What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many tickets sold?

elBandido

Juniors
strong_latte said:
Absolutely!
But can someone tell me with the obviousness of the crowd figures, why on EARTH the ARL decided to host this match at Telstra??? If they were gonna do it in Sydney, then Aussie stadium should have been where it was at! 25k would look half decent there! At Telstra it looks like an under 12s GF!

Because of crowd congestion issues with cricket next door on the same day and the deal that Telstra offered. I think it'll be 35k+ and if it's a competitive game with better planning for next years Tri-nations there is the potential for a sold out SFS and if Brisbane and Newcastle can back up their recent numbers that's a strong base for the comp.

strong_latte

Juniors
elBandido said:
Because of crowd congestion issues with cricket next door on the same day and the deal that Telstra offered. I think it'll be 35k+ and if it's a competitive game with better planning for next years Tri-nations there is the potential for a sold out SFS and if Brisbane and Newcastle can back up their recent numbers that's a strong base for the comp.

oh yeah, I forgot about the cricket... but I still think Telstra was a mistake! They should of had it in Brisbane if the SFS wasn't an option.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Play France in say Newcastle, Canberra, Gosford, Aussie Stad or even Melbourne. Theyve improved heaps since they were thumped 74-0 in 1994, plus with a new ESL team they will definately do a lot better.

Scott

Bench
First game should be in NZ

Second game in Sydney (SFS) the week after the Super Series Test.

Mr Saab

Referee
Calixte said:
Fact four.

The 2001 game Aus v GB in Sydney was an ambush and an aberration for that reason.

Fact five.

The 2002 series could have been 3-0 Aus (as it was), 2-1 Aus, 2-1 GB or even 3-0 GB.

fact 4....it was 2002 in july not 2001 and i was there.

fact 5...it was 2003, not 2002

***MH***

Bench
elBandido said:
pfft, the cricket will finish up about 5 when play is stopped due to bad light or earlier as showers are expected for Saturday.... plenty of time for cricket goers to see Australia's real best sporting team out at Telstra!

elBandido

Juniors
Scott said:
First game should be in NZ

Second game in Sydney (SFS) the week after the Super Series Test.

But that makes sense what are you thinking? This is international rugby league we're talking about.;-)

elBandido

Juniors
***MH*** said:
pfft, the cricket will finish up about 5 when play is stopped due to bad light or earlier as showers are expected for Saturday.... plenty of time for cricket goers to see Australia's real best sporting team out at Telstra!

The cricket prevented the use of SFS I didn't say anything about it affecting Telstra.

JK

Phoney MX said:
Hopefully next year France will also be added to the competition so they can start playing the big boys on a regular basis and preparing for 2008.

This brings me to my second point, us and NZ need to play more tests against other nations because frankly playing against each other constantly is getting very tiresome and repetitive. This year I actively chose to go to the super test on Saturday between the aussies and the ICC World XI over the Tri Nations opener simply because I am sick of seeing AUS and NZ.

Ok - so you last saw Aus vs NZ in Sydney when????

What a joke of an attitude! :roll:

Calixte

First Grade
Apologies re- those two dates but my points still stand...

There has been a vacuum in international rugby league at the highest level in Australia since 1992 with only one test played against GB in Sydney.

Accordingly, the claim by L/Freak that lower crowds in Sydney for internationals are a by-product of Australia thrashing international sides in-front of Sydney fans is still incorrect.

panthersballboy

Juniors
I think there will be a lot of people like me who will rock up on the day. I'm thinking about 30000 to 35000 crowd but if it can get over 40k then that will be great.

knights 2004

Juniors
So on 10-10-2005 the PAX was 21 284
and on 12-10-2005 the PAX is 24 413

so 24 413 + junior packages (which yak said was just under 5k so we will say 4,500) = 29 000
+ Telstra Stadium members of which i have no idea how many would show up.

but we are looking at over 30k unless i have completely stuffed this up

Copa

Bench
knights 2004 said:
So on 10-10-2005 the PAX was 21 284
and on 12-10-2005 the PAX is 24 413

so 24 413 + junior packages (which yak said was just under 5k so we will say 4,500) = 29 000
+ Telstra Stadium members of which i have no idea how many would show up.

but we are looking at over 30k unless i have completely stuffed this up
There will be walk-ups also.

knights 2004

Juniors
yeah of course. and if its gained 3000 in 2 days. theres 3 days left. thats another 4500 tickets which brings total to 33 500 + walk up crowd + telstra members.

and yes everyone i know this is not an accurate mathamatically perfect formula.

but i just wanted to make an estimation.

so 33 500 + (what is expected for walk up?) + (how many telstra members will show up?)

***MH***

Bench
elBandido said:
The cricket prevented the use of SFS I didn't say anything about it affecting Telstra.
I didn't say anything about the SFS.... it only takes a 15 minute train trip from Central to Olympic Park! (on a good day)
There'd be some sports supporters out there on Saturday doing the daily double.
My point here is that the Cricket isn't an excuse for a Rugby League fan to be missing out on the Test match at Telstra!

carlnz

Bench
IMO they should have billed this as the last time the two best half backs ever produced by Aus and NZ will face each other on Australian soil.

I wish the players talked it up, maybe if we saw Wiki and Petro start verbaly attacking each other during the media it could attract more.

Anything under 40,000 will be dissapointing, they had a long long time to promote this game. And the fact they didnt advertise the game at the Grand Final in front of 80,000 people strikes me as bizzare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lockyno1

Post Whore
***MH*** said:
I didn't say anything about the SFS.... it only takes a 15 minute train trip from Central to Olympic Park! (on a good day)
There'd be some sports supporters out there on Saturday doing the daily double.
My point here is that the Cricket isn't an excuse for a Rugby League fan to be missing out on the Test match at Telstra!

It is a long day and by 5:30pm (scheduled close of play) you ago to both re very tired. I would go to both but it is a money thing. I would spend $100 at a day at the cricket. and there is no need to spend another 50-60 bucks at the league. I can watch it on TV!

***MH***

Bench
lockyno1 said:
It is a long day and by 5:30pm (scheduled close of play) you ago to both re very tired. I would go to both but it is a money thing. I would spend $100 at a day at the cricket. and there is no need to spend another 50-60 bucks at the league. I can watch it on TV!
  • You can watch the Cricket on TV.
  • You'd be at the SCG longer so you would be spending more there.
  • There are 6 days to watch the super series.
  • It starts to sprinkle and they stop the game.
  • Cricket is boring.

Latest posts