What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many have come over.

Also I would like to say Hi to everyone coming over from the official board, It is nice to see you, I hope we can see you guys coming up with some of you great and incisive comments into the club that I enjoyed when reading the other board. (I am not being a smart arse here, I am being honest and I hope that you will dive right into the conversation)

hippy

Juniors
Hi Goboggo!!

As I said it is really nice to read your posts again! I have missed them!!

I hope everything is well! :)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
goboggo said:
ok, I understand the reasoning, but I think the mods should wait to see how the conversation pans out. That's really their job, not cutting off all comment in case it gets nasty. It's all been pretty civil, don't you think?

It's a thread about who has come over, I made some comparisons. It's hardly looked like turning into a slanging match.

Hi Hippy!!

you're probably right but when we get a heap of newbies here its easier to "train" them as soon as they get here rather than wait till there is a probem before we have to put the fire out

its a judgement call and we are human and dont always get it right

we can't always wait and see baecause we all have jobs and we're not online 24/7 so it easier sometimes to nip things in the bud, again its a judgement call

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
hippy said:
Hi Goboggo!!

As I said it is really nice to read your posts again! I have missed them!!

I hope everything is well! :)

hi and welcome hippy :nwave:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
also forgot to mention,

the Eels forum here at LU is by far the biggest forum and its only just behind the NRL forum in the number of posts, yet for some reason its the easiest forum to manage

we seem to be the best behaved supported here at LU

goboggo

Juniors
Twizzle said:
basically what has happened in the past is that people get banned form other sites and use this place to air their grevences and thats not what this place is about, we prefer to talk footy

Hey, we're not all jayjays ;-)

goboggo

Juniors
p.s was that defamatory?

"Now, in the case of the L.U forums vs Jayjayselmes, we find the defendent Guilty. Punishment will be a season ticket next to Jayjay for the next 5 seasons, or whenever Tim Smith leaves the Eels, whichever comes first."

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
goboggo said:
p.s was that defamatory?

"Now, in the case of the L.U forums vs Jayjayselmes, we find the defendent Guilty. Punishment will be a season ticket next to Jayjay for the next 5 seasons, or whenever Tim Smith leaves the Eels, whichever comes first."

The person you mentioned has been diciplined for hurling excessive amounts of obsentities and abuse at people who dont agree with him and it is clearly a breach of forum guidlines (as distinct from expressing an opinion).

MEMBERS ATTACKING OTHER MEMBERS
If one member is being excessively abusive to another member, then deletions of post(s) may be warranted. These are posts which are personally offensive or excessive or are in some way, personally threatening.
This also include posts from 'impersonators' who take up similar names to other members or public persons in an effort to humiliate (Naturally, this does not include members who wish to have the same name as their sporting hero).
The examples of this have been evident with names of some members being changed slightly to mislead the reader in believing that they reading the view of another member.
It is possible for Admin to place these imposter names on a 'disallowed' name list.

I must admit this has now stopped.

Junior 5

Juniors
For the people who know me from Parra Forum, I'm only 10 and have become a great Eels supporter and I just want to say a big HELLO to all my friends who have come over from the official forum and my new friends on this forum.
I am really hoping (no I know) that Parra will be the premiers in 2007 - GO PARRA

Redback71

First Grade
i came over yonks ago. how like does it take to do maintenance on a stupid site anyway. is it just an excuse or are they all a bunch of counsel workers

bartman

Immortal
Ah, software can be a tricky and complicated thing, especially for someone who doesn;t spend their days/career trying to deal with it. Happy to cut the Official Boards some slack on this, and am sure they'll be back in due course.

Meanwhile welcome Hippy, glad to see your sparkles here, and Junior 5, great to have a 10 year old such an active Parra fan!

bartman

Immortal
Twizzle said:
also forgot to mention,

the Eels forum here at LU is by far the biggest forum and its only just behind the NRL forum in the number of posts, yet for some reason its the easiest forum to manage

we seem to be the best behaved supported here at LU
Very good point Twizz. Congrats to everyone here and to the Eels mods on that.

spiderdan

Bench
some of the old crew are here!

hello, konichiwa, dobar dan, ola, guten tag, kalimera, nanoo and ni hao ma!

i find this the same as the official board. you'll get some good info, there'll be a few in-crowds and there'll be some crap as well.

i guess my only problem with the official board was the moderation but it's understandable why it's there. it just sometimes gets frustrating when i get some news i want to put up and i can't get it on in real time (good friday was an example). other than that it's good.

for the record i've met some good people from both boards who all have the common element of being parra fans.

anyhoo i'll be at the game tomorrow, probably be at the leagues club by 10 or 11. if anyone wants to catch up for a drink and talk trash, page me (do they have a pa system in the club? surely???).

Latest posts