What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

Votes: 17 18.3%

Votes: 16 17.2%

Votes: 14 15.1%

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Season

Votes: 38 40.9%

• Total voters

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Probably not.

But, if this was about Moltzen (I know he doesn't jump for bombs) the thread wouldn't be as long as it is.

Shock horror, people are more inclined to discuss an incident involving one of the best players in the game than they are if it involved some scrub. Amazing.

drake

First Grade
Probably not.

But, if this was about Moltzen (I know he doesn't jump for bombs) the thread wouldn't be as long as it is.
You're right. There would be far less justification and excuses if it were not such a big name player. There would be far less hate if it wasn't an amazingly skilled player who has a history for some pretty low acts. Sliding feet first, kicking Skando is the head when he was on the ground, sledging a suicidally depressed opponent (Corey Paterson), belting Nightingale when he was held by two Storm players.

Guy is so bloody talented; he's gifted in Rugby League talent, but he's a germ. Is it jealousy of his ability, really?

drake

First Grade
You rarely see Slater smashed. He either passes, dives to the ground or kicks someone in the head. :D

dogslife

Coach
You won't see it anymore. Blokes will be worried about getting kicked in the head without repercussion

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Um.... aren't there gradings which include careless, reckless and intentional??

He kicked him in the head. Pick the grading and go with it.

StormHi

Juniors
What a soft co ck dogs shoulda been penalized for diving that was worse then Luke's v the cowboys!!!

DJShaksta

First Grade
I hope someone knocks his head off next week and just tells the ref that's his style of tackling.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Just watched it again on ABC news.

If that wasn't careless at least then I'm really not sure how you define careless.

I think it was reckless, to be honest.

But hey, if it being accidental means no suspension, then I can't wait for all the lawyers getting in front of the judiciary to defend all the accidental head high tackles.

Grapple

Bench
890188-slater.gif

Typically Tony Williams is the only one standing still. :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
This thread really shows who here has played the game and who hasn't.

If you've ever played the game, you'd know that this is just one of those freakish things that can happen in rugby league.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
This thread really shows who here has played the game and who hasn't.

If you've ever played the game, you'd know that this is just one of those freakish things that can happen in rugby league.
Bullshit. F*** I hate it when people try and play this card.

There's a massive difference between putting your knee up and your leg parallel to your body in front of you - the proper way to catch a bomb - and your leg flinging out in front of you and kicking someone in the head.

It doesn't matter if it was freakish or a one-off. Just like it doesn't matter all those freakish times that a player goes in to tackle someone and the attacker falls a bit or the defenders arm goes out because they are being sidestepped and the attacker takes one to the head.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Oh, and by the way, what is with the excuse that he puts his leg up to protect himself anyway - that is actually how you had to catch bombs BEFORE they put in the rule to protect the catcher.

Nowadays if you hit the catcher it is a penalty. This rule means that the fullback doesn't need to put his knee, leg, or whatever in the way.

thorson1987

Coach
Oh, and by the way, what is with the excuse that he puts his leg up to protect himself anyway - that is actually how you had to catch bombs BEFORE they put in the rule to protect the catcher.

Nowadays if you hit the catcher it is a penalty. This rule means that the fullback doesn't need to put his knee, leg, or whatever in the way.

That is the worst part of the argument against what slater did. (BTW i agree it was a penalty)

Yes, there are rules to prevent players being tackled in the air, yet we still see it happen don't we.

I know i would do all i could to prevent my legs being taken out from under me whilst in the air.

Constraint

Juniors
I just hope more wingers/fullbacks start using this geniused technique, just so it's put an end to. And don't pull out that ridiculous "Oh but it's his natural action" nonsense. If your "natural action" involves kicking challengers in the head, be they early, late or on time to the challenge, you don't do it. It's not rocket science.

And I've seen Billy field PLENTY of bombs without raising his leg to right angles off the ground directly towards an opposition challenger, so please, for the sake of sanity, don't pretend he's done it this way since he first leapt out of the cradle.

I unconditionally guarantee you that if this utterly absurd action is emulated by even a token few others, it'll be banned, and, in my opinion, rightfully so.

Incidental, accidental, whatever you want to call it, sure. At the end of the day, it ends up with a boot to the neck/head, and discourages challengers to the ball.

magpie4ever

First Grade
He should be given a multi-million dollar hollywood contract, if he can deliberately kick someone in the gob while catching a bomb under pressure - Slater is the new Bruce Lee or Jacky Chan.

Give me a break - FFS.

Last edited: