What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many have come over.

bartman

Immortal
yy_cheng said:
Why is it slow?
Depends on people's connection I think YY. Don't forget the version of broadband you and I have run probably rings around what is available back home? And many people are on dial-up or slow work connections.

Goboggo, if you think it's all the images/sigs etc are slowing your connection here compared to what you're used to at official forum, you can:

- go to User CP (top left in blue bar, just below the thread title navigation)
- click edit options
- scroll to thread display options
- uncheck show signatures, show avatars, and/or show images, if you so desire
- scroll down and click save changes at the bottom

Bourbon Man

Juniors
goboggo said:
Ha! I've been lurking.

It has been a constant battle for me to not get involved in the debates. I'm up to step 3 in overcoming my forum addiction.

Whoops.. step 2.

Personally I think both forums are lacking. The moderation on the official site is a bummer at times, and this site is too slow at times, and too demanding to sign up to (if you still can't use a free email account that is).

Nothing comes close to the Sydney FC unoffical forums, which is where I've been spending some time (ok ok i never made it to step 3!!)

We need a new one, where members of both sites can get along in blissfull harmony.
Hey GB!

Well, it may surprise many but I too lurk! Never been game to post considering the criticism I have leveled on this forum as a whole! Must say though, it's been painful not having an 'outlet'!

I agree with you re both forums though - it is good that this forum is always up-to-date, but bad insofaras 90% of what is posted here is irrelevant rubbish!

Must say, I miss some of the more colourful characters! I even find myself searching for posts by jayjayselmes :shock:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bourbon Man said:
I agree with you re both forums though - it is good that this forum is always up-to-date, but bad insofaras 90% of what is posted here is irrelevant rubbish!

On behalf of all members of the LU forum, We sincerely apologise for talking football

Bourbon Man said:
Must say, I miss some of the more colourful characters! I even find myself searching for posts by jayjayselmes :shock:

Small things amuse small minds.

btw, welcome BM hope you enjoy your stay.;-)

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
LissaNicho said:
Hello!!!
I was just thinking about you the other weekend, wondering whether you and Junior had made it to the Rabbitohs match? If so, I hope you had a WONDERFUL time!:D How did Junior's baseball GF go?

Snoweel is here under the name 'Poupou Escobar' :)roll: ). Spidey is too. Hippy just lurks.

Jono, I wondered if that was you! Is DenWatts the same DenWatts?

Hello Lissa,
Yes Sean and I did get down to Parra and watch the Parra/Souths game and Sean got to meet Dean Widders.
We had a great time, because we had to wait so long for Dean after the game he made sure we didn't miss out on meeting some of the Eels players that were still at the stadium. So Sean also got to meet both Hindy's, Inu, Cordaba and a few others. Sean was in his elements, and must admit I was too.
We just loved the stadium, we were only 7 rows back from the fence, and I said to Sean if Jarryd comes near the fence you better hold me back as I will grab him and take him home, but playing fullback he wasn't near us much :(:(:(.
When we got back to Brisbane I said to hubby we all will be driving down next year and all going to the Stadium.
Hellsy contacted me to catch up but unfortunely we missed each other, we did chat on the phone for a short time while we were waiting for Dean in the official area and she had to go. So when we come down next year I hope I can catch up with quite a few fellow supporters back at the Leagues club for a drink.
Also YES Sean did win his baseball grand final 17-3

and before I go a BIG HELLO TO EVERYONE WHO HAVE COME OVER and Hippy why don't you post something I'm sure everyone will appreciate your sparkles signs.

eelz47

Coach
Nikki said:
Hahaha.. Yeah, I think there was an agenda when it came to myself over on the official forums. Needless to say I am more than happy here. Even if I have met some absolute idiots.. I guess you cant help bad luck

:ls:

double oiiiii

we meet on the outside before i knew what a computer was, and even back then you used to laugh at me:fist: :fist:

and i never really bothered over there, cause when i signed up it said press "any" key but couldnt find it. so i mossied(spl) over here:D

yy_cheng

Coach
Parra R 4 Me said:
Hello Lissa,
Yes Sean and I did get down to Parra and watch the Parra/Souths game and Sean got to meet Dean Widders.
We had a great time, because we had to wait so long for Dean after the game he made sure we didn't miss out on meeting some of the Eels players that were still at the stadium. So Sean also got to meet both Hindy's, Inu, Cordaba and a few others. Sean was in his elements, and must admit I was too.
We just loved the stadium, we were only 7 rows back from the fence, and I said to Sean if Jarryd comes near the fence you better hold me back as I will grab him and take him home, but playing fullback he wasn't near us much :(:(:(.
When we got back to Brisbane I said to hubby we all will be driving down next year and all going to the Stadium.
Hellsy contacted me to catch up but unfortunely we missed each other, we did chat on the phone for a short time while we were waiting for Dean in the official area and she had to go. So when we come down next year I hope I can catch up with quite a few fellow supporters back at the Leagues club for a drink.
Also YES Sean did win his baseball grand final 17-3

and before I go a BIG HELLO TO EVERYONE WHO HAVE COME OVER and Hippy why don't you post something I'm sure everyone will appreciate your sparkles signs.

hi paara r 4 me, are u the mum who's boy did a project on deano? when i saw that, i think i was the one who first suggested that you send it to him.

anyhow, welcome aboard!

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
i just joined this year, its a good forum. some people with weird thoughts and some with great thoughts. Always a good place to come and see whats happening in the world of rugby league

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
yy_cheng said:
hi paara r 4 me, are u the mum who's boy did a project on deano? when i saw that, i think i was the one who first suggested that you send it to him.

anyhow, welcome aboard!

Yes that's me, and yes I think you where the one who made the suggestion and all because of you and everyone who help Sean with his project he got to meet his idol. Dean is such a great person, he asked Sean if it was O.K for him to call Sean a friend, Sean was just rapped and said YES. He is still telling people about the day he meet Dean Widders.
When he returned to school on the Tuesday, everyone was asking him what was it like to meet Dean, even the teachers were asking about it. His teacher wanted him to get up in front of the class to tell everyone about his weekend trip to Sydney, Parra Stadium and meeting Dean Widders, but being shy, he wouldn't do it.
Dean also told Sean along with the photo's Sean had sent him, he also took photo's of the project and has them on his office wall and desk at work and is proud to show people the work his friend had done on him. It was wonderful to see the smile on Sean's face along with the red cheeks from being embrassed.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
welcome everyone - i vacated the official forum, when on one stormy day, i replied to every single thread on the front page, and not one of my posts was accepted.

then i went into the furthest reaches of the large empty mass that is cyberspace for a few months, i lived with monks, meditated, and i tried to find 'myself', until one day a lovely man named Twizzle found me, picked me up, dusted me off and directed me to the place i now consider home... LU :ls:

Eelectrica

Referee
JessEel said:
welcome everyone - i vacated the official forum, when on one stormy day, i replied to every single thread on the front page, and not one of my posts was accepted.
Yeah, that was the trigger for me leaving the official forum as well.
I didn't think I posted anything too offensive. Guess I was wrong.

JessEel

me either, but i must be a very offensive woman without knowing it :lol:

the best bit was, when i got really frustrated and posted a 3 paragraph epic rant about how nothing i say gets posted and how bullsh*t the forum was and :blahb:

and the prick posted that! #-o and he allowed everyone's replies when they all had a shot at me for whinging #-o

i was outttttttta there!

Eelectrica

Referee
JessEel said:
me either, but i must be a very offensive woman without knowing it :lol:

the best bit was, when i got really frustrated and posted a 3 paragraph epic rant about how nothing i say gets posted and how bullsh*t the forum was and :blahb:

and the prick posted that! and he allowed everyone's replies when they all had a shot at me for whinging #-o

i was outttttttta there!
:lol:
Down with evil moderators :fist:

CrazyEel

Bench
JessEel said:
me either, but i must be a very offensive woman without knowing it

and the prick posted that! #-o and he allowed everyone's replies when they all had a shot at me for whinging #-o

i was outttttttta there!
:lol: Aint that always the way of it :lol:

goboggo

Juniors
Bourbon Man said:
Hey GB!

Well, it may surprise many but I too lurk! Never been game to post considering the criticism I have leveled on this forum as a whole! Must say though, it's been painful not having an 'outlet'!

Hey mate.

Jayjay cracks me up on both forums. Certainly not one to lurk or hide his feelings :D

yy_cheng

Coach
Parra R 4 Me said:
Yes that's me, and yes I think you where the one who made the suggestion and all because of you and everyone who help Sean with his project he got to meet his idol. Dean is such a great person, he asked Sean if it was O.K for him to call Sean a friend, Sean was just rapped and said YES. He is still telling people about the day he meet Dean Widders.
When he returned to school on the Tuesday, everyone was asking him what was it like to meet Dean, even the teachers were asking about it. His teacher wanted him to get up in front of the class to tell everyone about his weekend trip to Sydney, Parra Stadium and meeting Dean Widders, but being shy, he wouldn't do it.
Dean also told Sean along with the photo's Sean had sent him, he also took photo's of the project and has them on his office wall and desk at work and is proud to show people the work his friend had done on him. It was wonderful to see the smile on Sean's face along with the red cheeks from being embrassed.

It was one of the best reads on any forum that I belong to.

It touched my heart as Deano was my favourite Parra player. Although he has left parra, I was so happy he got a big contract at Souths. Although money isn't everything, but money and resources in the right hands (like Deano), you are guaranteed that someone out there who needs it, will benefit from it.

Good luck to Sean as he sounds like a very good boy.

goboggo

Juniors
bartman said:
Depends on people's connection I think YY. Don't forget the version of broadband you and I have run probably rings around what is available back home? And many people are on dial-up or slow work connections.

Goboggo, if you think it's all the images/sigs etc are slowing your connection here compared to what you're used to at official forum, you can:

- go to User CP (top left in blue bar, just below the thread title navigation)
- click edit options
- scroll to thread display options
- uncheck show signatures, show avatars, and/or show images, if you so desire
- scroll down and click save changes at the bottom

Cheers mate I'll try that.

Still, I have a very fast connection (especially considering the current Australian government is run by a dinosaur - there's one for you Pou-pou ;-) ), but I just don't think the site is that great.

Don't get me wrong, it's adequate, but the Sydney FC Unofficial one is always super-quick even though there are tonnes of people on it, you can have avatars etc, whereas this one is a bit slower, and sometimes slows down ridiculously.

That's not my only beef - I really dig the layout and style of the SFCU forum. It is like the Dragons Army forum in that it is split into sections - Sydney FC, World Football, Australian football, random stuff etc, so you can have your political and/or silly discussion (often the same thing :D ) and not annoy those who want to talk football. When I saw the Dragons Army I didn't like how it was spread out because I thought it took away from the randomness of it all. But after seeeing the SFC one I realise it was just because the Dragons Army people just aren't very exciting or funny!!

Tbh, the official site has been down for a LONG time. The SFCU forums went down, and the dude - who has a full-time job - got a temp site going while they found another program/server/whatever to handle the traffic. The Eels site is taking forever.

All in all there are good and bad things about both forums.

Oh, and Jess I think the mod might have relaxed a bit since then! A few people have battled with him and he seems to let a lot of stuff pass now, as long as you work up some kind of understanding with him.

JessEel

nah im sweet - im happy here, and i get all the info i need

between LU, Facebook and myspace - i really don't need ANOTHER distraction to keep me from working! :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
no need to diss the official site here

if you have a problem with them, take it up with them

Latest posts