What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many have come over.

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
Hi, guys/gals,:nwave:
I'm a regular reader of this forum and must say I enjoy reading everyone opinions, some I agree with some I don't but if everyone agreed why have a forum.
But I'm was just wondering since our Eels forum has been down for quite a while now having maintainance done, how many of the people from there have jumped over to his one.
I am one, I am known as "Eels R No.1".
I really miss all the old friends from the other forum and am always wondering if some of them are here under another name.

Eelectrica

Referee
Jumped the first time the 'official' Forums went down all those years ago when Hadley had a cry, and the forums went from real time to having someone judge each post before it went public.

I still remember the forum's at the time were never really 'up' on weekends - when the frickin' games are on FFS.

dazeely

First Grade
Belly in Brisvegas said:
i can't even remember when i came over...maybe 2003.

agree daz....never looked back.

this is where it is at

from memory you were around Sept 2003.

hey brother I know your only testing everyone out but have a look up in the top right corner of your posts re the joining date. I won't tell anyone you had a blonde moment. You must have been hanging with Peej too long the other night ;-)

dazeely said:
from memory you were around Sept 2003.

hey brother I know your only testing everyone out but have a look up in the top right corner of your posts re the joining date. I won't tell anyone you had a blonde moment. You must have been hanging with Peej too long the other night ;-)

:lol: mate i am like matty hayden...never look up at the scoreboard to see how many i am on!!!

Glenn

First Grade
About the time moderation came in there, very hard to discuss a live match over the weekend when no one is there to mod the posts.

Parra Guru

Coach
I joined in 03 but became a regular poster in 05. I got sick of the official board and the moderation.

But some read and post on both which is cool :thumb

Nikki

Coach
Hahaha.. Yeah, I think there was an agenda when it came to myself over on the official forums. Needless to say I am more than happy here. Even if I have met some absolute idiots.. I guess you cant help bad luck :lol: :lol: :lol:

:ls:

LissaNicho

Juniors
Parra R 4 Me said:
I am one, I am known as "Eels R No.1".

Hello!!!
I was just thinking about you the other weekend, wondering whether you and Junior had made it to the Rabbitohs match? If so, I hope you had a WONDERFUL time!:D How did Junior's baseball GF go?

Snoweel is here under the name 'Poupou Escobar' :)roll: ). Spidey is too. Hippy just lurks.

Jono, I wondered if that was you! Is DenWatts the same DenWatts?

Parra Guru

Coach
Nikki said:
Hahaha.. Yeah, I think there was an agenda when it came to myself over on the official forums. Needless to say I am more than happy here. Even if I have met some absolute idiots.. I guess you cant help bad luck :lol:

:ls:

:(

:lol:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Hi Parra R 4 Me.

I used to post on the official forum as Maroubra Eel. Now I just go by Maroubra Eel. In 2003 I moved over like many others.

goboggo

Juniors
Ha! I've been lurking.

It has been a constant battle for me to not get involved in the debates. I'm up to step 3 in overcoming my forum addiction.

Whoops.. step 2.

Personally I think both forums are lacking. The moderation on the official site is a bummer at times, and this site is too slow at times, and too demanding to sign up to (if you still can't use a free email account that is).

Nothing comes close to the Sydney FC unoffical forums, which is where I've been spending some time (ok ok i never made it to step 3!!)

We need a new one, where members of both sites can get along in blissfull harmony.

bartman

Immortal
Welcome Parra R 4 Me (Eels R No 1), Jono, Lissa and Snow (Poupou), and the famous Goboggo.

I thinks it's great that people who want to can use a range of sites, or people can make choices about where they prefer to spend time - provided the choices are available at the time...

The one thing that unites us is being Parra fans, even though we may all disagree about aspects of that at times. We've all got our reasons for coming here be it now, or previously. No point in labelling people as "LU people" or "official board people", it's just about where people feel comfortable for their own reasons and choices.

I agree with you guys it would have been nice for you to get to put the word out to others who prefer the official board before it went down, to come and join you for a while over here, if they haven't lurked or didn't know... there's room for everyone in the big Parra family, as long as you can stand passion and disagreements and learn not to take things personally.

Latest posts