australia's play. The penalty count in GB's favour was spot on as Australia frequently tried to spoil.

Surandy

Bench
CC_Eagle said:

Going high? How many times did Brett Kimmorley go high? How many GB got facials from Noddy and other Aussies?

I don't think his reffing was the best, but it was no worse than the best refs the NRL has to offer.

kevin crouthers

Juniors
CC_Eagle said:
Wasn't happy at all...GB and KIMMorely in particular were going high all game. But it was a mile better than his original performance. He also didn't know the meaning of an "obstruction".

i know someone else has already said it but i've fixed your typo there.

bartman

Immortal
Glen Black was fine. No decisions had an influence of the match result.

Thought any questionable calls went both ways - ie you could see he was consistent with rulings throughout the game. (ie Letting high shots go - and none of them were really hard or clean high shots).

Give him the Final as well.