What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many tickets sold?

JK

The thing that gets me is the people who can't go to one of the other 5 days of the cricket if they are poor sookums who can't handle a big day out.

southsman

Juniors
I think the crowd is positive seeing that we are a small sport at the international level. We will continue to grow our sport internationally. I wouldn't be suprised of a crowd upwards of 35 000 which is good effort. Would like us to beat brisbane's mark but oh well.

lockyno1

Post Whore
***MH*** said:
  • You can watch the Cricket on TV.
  • You'd be at the SCG longer so you would be spending more there.
  • There are 6 days to watch the super series.
  • It starts to sprinkle and they stop the game.
  • Cricket is boring.

Actually they don't usually televise the whole day into sydney for the cricket. The first few days are always the most exciting, hence I have mad the decision to go to these days. Add to that becuase I am a member I have to get there at 8 am to have a chance of getting a reasonable seat! It isn't supposed to rain till late saturday!

ali

Bench
So how's it costing you a hundred bucks? Take some food and water and you'll only need to spend money if you decide to hit the piss.

At least we are going to beat that shocking crowd at Telstra a few years back.

Paullyboy

Coach
Either way its going to look disgraceful having a half empty stadium - every other sport is going to have their standard field day laughing at us.

Should have been held at Suncorp in a city where people care about the game.

jed

First Grade
So there should be no international games played at Telstra because we're not going to fill it with the 80,000 that the stadium holds?

elBandido

Juniors
***MH*** said:
I didn't say anything about the SFS.... it only takes a 15 minute train trip from Central to Olympic Park! (on a good day)
There'd be some sports supporters out there on Saturday doing the daily double.
My point here is that the Cricket isn't an excuse for a Rugby League fan to be missing out on the Test match at Telstra!

Then why did you quote my post when you were talking about a completely different issue? :?

strong_latte

Juniors
jed said:
So there should be no international games played at Telstra because we're not going to fill it with the 80,000 that the stadium holds?

Absolutely! If they were gonna get 50,000+ then it'd be ok, but that hasn't happened for a while... 50,000 at Telstra has less atmosphere than 40k at the SFS in any case.

***MH***

Bench
elBandido said:
Then why did you quote my post when you were talking about a completely different issue? :?
you brought cricket into the thread as an excuse for not having the game at the sfs due to congestion, it's clearly irrelevent because there is room in Sydney for both games to go ahead on the same day....

Sydney has a population of over 4 million people and we can't even get 2% (80,000) to be there?

Ali said:
The Kangaroos have never played at Telstra before..... so yeah, we will beat the crowd record this weekend for them at this stadium!

lockyno1

Post Whore
ali said:
So how's it costing you a hundred bucks? Take some food and water and you'll only need to spend money if you decide to hit the piss.

When you go with mates of yours, believe me it costs AT LEAST $100! Beers are like 5 bucks there! I have usually 8 when I go to a full day, that is 40 bucks already and then I usually buy some of their dinks and vice versa. It just is the case. I may end up going to the league but I doubt it!

elBandido

Juniors
***MH*** said:
you brought cricket into the thread as an excuse for not having the game at the sfs due to congestion, it's clearly irrelevent because there is room in Sydney for both games to go ahead on the same day....
No I didn't if you had actually bothered to read what I wrote it was that they said they couldn't be held next door to each other on the same complex due to crowd congestion not because of two sporting events happening on the same day in the same city.

***MH*** said:
The Kangaroos have never played at Telstra before..... so yeah, we will beat the crowd record this weekend for them at this stadium!

Stadium Australia, Sydney

1999 & 2000
NZ 2

Well I spose they haven't played there when it has been called Telstra and you could be being pedantic but on previous form I doubt it.

***MH***

Bench
:lol: i quoted your article in reference to cricket being a competitor to crowd numbers against rugby league, not because of the choice not to play it at the sfs. i was making a sub-point on the post you made, i agree with the point being made here in this topic that the sfs would be a more effiecient stadium to contain this tri-nations match. The fact of the matter is that its at Telstra and i've got tickets because i support league no matter where it's played at and league supporters in Sydney aren't getting behind international rugby league, which is the real issue.

Paullyboy

Coach
jed said:

Yes, definately. Why play in a hollow, atmosphere-less sphere that looks bad to those watching on TV when you could have the exact same amount of people in a smaller stadium where all of those problems are eliminated.

I hate the attitude that, oh its big, so its gotta be played there.

Fair enough if the crowd is big - but we all know its not going to be.

yakstorm

First Grade
Okay just bought some tickets with the supporter group.

As of 12:50 today (13/10) my highest PAX is 25,710

***MH***

Bench
may the ARL should announce that there are only 1000 tickets remaining to the public and increase the demand for seats.....

southsman

Juniors
I 'd pay 100 bucks a ticket to watch a legend like Joey John's carve up the opposition. He's a true genuis and with Lockyer as the halve partner it could be some fantastic football. Can't wait.....Lil Jon would be going Yeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

legend

Coach
See, current sales would see this crowd fit perfectly into EAS and create a terrific atmosphere.

Latest posts